Haulover Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haulover Question...

In not the northern-most lot, but the next one south, there is a shower house or whatever. It used to be open all the time, but has not been open the past few times Ive gone to Haulover. Does anyone know if this has been shut down permanently, and if so...why?

In not the northern-most lot, but the next one south, there is a shower house or whatever. It used to be open all the time, but has not been open the past few times Ive gone to Haulover. Does anyone know if this has been shut down permanently, and if so...why?

Comment

The buildings you are refering to are being torn down and re-built. On the parking lot side, the showers are open. They are at the tunnel entrance in the middle of the parking lot. There are bathing suit showers along the access road behing the dunes.

Comment

What is the best time of day to go to Haulover?

Comment

Go all day!

Comment

From early in the morning until the lifeguards go home, or shortly thereafter. Lately there has been a troublesome element coming to the beach late to either make trouble or engage in illegal activities. The SFFB is aware of it and is taking steps to get later patrols of the beach. I love the beach but sometimes "know" when its time to go.

Comment

My experience at Haulover has been pretty good. But I learned the first day that you don't want to hang around there long after the life guards leave.
              We would usually be on the beach at sunrise every day. We would take some pictures of the sunrise and head back to the motel for breakfast.

I can't wait to get back there.

Steve

Comment

I agree. We will be making our last trip of the season in two weeks. We will be there for 6 days. We will still make it to Tampa and to Orlando for a couple of nude weekends but Haulover, our favorite spot, will have to wait until next December. No matter how often we go, its never enough.

Comment

what kind of activities are you talking about? ive only been there a few times and havent really seen anything bad go on.

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Nude in the North:
                    [qb] My experience at Haulover has been pretty good. But I learned the first day that you don't want to hang around there long after the life guards leave.
                    We would usually be on the beach at sunrise every day. We would take some pictures of the sunrise and head back to the motel for breakfast.

I can't wait to get back there.

Steve [/qb]
                    HI Steve, If you don't mind telling
                    What motel do you use when staying at Haulover Beach?
                    Happy Trails, Bob

Comment

Hi, I'm not Steve, he is the cute one, but..Check this out before you go.. Shirley's Recommended Hotels Then go from there...Cheers...NoodJuggler. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Just mention that the reason you are staying there is because of the Clothing-Optional beach, Haulover.

Comment

We have stayed at the Days Inn, its very close but very run down. We also stayed at Ocean Palms which is next door to the Days Inn. Its not as run down but nothing to write home about. If you are willing to spend a more, and walk just a little farther the Newport Resort is close. It is much nicer and located at the fishing pier. If you are willing to drive to the beach stay in South Beach which is lots more fun and well worth it. You can also stay at the Sheraton Bal Harbour, a first class hotel which is about 3 miles south across from the world famous Bal Harbour shops. Its walkable but really too far to be practical. We stay mostly in South Beach which gives us great nights and great days at the beach.

Comment

I have stayed at Ocean Palm motel several times. I found it not at all run down but certainly not a resort. Pricing is reasonable especially since kitchens are included.It was VERY clean! It is closest to Haulover of any of them. The owner is very supportive of nudists, in fact has contributed money to support the "Ambassadors", the volunteer patrol at Haulover.
                          When I go to Haulover I want a reasonably priced room with all conveniences, close with only a 3 min walk to the nude beach, have it clean, plenty of parking and no fancy resort stuff. I want the beach. Ocean Palm has come through several times. And, I have NO financial or other relationship with Ocean Palm. It just happens to be my choice.
                          Hugs,
                          Don

Comment

Here is why it is important to look at Shirley's Website ..

This is from Shirley's site..

"SHIRLEY'S RECOMMENDED HOTELS NEAR HAULOVER
                            Welcome Nude Recreation Travelers and Supporters, I'm Shirley Mason and the information I'm providing is a no-nonsense, up-front accounting of accommodations primarily located on or near the peninsula of Miami Beach - known as the sun and fun capital of the world, or in more recent years, a more fitting phrase: the American Riviera. That is due to ALL beaches here being top-free and g-string permissible for both sexes.

I've selected properties that are close to our present and/or future designated clothing optional public beach areas for two reasons. First, I use the word "designated" to give you a level of assurance for your safe, secure, legal (non-sexual) nude use of the areas from the police and other government authorities. This also denotes clothing optional "no hassle" areas that have "friends of" groups who mentor beach by helping both the beach users and its government oversight agencies and staff. Secondly, I selected these properties because they've made a conscious effort to either support the nonprofit organizations over the years or are deliberately working to make changes to their facilities to accommodate, in some way, the nude recreation choice of this niche market.

As naturists, we are not fooling ourselves in thinking that we have converted these hotel owners into becoming naturists or the belief in the wholesomeness of natural body acceptance in a social environment. This is about filling their rooms with paying guests by giving the customer what they want.

This simple business pact, if nurtured, will benefit the entire nude recreation movement. That is the B.E.A.C.H.E.S. [Beach Education Advocates for Culture, Health, Environment and Safety] organizations' goal.

I have personal knowledge of these facilities and their management because, over the past several years, I've used them for meetings, socials, conferences, and overnight stays. In addition, South Florida Free Beaches (a Chapter group of B.E.A.C.H.E.S. Foundation) has members and friends working at all these recommended properties. They help by providing information helpful to the prospective visitors".

Please check out these places first...Cheers...NoodJuggler. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't disagree that it is important to support those who support us and I have stayed at both the Days Inn and Ocean Palms. However, though Haulover is by far the biggest attraction for me during the day, it is not open at night nor does the area around these hotels have much appeal for me compared to the excitement of South Beach and Lincoln Road just a little further south. If I am going to stay for only one night, I stay at Ocean Palms, but for a longer stay I'll take South Beach. I also do not think it is terrible to stay at the other hotels I mentioned and to inform the staff that the reason I am staying at their resort is because of the beach. This can only help our cause. Another thing to remember is that both the Days Inn and Ocean Palms are probably not long for this world. Witness the immediate construction around them including a new Hilton, etc.

I think as Naturists we need to also accept that we come in not only all shapes and sizes but also in all income brackets. Just as there are many "rustic" nudist resorts which used to be the norm, there are now places like Paradise, Caliente, Desert Shadows, Grand Lido, etc., which appeal to people who want, and will pay for better facilities. This is not meant to disparage anyone. The last time I was at Haulover there were BMWs and Mercedes, as well as many other expensive cars in the lot. Perhaps some of these people might prefer something more upscale. I always tell people that Haulover is the only nude beach I know near Saks, Neiman Marcus and within walking distance of Starbucks. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X