Northern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern California

I plan to go to San Francisco later this year and I am taking an extra week to explore Northen CA and the Oregon coast. Are there any good c/o beaches to check out on the way?

I plan to go to San Francisco later this year and I am taking an extra week to explore Northen CA and the Oregon coast. Are there any good c/o beaches to check out on the way?

Comment

Yes there are a few check out the San Francisco Bay Guardian web site. Every year they publish a list of the best clothing optional beaches in the area. You might also consider going inland a bit to the Nappa valley and checking out Harbin hotsprings. Very new age sort of mildly hippie dippie place but very cool. Also I believe the Sequoians nudist resort is quite close by. Do you know about the Bay to Breakers foot race? Every year a contingent of about a hundred or so run/walk it in the nude. That is quite an experience, do it at least once in your life.

Comment

I heard something once about Point Reyes having some spots that would be secluded enough for nudity, but maybe some of you California people could tell us more about it.

Comment

Pt. Reyes is basically one gigantic opportunity to frolic nude. I've hiked there many times, and you are guaranteed to find somewhere secluded to lay-out...and, there are also areas where people congregate. Check out the SF Bay Guardian website - sfbg.com - in the coming weeks. Also, if you can, try to find Dave Patrick's California Nude Beach guide. There are three editions, and it includes the Pt. Reyes info. From my experience, Limantour beach is a good place...just walk south from the parking lot area on the beach. Usually clothed families hang out around the parking lot. Good luck.
          Also, check out Red Rock Beach - never been there, but only hear great things.

Comment

There are a few resorts here too, such as Harbin, Laguna, Lupin and Sequoians.

Comment

quote:
              Also, check out Red Rock Beach - never been there, but only hear great things
              Yes, Red Rock is great. www.redrockbeach.com

Comment

I have yet to spend quality time at a nude beach, I've only frequented resorts so far... the only one I've been to is Limantour, but never stayed long enough to get naked and enjoy it. Maybe this summer...

Comment

zorro,

You missed mentioning one of the largest, and nicest Clothing Optional Resorts in Northern California, 21 miles from, Sacramento, CA:

Laguna Del Sol http://www.lagunadelsol.com

Comment

Gary: check my post from April 23rd above. Laguna is probably my favorite resort here in Northern California, but I don't get there often enough. Last time was for Nudestock 2002...

Comment

Working...
                    X