Lake Cachuma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Cachuma

Does anyone know of out of the beaten path trails for some hiking and swimming at Lake Cachuma in Santa Barbara CA...

Does anyone know of out of the beaten path trails for some hiking and swimming at Lake Cachuma in Santa Barbara CA...

Comment

Lake Cachuma? God bless you! (Sorry.... couldn't help it!)

Melissa

Comment

Unless things have changed there is no body contact allowed at Lake Cachuma. This is drinking water storage. However, as stupid as it seems you can go up passed the lake to the river/creek feeding the lake. I have done some skinny dipping there. It gets really hot and dry in the summer months. There is also a camp ground.

Doug

Comment

The lake is a tough area, steep and no trails. The stream feeding Cachuma has swimming holes: Red Rock State Park, but they are all close to roads.

I would suggest going to More Mesa Beach instead on the beach. No risk of getting busted. 2 miles from the 101 at Turnpike.

Comment

I used to go hiking at Rattlesnake Canyon in Santa Barbara off the trails. There is running water all year round. Best time to go is during the rainy season and shortly thereafter when the water is fresher. Never had any trouble with anyone bothering you there. There are several hiking trails up that way also. Seven Falls also is a good place to skinnydip but is uusually dry after the rainy season.

Comment

what fishnude said

Comment

Working...
              X