Palm Springs Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palm Springs Retreat

Just FYI.....Terra Cotta didn't have the fun it used to have...Mary Claire the owner was her "usual" self", but has anyone else noticed the feeling that you are in a NURSING HOME.....while there?? If the geriatric scene is what you're looking for...let me suggest....T.C.

Be interestd to know if anyone shares these thoughts......

Just FYI.....Terra Cotta didn't have the fun it used to have...Mary Claire the owner was her "usual" self", but has anyone else noticed the feeling that you are in a NURSING HOME.....while there?? If the geriatric scene is what you're looking for...let me suggest....T.C.

Be interestd to know if anyone shares these thoughts......

Comment

My wife and I have been to the TC many times. We have always found the owners Tom and Marie Clair to be most gracious and attentive to their guest. The facility is beautiful, well kept and the refreshments are the very best. As for the age of people there, I have met all ranges from the 20/30 somthings to the more senior set. A nice veriety of couples from many different US locations and countries, keeps conversations and things interesting. What more could a guest as for? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
      Sawdust

Comment

Gotta agree with sawdust, we always have a great time at TCI. In fact, we leave tomorrow morning for a week there. Met some really great people there last year at this time and we are all meeting back there for a reunion.

What age group are you looking for anyway? Didn't know there was an age limit with nudism. We've seen the range of ages at TCI. Yes, it does attract a more mature crowd than Desert Shadows, I think because it's quieter, but we've seen amany a young couples there that enjoy the quieter setting.

Tom and Mary Clare are nice people, they are nudist but they are also business people and I can only imagine that TCI has it's challenges and maybe you've caught her at some stressful times. She's always been really nice to my wife and I.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I must admit that when my boyfriend and I went to the Terra Cotta a few years ago it was a fun place to be because the owners seem to be enjoying what they were doing. I didn't notice that the last time I went, and after visitng some other "couples only" resorts, we saw what we were missing. We would rather spend our precious time off somewhere, where we can feel pampered and welcome: Didn' get that at the T.C.

Comment

...where we can feel pampered and welcome: Didn't get that at the T.C.

If this is the way you feel, you should drop TCI an e-mail to let them know how you were offended and that you were not happy with your stay. They need to know this so it will not happen again. Every one has an off day now and then and I am sure Tom and Marie Clair are no different. So be kind here and cut them some slack on this one time. They are still great people and have a great place as I believe most visitors will testify. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Sawdust

Comment

I agree with sawdust again...as I sit at my small table in our room on my laptop at Terra Cotta Inn.

We are finishing up week here with several friends from all over the United States and Canada. We met them last year, met up with them this year and have already booked another week same time next year.

TCI is a small inn. They have quite a few ammenities for its size and the size of the staff. We have always been treated nicely and with a friendly smile. The staff takes care of our needs but I don't think they are capable of doing the pampering some of those may be looking for and still keep the cost of the rooms down so it is still affordable to stay here.

We booked a week for 878.00 next year. That's pretty reasonable in my book and besides, we come here for the people and to enjoy ourselfs, we really don't need to be pampered, just taken care of if we need something. Tom and Mary Clare have always been gracious with each request.

I don't think TCI has to worry about too many people not returning...our group just booked 7 of the 17 rooms with several e-mails out to those that have left that expressed interest in returning when we all return.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Well Fire, I must again agree with Barely.....I just got a call from friends who too were escaping some winter weather at the TC..I relayed what Saw had said...give another chance, maybe just an off day, everyone has their moments.........Horse-hockey! They too have changed their plans for later this summer, as they felt tension between MC and Tom (two of the couples had just met them for the first time!). I am glad that you and Saw are loyal to the TC, and I hope you have many many more vacations there....from what I have been hearing...shouldn't be too difficult to get a room...... Pat

Comment

One more thing, Fire...."did you ever stop and wonder why it was so easy for you get 7 out of 17 rooms just like that?? Think about it.

Comment

I thought about it.....about two seconds.

It isn't that easy to get a room there. We know because we are at times turned away because the place is booked. We were able to get the rooms because we booked a year in advance!!!!

I wonder...MC and Tom having a disagreement...let's see, married couple, married 20+ years, running a business and being together everyday at home and at work....I would say they are entitled. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

My wife and I got on here to look for a new place because the last place we went had a nasty hottub out in back of our room (no treatment for a long time, it appeared), large bugs coming from the bath tub, and an attitude among the two owners. It indeed was the TC and it is nice to see that others share our feelings. Now that we have ventured out, we are finding some great places out there! Keep looking Pattee!!

Comment

Fireman, I would be very interested in what other places you have discovered..Perhaps we could email privately? I write several articles on naturalists in my area, and would love to include any hide-a-ways you may have come upon in you search! I'd be happy to tell you of a few "hidden spots" in California.....

Also, Fireprof....didn't mean to rile you. Everyone likes something different, I am glad you have found a place that suits you. It wasn't what I was looking for, that's all.

Comment

Pattee,

Sorry...didn't mean to get riled or hop up on a soap box. Got a little defensive is all.

Human nature to get that way if you think someone is questioning your taste.

Okay...enough of that, what type of place are you looking for? What types of ammenities are important? Have you ever been to Desert Shadows in Palm Springs?

They seem to have more resort hotel ammenities than TCI but have a few other rules that don't appeal to us. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

It would seem from all the postings that TCI is not for everyone. If you'll investigate other sources, I am sure to find a place that you will fit in. TCI is a small, comfortable resort for nice people who like to meet people in a clean, leasurily, stress free enviroment. It is NOT a party resort and has never billed itself as such. People who are looking for that at TCI really should look elswhere. Civil respect for other people, their appearance, and their privacy is parimont rule supported by both of the owners. This resort is intended for people to relax and enjoy themselves in, not to let free their party inabitions at the cost of other people. Again, if that is what a person wants, they need to look elswhere. As for my wife and my self, we just love the place and eagerly look forward to our next trip to TCI. See you there! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Sawdust

Comment

sawdust,

Is there a particular time of the year you go to TCI for a week? We often go for the day throughout the year and sometimes stay for the weekend a few times a year but have met up with a really great crowd from Canada, Washington, Colorado and....Orange County. We have this February thing going with them. They are such a great bunch of people that we brave the cooler time of the year to be together there.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X