Question about Maui's nude beaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Maui's nude beaches

Do any of the nude beaches on Maui have restrooms? Even porta-potties? Are they close to parking or is it a hike? How difficult if it is a hike?

Do any of the nude beaches on Maui have restrooms? Even porta-potties? Are they close to parking or is it a hike? How difficult if it is a hike?

Comment

There are no toilet facilities on Red Sand Beach. Little Beach doesn't have any either, but you can walk over to the adjacent Big Beach where there are PortaPotties.

Comment

Luvnaturism is correct. No toilet facilities at either one. Closer facilities to Little Beach though. The most common way to get to LB is going through Big Beach and climbing up the old lava flow. You pass the portapotties on the way.

Niether hike is difficult. But I would say the hike to LB is easier. The trail to Red Sand Beach is tight and awkward in some areas. Not for the scared of heights or someone who can't navigate a rough, wooded trail. The trail to LB is just up the lava flow and down. Defineately need good shoes for both.

Comment

I concur with the previous posts. Little Beach is the place to go. You won't want to leave.

Comment

At the beach, if I have to do #1, I just go out for a swim and go in the water... After all, that's where the fish go.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by lovebeingnude:
              At the beach, if I have to do #1, I just go out for a swim and go in the water... After all, that's where the fish go.

Probably the main reason most of us go into the ocean.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by lovebeingnude:
                Hmmm... and do those fish come out to the porta-potties for #2?

Comment

Go to "Little Beach" (it has another long hawaiian name too). It is the best nude beach I've ever been to in the USA. It is located right next to Big Beach (Makena). Just south a short walk, then a small climb over some lava rocks.

Bathrooms: Little beach itself has no bathrooms. But Big Beach has a small line of port-o-lets...free of charge for any patrons of the beach. It is probably a 5-10 minute walk from where your towel will be at on Little Beach.

Accessibility: There are 2 barriers that might stand in your way. The first is that most of the walking is through sand, kind of thick sand. The actual distance from the parking lot to the middle of Little Beach is probably 2 or 3 football fields. The second obstacle is literally an obstacle. To get to little beach you need to follow a short path over some lava rock formations (it is what seperates the beach from the public portion of the beach and allows nudity to be well accepted there). The only hard part is the beginning, where you'll need to step up 3 or 4 feet and kind of wedge yourself into the beginning of the path....after that, you shimmy on up a narrow sandy/rock path and then it's a nice easy downhill hike as Little Beach opens up before you. .....if you are unable to do that, then there is another longer hike from a hotel that brings you in to the beach from the other side. I've been told that is not a short hike....but basically the places most worth visiting in Maui always seemed to be the hardest to get to

Little Beach is my favorite nude beach in the whole USA....great atmosphere, picturesque, amazing sunsets, just all around ideal. I hope you'll be there soon!

Comment

Here is a photo of the lava flow you must climb to access Little Beach. The photo is taken from the Big Beach side.

Make sure you park in the first lot as if you end up in the second (as I did on my first visit) you will have a long walk in the sand that DoctorSurferDude mentioned. Emergency phone number 17 is across the road from the parking lot closest to LB.

Have fun, wish I were there.

Comment

I haven't seen this mentioned, but it's important to wear some sort of shoes or sandals. Most people wouldn't want to negotiate the lava flow barefooted, but the more important part is that there are places where trees have dropped sharp thorns into the sand. Often you don't see them because the sand hides them, but you certainly will feel them.

Comment

Thanks for all the replys. Hopefully going to go to Little Beach and Red Sand Beach next Feb. Don't know if I will be able to convince my wife though, she is who is most worried about the br sitution.

Comment

This is a link to my post regarding my visit to Red Sand Beach. Hope it helps. Have a great time and keep us posted on your adventures. I am sure your wife will love both beaches.

http://clothesfreeforums.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6500016...390029944#3390029944

Comment

I agree that good shoes/sandals are a necessity. I also agree with DoctorSurferDude that it is one the best beaches anywhere - nudist or otherwise.

Comment

Little Beach on Maui is a great place. Check this link for some information on the beach (including directions)
                              Maui's Little Beach

Straight people tend to stay to the area just over the rocks, bi and curious people go in the center and gays on the far end. On Sundays there's fire dancing and a drum circle starting in the late afternoon and culminating at sunset. If you decide to stay past sunset, don't forget to bring a flashlight!

Have fun!!!

A place to stay not far from little beach.

A Clothing Optional place to stay not far from little beach.]Tropical Breezes C/O Inn

Comment

Working...
                              X