Cypresscove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cypresscove

While we were down in the Greater Orlando area last week. My wife agreed to at least take a tour of Cypresscove. From the time we entered, the staff were great. They gave us a great tour. I felt relaxed and was ready to stay. But my wife was still unsure. Hopefully next year we will stay. Just taking baby steps for now. Thanks again Cypresscove, hope to see you next year.

Cypress Cove has every element a great resort should have....and better yet, they put them together right, without compromising the principles of nudism.

Comment

When we are down in the Orlando area, Cypress is were we stay. Just the best place to stay and relax. We love it.

Comment

A visit to Cypress Cove is a must for any nudist living in or visiting the Orlando area. I introduced my g/f to Cypress Cove and she felt comfortable immediately. It is the perfect setting for those new to nudism as well as seasoned nudists.

Comment

I e-mailed Cypress Cove to inquire if they admitted unaccompanied males (TNS member). I received a response stating I would be welcome anytime. I checked Trip Advisor and found some pro's & con's which is to be expected.

Does anyone know if there is any mass transportation to CC from Orlando Airport or do you suggest renting a car? I doubt that I would use the vehicle except for transportation to and from the airport. When I visited Paradise Lakes there was a shuttle that ran between Tampa Airport and the resort which was convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy:
            I e-mailed Cypress Cove to inquire if they admitted unaccompanied males (TNS member). I received a response stating I would be welcome anytime. I checked Trip Advisor and found some pro's & con's which is to be expected.

Does anyone know if there is any mass transportation to CC from Orlando Airport or do you suggest renting a car? I doubt that I would use the vehicle except for transportation to and from the airport. When I visited Paradise Lakes there was a shuttle that ran between Tampa Airport and the resort which was convenient.
            Call the resort -- BUT -- a car makes things VERY convenient. There are also some neat things not too far from the Cove to try out... a few great restaurants off the grounds, downtown Kissimmee (old Kissimmee) is pretty neat, and there is Disney....

There are also airboat rides in the area behind Cypress Cove.... but you also don't have to leave the Cove if you don't want to...

Oh yeah - one thing mrs lurk and I do, I make sure I get an appointment for a haircut and she has her hair done at Nature's Way (Carol's) on the grounds.

Yes, they are singles friendly as long as you have a membership in one of the major orgs. I was told I was welcome as a solo married person - but on the other hand, my wife was with me when they gave me the ok, so...

My wife and I both LOVE Cypress Cove.

Comment

[QUOTE]
              Does anyone know if there is any mass transportation to CC from Orlando Airport or do you suggest renting a car?

I once took a cab from the airport to the cove. I informed the cab driver that it was a nudist resort, and she had no problem with taking me, so, a cab is another option.

Comicsfan

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by comicsfan2001:
                Does anyone know if there is any mass transportation to CC from Orlando Airport or do you suggest renting a car?

I once took a cab from the airport to the cove. I informed the cab driver that it was a nudist resort, and she had no problem with taking me, so, a cab is another option.

Comicsfan
                I would think the cab fare + tip would greatly exceed the cost of a rental car -- especially if you already have compulsory insurance and CDW (platinum credit card). Check with your car insurance company for your own coverage and also your credit card company regarding collision damage waiver. Most "Gold Cards" have CDW.

Comment

If you are looking to rent a car. Do a search for Florida car rental discount codes. I found one before we went down there. I used it with Thrifty and saved almost 50%. Also it pays to reserve a car ahead of time. Then just pick it up when you get there.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions guys, it has been very helpful. Hope to make it there sometime this year.

Comment

Having been there I have to agree all the positive what is written here.

Comment

I've been a member of the "Cove" for over a decade. I've been to almost every nudist resort in Central Fl. None can compare!! If anyone is visiting the Orlando area, plan to visit there. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

I first visited The Cove with my wife on an exploratory visit (didn't last more than three hours - she is not interested in social nudism). She had to return home a few days later and I was staying in Central Florida for work. I phoned the resort and explained that I had a free day, had been there two days prior with my wife and would like return alone. I was welcomed. Seems that I established my bonafides by visiting with my wife the first time.

I have returned several times alone, each time verifying acceptance of a single male. I was told that a large portion of their business relies on single nudists (both genders) - this by the owner himself. I always try to make myself unobtrusive, and keep mostly to myself. But I am almost always greeted by the other guests warmly. Questions like "how come you are sitting by yourself?" when I sit in Cheeks enjoying a beer or "glass" of wine.

I do note just an edge from one or two of the staff - mostly when I check in - like they are don't expect an unaccompanied male. But that is very transitory.

As to transportation to the resort, it is a fair distance from the Orlando airport. A rental is the best way. I usually take the Central Florida Greenway - tolls but much quicker than the OBT or looping out to I4 down to 192 and down Poinciana Blvd.

Comment

Cypress Cove question

I have an opportunity to spend 2 full days in Orlando in late February 2008. Does anyone know what I could expect for weather there? Would it be worth the trip? Thanks.

Comment

The weather almanac for Kissimmee for February shows temps in the low-70s during the day, 50s at night. Records in the mid-80s for highs, 30s for lows.

We are visiting Cypress Cove ourselves later this month (24th-30th), getting the ball rolling on buying a home at the Cove and moving there to live full-time by July if all works out.

Enjoy your visit!

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X