Nice evening in MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice evening in MN

I'm just writing to let everyone know that it's a nice evening in MN. The air temp is 65 and it gets dark about 8:00. It was a great night to walk around the back yard nude and not have to worry about the people next door seeing me. None of the back yard is private in the daylight, but if I turn off the inside lights, and make sure the security light is off, I'm free to walk around in the dark. I just wanted to let someone know. Thanks for reading.

Chris

I'm just writing to let everyone know that it's a nice evening in MN. The air temp is 65 and it gets dark about 8:00. It was a great night to walk around the back yard nude and not have to worry about the people next door seeing me. None of the back yard is private in the daylight, but if I turn off the inside lights, and make sure the security light is off, I'm free to walk around in the dark. I just wanted to let someone know. Thanks for reading.

Chris

Comment

Hi Tall Chris.....it sounds like you had a wonderful evening in your backyard. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Just out of curiosity how tall are you? The reason I ask is I have a 6' high fence in my backyard. Anyone who is taller than say 6' 3", could easily see over the fence. I have a son who is very tall and can indeed, see into the neighbors yards. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
      Have a great evening! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

hw I'm 6'8". When I fence in my backyard I'm going to put in a 7' fence that needs no up keep.

Chris

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Tall Chris:
          [qb] hw I'm 6'8". When I fence in my backyard I'm going to put in a 7' fence that needs no up keep.

Chris [/qb]
          Thanks for the info. Chris....a 7' fence sounds like a great plan. I have a son who is 6'6" so I guess he's on the short side compared to you. lol Keep us posted on the progress of your fence project. I'd like one that doesn't require up keep or blow down when El Nino strikes! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmmmmmmm, that sounded very inviting. So much so that I checked my back yard. Drat ! one of my neighbors has an outside light on.

Comment

I sit nude in my chaise lounge after dark many warm evenings, with no fences or shrubbery between the houses. One night, my neighbor turned on the back porch light to go out and feed her dog. I just sat still, and she seemed not to notice anything unusual.

If she did, so what? It's my property, and she's free to choose not to look.

Comment

I like a cool walk around the yard too. Only problem is that my neighbor has a Very bright yard light in his yard. It's actually a street light so it's on from dusk to dawn. And to top that off he works in his shop till 3 or 4 in the morning in the summer. He's an autobody man and it's cooler for him to work those hours.
                So even at Midnight I have to be carefull he doesn't come out of the shop and see me.
                I spent several early mornings out in the front yard watering my rose garden this summer. It is so peacefull and refreshing. I am already looking forward to next summer.

Steve

Comment

Just wondering, Steve ...

Have you ever asked your neighbor if he would mind if you walked around your back yard naked late in the evening? I'm all for showing courtesy, and especially in favor of not riling your neighbors to the point that they get you arrested -- but who knows -- maybe he wouldn't really care?

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by hw:
                    [qb] . . . I have a 6' high fence in my backyard. Anyone who is taller than say 6' 3", could easily see over the fence. I have a son who is very tall and can indeed, see into the neighbors yards. [/qb]
                    A couple of factors enter into this.

If the lots where you live have been graded to drain from the back to the front, then at least along the back fence line the fence is effectively several inches taller unless someone is standing directly by the fence itself. Maybe your neighbor stands directly against his fence to look into your yard, but mine don't.

A related question is does your neighbor's yard ordinarily have someone that tall in it? Unless a very tall person lives there, or regularly visits, I wouldn't worry about it. The chance of someone looking over your 6' fence becomes small indeed...and then that person would be peering into your private space. He would be violating your privacy rather than the other way around.

However, it might be a good thing for you to encourage your tall son not to be deliberately looking into someone else's yard. Granting privacy encourages the giving of privacy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Even if ALL my neighbors said they didn't mind me being nude in my back yard , there is still one problem that can't be overcome.
                      The highway that runs past my house has traffic even into the wee hours of the morning. It would take a fence about 20 feet tall to block the view of my backyard from the highway.

I'm just fine with my little beach and swimming pool area.

Steve

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by luvnaturism:
                        [qb]A couple of factors enter into this.
                        However, it might be a good thing for you to encourage your tall son not to be deliberately looking into someone else's yard. Granting privacy encourages the giving of privacy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [/qb]
                        Hi luv...Actually my son no longer lives here; duty calls and all with Uncle Sam. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] When he did live here he wasn't the "Peeping Tom" type.
                        My neighbors are pretty cool anyway so there is not a problem. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I just like the idea of a 7' fence, planted with some nice thick plants. That way if there are children in the neighbors' back yards they won't be offended by accidently seeing something their parents don't want them to see. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Have a great evening. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by luvnaturism:
                          [qb]
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by hw:
                          [qb] . . . I have a 6' high fence in my backyard. Anyone who is taller than say 6' 3", could easily see over the fence. I have a son who is very tall and can indeed, see into the neighbors yards. [/qb]
                          However, it might be a good thing for you to encourage your tall son not to be deliberately looking into someone else's yard. [/qb]
                          Robert Wadlow, the "Alton Giant", was 8 feet 4 inches tall. He upset his handler, by not resisting glancing into (ventalation) transoms above hotel doors (about 60 years ago) as he walked down the hotel halls.

Comment

Working...
                          X