Bass Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Lake

Anyone ever been to here? I have seen some photos and the rock slides and water holes look amazing. I am only 4 hours away and curious if anyone had any specific nudist info about the place. Where to stay/camp that is close to the nude spots? Where exactly the nude spots are? etc.

Thanks

Anyone ever been to here? I have seen some photos and the rock slides and water holes look amazing. I am only 4 hours away and curious if anyone had any specific nudist info about the place. Where to stay/camp that is close to the nude spots? Where exactly the nude spots are? etc.

Thanks

Comment

CFI photo shoots are often at Bass Lake near the Central Valley offices of CFI at Oakhurst, CA.

This search for Bass Lake on the Forums search page results in these links mentioning Bass Lake.

Link to Search results for "Bass Lake"

Comment

What you are referring to is the Willow Creek area on the North side of Bass Lake. Willow Creek is an "accepted" or tolerated nudist area. It has several areas along the creek that lend itself to swimming, sunning and just enjoying naturism! I try to go at least once a week. The area just below Angle Falls is where most of the nduists hang out. Saturday's have the biggist crowdd. (this coming weekend though, will be a little cool as the weather forcasts temps in the high 60's!)

The crowd is mixed, always a newcomer or two, and several regulars, like me. I have not had a chance to view the current "Nudes in the news" but I think a segment was filmed up there, which seems to be the case every three or four editions.

Corky, one of the organizers of CLothes Free lives a couple of miles away, and Corey used to live up there also, until his move to southern CA.

Comment

Yes Bass Lake features again in the last show #152, it looks like a beautiful nature area BUT how cold (or warm) is that water?????? Maybe late summer it gets fairly confortable?

Comment

I was there all day yesterday! The water was warmer than normal because much higher in the mountains it apparently had some huge rain downpours. Water was higher than normal for this time of year and when it rains the color and clarity changes! Normaly swimming is great anytime after mid July. It will now start to cool down again becasue of the cooler nights! I was the only one there until about 4 Pm when I left a family of 4 came and set up a picinic below the nudist hangout. I was in and out of the water all day. Next week, when it warms up again, it should be great!

Comment

I’ve been there a few times this summer. But I started going last summer. Last time I was there (about 2 weeks ago) I wasn’t there long. Too many mosquitos. On the rocks I was fine but I don’t care fore laying around all day. I like to hike up. I can’t say how far but I took about an hour or 2 before I took a brake and came bake down. That was back at the end of July or so.

unabashednude - You said you go there often... Are the mosquitos gone yet? At least that’s what I think they are. They’re a bunch of flying bugs that like to fly around your head. I call them annoying.

Also the few times I’ve been there I only see maybe 2-4 nudist men and 1 maybe 2 textile families. Is that how it is most of the time? I’ve never seen a nudist family or more then 10 people there at one time before. (10 people as in say, 3 naturists and the others, textile families.) If more go, what days and time do they all go? When I go, I get there around 11 or noon and leave around 5 -6pm

Comment

Those "mosquitos" you refer to are knats (spelling?), harmless but anoying! Stick in the direct sunlight and they leave! Weekends are best for crowds, but this year the numbers of nudists are way down. Best hangout is just at the bottom of Angel Falls. I was there Monday, only one other nudist, male, and he kept to himself. A couple of female nudists who used to come up every weekend have moved down south.

I know I am going to get in trouble for saying this, While Clothes Free does a lot of filming and takes a lot of pictures around here at the creek, they rarely visit otherwise. Sometimes I wonder if they are not true nudists, just using the pretense of such, for a commercial venture!

Comment

Hmmmm...it looks so pretty up there that I might just still visit even if the majority of the nudist population is not around.
                  It is interesting what you bring up about CF's coverage of the place. I dont know enough about them as an organization or as just the people to say whether they just want the commercialization. But it probably wouldnt be the first time.

Comment

Thanks for the info unbashednude. And so you know knats is spelled gnats. I had to look it up. :P Anyways when do you think the annoying gnats will be gone? I would love to go hiking but I don't want to drive 2 hours to hike around annoying gnats.

One more thing. In the winter, it snows there right?? Is it safe to hike around in the snow? I would think it isn't safe but I'm asking anyways. I haven't been there in winter yet.

Comment

Re: Bass Lake

I hate to bump an ancient thread, but how is Bass Lake doing these days? I was born in Oakhurst and lived there a while, but I haven't been back in well over a decade.

Comment

Bass Lake is still awesome! The fireworks show was the best ever last week. Warm water, great for skinnydipping.

Comment

Thanks, good to know!

Comment

Working...
                          X