Sedona AZ Vortex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sedona AZ Vortex?

I will be visiting AZ later this year. I am curious about the native american belief system, and the vortex hikes near Sedona. Anyone know anything about this? Are any of them clothing optional? Or any other c/o opprotunities to suggest?

I will be visiting AZ later this year. I am curious about the native american belief system, and the vortex hikes near Sedona. Anyone know anything about this? Are any of them clothing optional? Or any other c/o opprotunities to suggest?

Comment

We were at Sedona last Fall, and fell in love with it. We're planning to return.

You can print a map from the internet that shows where the vortices are, and if you Google on the phrase "Sedona vortex" you'll find all sorts of tours and related experiences. Once you get there it's impossible to avoid seeing information about them.

I'm not aware of any clothing optional opportunities. The vortex sites that are reasonably easy to reach attract far too many people for that.

Quite by accident we happened to be at one of them when a Native American came in with two ladies that he was guiding. Since the space was small, we were able to hear his narrative without intruding into a private group.

Comment

We spent a week in Sedona last month. The scenery is absolutely gorgeous. The whole town is surrounded by the Coconino National Forest.

There are tons of hiking trails from the very easy to the very strenuous. One trail that we were on, we didn't see any other people for about 3 miles. But then others are more populated or pass through residential areas.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by wannabenaked20011, July 04, 2007 07:07 PM:

luvnaturism gave you a great tip/lead about the vortexes in the Sedona area.

I'm wondering how much time you will be spending in Arizona and what other areas you are thinking about visiting; i.e. Grand Canyon, Phoenix, Tucson?

One c/o opportunity, less than 90 miles south of Sedona, is Shangri La Ranch. IMO, it's definitely worth visiting if you have the time.

nifocinphx

Comment

My wife will be in Tucson for business in late August (HOT). I will follow her out later in the week,and then we plan to head to Sedona, and then on to Vegas. We will have a friend visiting us this summer from Austrailia, and she will be traveling with us. I am an avid nudist, and my wife will partisipate when all feels right for her. The friend we are not sure of.

Comment

Also, not far from Sedona (which I whole heartedly agree with every one else that it's absolutely beautiful),is Verde hot springs where nudity is the norm. These are backcountry hotsprings requiring a high clearance vehicle over a 18 mile dirt road, and fording the Verde river on foot.
              I wouldn't advise going it alone the first time but if you run into any folks in your nude travels out there and they offer to take you in, give it some thought. It is a great experience.
              Mr Google has all kinds of info on Verde Hot Springs.
              Enjoy your trip. The sw US is one of the most beautiful places I've lived/visited.

J

Comment

Re: Sedona AZ Vortex?

Lots of skinny-dipping spots and nude hiking trails and roads around Sedona. I have lived here since 2004.

Comment

Working...
                X