Florida Panhandle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Panhandle

I have read about a beach outside of Pensacola that you can go nude (I've forgotten it's name). Has anyone been down there and know what it's like? Two things that concern me that I've read: 1) it's not officially nude and 2) it's pretty much all men. We were thinking about taking a weekend trip down there soon.

I have read about a beach outside of Pensacola that you can go nude (I've forgotten it's name). Has anyone been down there and know what it's like? Two things that concern me that I've read: 1) it's not officially nude and 2) it's pretty much all men. We were thinking about taking a weekend trip down there soon.

Comment

http://funandsun.com/1tocf/beachf/nude.html

Comment

That's what sucks about this whole "nude beach" thing.
        Aside from Haulover and some (most likely) expensive private resorts there is no place where you can feel totally safe from prosecution.
        I just hate how these lists of "places to be bare" are full of Remote places, usually way to far from any motels or other facilities.

"Go to the last parking space, and then walk a mile or so past everything", just doesn't cut it for me.

Or better yet. "Go to one of the uninhabited islands off the shore". How the he!! are people supposed to get to them? Not that many of us can afford to rent a boat every time we want to go to a nude beach.

I really wonder how many of these places are actually safe. The phrase "Nudity is Tolerated" doesn't make me all that comfortable. I want to be able to feel totally safe from prosecution like I do at Haulover.

We need more Legal Nude Beaches!

Anyway... I guess I'll just have to continue to support the only county in florida that has enough sense to set aside a small area for us. That's Dade County. They even supply life guards. Talk about feeling safe.
        When another county is interested in my tourist dollars they know how to get them.

Steve

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Sagacious:

You're probably talking about Navarre Beach . I grew up in the area and used to go nude at Navarre alot. Unfortunately there was a crackdown in the mid 1990's and nude use of the beach was outlawed. Of course there are still some people who brave the risk of arrest and go nude anyway but I personally wouldn't take chances there myself.

Comment

From the link...

Perdido Key Gulf Islands National Seashore Day Use Area, Route 292/Johnson Beach Road, Perdido Key, Pensacola, 850/492-0912.
            You can continue to walk along the beach for 6 miles after the road ends.

...I have heard that Johnson Beach is where some former denizens of Navarre Beach are now going. I haven't been there. I heard this while visiting Sunburst Resort last fall.

Comment

Apollo beach in New Smyrna has a legal nude beach. Go to parking lot 5.

I tried to add a pic of the sign but I could not get it to work.

Comment

I see that for some reason my signature has been left off of the last post.

Korak
                NW AR

Comment

Sagacious, I have heard of a nude beach somewhere in the panhandle, but have never been to one there. However, there is a resort in Milton, Fl, about 20 minutes or so from Pensacola that is a nice place to visit. It isn't Caliente or anything, but it is very relaxing and a nice place to visit. It is called Sunburst Resort. Acutally, our photo that we use for our avatar was taken on the deck at Sunburst Resort. Let us know how everything goes. Here is the link...www.sunburst-rivieraclubs.com

Comment

Hello,
                    A newby here. I googled "navarre beach forum" at this thread was one listing. As I have frequented Johnson Beach often, I thought I would make this post for everyones benefit.

"Navarre Beach" has in years past been "the spot" for naturist enjoyment of the beach.
                    However, it was never official. In recent years the number of people out there increased, so did the complaints from non-naturists.
                    Navarre Beach suffered from easy access to everyone due to the beach road so close to the beach which meant the general public was allways able to access the beach as well.

So anyway, in the summer of 2004, the park service, etc. started to crack down and issue tickets vs warnings.

Many of the Navarre Beach people migrated to the west about 20 miles. To the Johnson Beach portion of the Gulf Islands National Seashore.
                    Johnson Beach is a strip of barrier island about eight miles long. It is accessable by road only from the west end.
                    That leaves six miles of beach un-accessable by road.
                    The area is controlled by the park service. Although not official, nudity is tolerated but there are rules to follow never the less.

Such as no nudity within 1/2 mile of paved roadway on west end.
                    When anyone with clothes approaches, you are to cover yourself. This includes walking down the beach, take a cover with you in case the ranger patrols by on his atv. The rangers don't want you "flaunting about" in front of them or others with colthes on.

Pensacola is a very "holy roller" town, therefore the park service can not designate a nude beach area for political reasons.

I would say the mix of people out there are 60% couples, 40% men.

In Sept. 2004, hurricane Ivan pretty much made the area a flat beach. If you are out there now, you can see someone coming from a mile or more away. Which also means that you can cover way before anyone can tell what you were doing even with a telescope.

The area is six miles long, therefore people tend to space out so far apart that you can't tell if they are naked or not nor male or female.

A lot of people come out via boats. There are several places in the area that will rent boats and jet skis. The more hardy ones will hike in from the west.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Re: Florida Panhandle

Thanks for the "unfortunately old" but great info.

Do you have anything new to offer about the Panhandle? Going there in October, staying in Navarre Beach.

Thanks.

Comment

Go to the two naturist resorts located close to one another in the Florida Panhandle. They are Sunburst and Rivieria. They both share the same web page at;

Comment

I don't know much about them or if they are TNS affiliated, but isn't there the Sunny Bares resort near Panama City as well. for someone that knows of this resort, throw in some info for us all.
                          Nudeinbama

Comment

Hello, surely someone knows some about this resort.:confused:
                            nudeinbama

Comment

Originally posted by Nudeinbama View Post
                              Hello, surely someone knows some about this resort.:confused:
                              nudeinbama
                              You are probably thinking of Bay Bares in the Florida Panhandle, near Panama City. Their website is;

Comment

Working...
                              X