Gray Whale Cove nude use fading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gray Whale Cove nude use fading?

I was at Gray Whale Cove (Devil's Slide) on the 4th of July and again last Friday, and I was very sorry to see a huge decline in nude use. While signs no longer identify this as a clothing optional beach, nude use has been accepted and we generally congregate on the north end. But these last 2 visits, there were only 10 or so of us nude, among 40 or more clothed users on the north end. I realize the beach is for everyone and I don't mind being among a few non-nude users, but I really felt uncomfortable being in the minority. And it seemed especially unnecessary for the clothed users to overtake this north area since it represents only about one third of the beach, and the remaining two thirds had plenty of open space. Is anyone else experiencing this? I would hope that clothesfree members here in the area that already visit Gray Whale Cove keep doing so, and encourage those who haven't been there to give it a try. It's a very beautiful and clean beach and I'd hate to see us lose another great nude recreation spot.
    Wil

I was at Gray Whale Cove (Devil's Slide) on the 4th of July and again last Friday, and I was very sorry to see a huge decline in nude use. While signs no longer identify this as a clothing optional beach, nude use has been accepted and we generally congregate on the north end. But these last 2 visits, there were only 10 or so of us nude, among 40 or more clothed users on the north end. I realize the beach is for everyone and I don't mind being among a few non-nude users, but I really felt uncomfortable being in the minority. And it seemed especially unnecessary for the clothed users to overtake this north area since it represents only about one third of the beach, and the remaining two thirds had plenty of open space. Is anyone else experiencing this? I would hope that clothesfree members here in the area that already visit Gray Whale Cove keep doing so, and encourage those who haven't been there to give it a try. It's a very beautiful and clean beach and I'd hate to see us lose another great nude recreation spot.
    Wil

Comment

That's really a shame. It was our favorite venue when in CA. I think what happened was some storm damage and then a change in vendors.

The old vendors used to police it and run off the lookie-loos. It was my wife's first nude in public experience and it is really a shame that it is no longer what it once was.

What I don't get is why people would make that arduous climb, up and down for a clothed experience when they could run on down to Half-Moon Bay, park and walk over to the beach. Go figure.

I also heard Red, White & Blue was going through some changes.

Comment

Working...
      X