Haulover transport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haulover transport

Will be passing through Miami in a couple of weeks and would like to go to Haulover - likely to be staying in Coral Gables - short of hiring a taxi (which would be very expensive?) how can I get there ?

Will be passing through Miami in a couple of weeks and would like to go to Haulover - likely to be staying in Coral Gables - short of hiring a taxi (which would be very expensive?) how can I get there ?

Comment

You can take a couple of buses from Coral Gables city hall to Haulover and get there in 94 minutes for $2.00.

If you don't mind public transportation, check out the county's Trip Planner.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your visit.

Ozzy

Comment

Thanks

Actually staying nearer the airport so should be OK to go to Miami beach and then north ?

Is public transportation - on these routes at least - OK ?

Finally I wouldn't plan on taking much to the beach, but is its safe to leave things while you go for a swim ?

Comment

If you are very near the Miami International Airport (MIA) you could take a mini van from the airport to Haulover Beach. I took a van located at the street level of the airport to Ocean Palm Motel beside Haulover Beach and I think it cost $17. then.

"SuperShuttle vans transport passengers between MIA and local hotels, the Port of Miami, and even individual residences on a 24-hour basis. At MIA the vans pick up at the ground level of each concourse (look for clerks with yellow shirts, who will flag one down). The company's service area extends from Palm Beach to Monroe County (including the Lower Keys). You can also ride from airport to airport -- between Miami International Airport and Fort Lauderdale International Airport -- for a flat rate of $23. Service from MIA is available around the clock on demand; for the return it's best to make reservations 24 hours in advance, although the firm will try to arrange pickups within Miami-Dade County on as little as four hours' notice. The cost from MIA to downtown hotels runs $9-$13; to the beaches it can be $15-$19 per passenger, depending on how far north you go".

http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/[email protected]&cur_section=tra

Comment

quote:
            Finally I wouldn't plan on taking much to the beach, but is its safe to leave things while you go for a swim ?

There are no guarantees, but hundreds of persons leave their belongings at their beach towel location or beach chair location when they go for a swim. Of course, you would not want to leave anything of much value to tempt a potential thief. Do not leave your passport, expensive watch or over a few dollars unattended. Leave it in your hotel safe.

It would be nice if you got one of the many hotels within walking distance of Haulover Beach. That way you could keep your valables behind in the hotel safe and not have to worry about still posessing your money for fare to get back to your hotel.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by David77:
              If you are very near the Miami International Airport (MIA) you could take a mini van from the airport to Haulover Beach. I took a van located at the street level of the airport to Ocean Palm Motel beside Haulover Beach and I think it cost $17. then.

Vans are going to waste time on both ends, and consider the cost. $17 x 2 = $34, and both drivers are hoping for a tip. That puts you right around $40. I'd just rent a car and travel on my own schedule.

Print off an internet map before you leave home, and you'll be all set. Haulover is easy to find, but it might not be on the maps the rental car companies hand out.

Of course this assumes that our friend from the UK is comfortable about driving on the right side of the road. If not, then the van really is the best suggestion.

Comment

quote:
                Why not just rent a car and travel on your own schedule?

Yeah, and if you do, please drive on the right hand side of the road, and study your street map to know how to get there.
                Also remember to first look left when you cross the street on foot (instead of looking right, as you would in the UK).

Comment

Working...
                X