Lake Como Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Como Questions

I am a 32 year old single male who will be moving to Tampa in August. I am considering visiting and possibly buying a membership at Lake Como. Lake Como seems like a nice relaxing place to kick back and enjoy the Florida weather and do a little studying for a big licensing exam. It seems like Paradise Lakes has more younger people, but I'm not in to what they seem to be known for. My only experience with social nudism to date is a lot of time spent at Haulover when I lived in Miami for a year (Man, do I miss that beach!) I really enjoyed this experience but was not able to get to know anyone there.

Are people at Lake Como generally friendly to singles my age? Are any of you regulars at this resort? I noticed a picture of a few pieces of gym equipment. Is that the only workout equipment there? I might actually work out on a regular basis if it could be followed by a swim or soak in the hot tub. What are the best days and times to meet people my age at the resort? I would like to take part in Lake Como's singles activities.

I know I am asking a lot of questions and I will probably e-mail Lake Como, but I thought I could get a more honest report from people here.

I am a 32 year old single male who will be moving to Tampa in August. I am considering visiting and possibly buying a membership at Lake Como. Lake Como seems like a nice relaxing place to kick back and enjoy the Florida weather and do a little studying for a big licensing exam. It seems like Paradise Lakes has more younger people, but I'm not in to what they seem to be known for. My only experience with social nudism to date is a lot of time spent at Haulover when I lived in Miami for a year (Man, do I miss that beach!) I really enjoyed this experience but was not able to get to know anyone there.

Are people at Lake Como generally friendly to singles my age? Are any of you regulars at this resort? I noticed a picture of a few pieces of gym equipment. Is that the only workout equipment there? I might actually work out on a regular basis if it could be followed by a swim or soak in the hot tub. What are the best days and times to meet people my age at the resort? I would like to take part in Lake Como's singles activities.

I know I am asking a lot of questions and I will probably e-mail Lake Como, but I thought I could get a more honest report from people here.

Comment

I haven't been to Lake Como, but I hear it is indeed better for the pure nudist/family nudist than Paradise Lakes. And yes, some straight talk on the internet can get you some information you might not get directly from the resorts. Sometimes people give a useless, totally politically-correct/safe answer, but others will tell you the real goods and bads about a particular location. Hopefully someone here has been to Lake Como.

I miss Haulover too!

Comment

We have a membership there. It's a great spot. --lots of residents provide more of a local flavor than the other resort oriented venues. There are usually weekly events and gatherings that provide an opportunity to socialize.
        Very laid back and receptive to couples, families and singles.
        Horseshoes, pool, volleyball, pentanque, craft fairs, etc.
        SINGLES WEEKENDS
        JAN 26 - 28 MAY 18 -- 20 SEP 7-- 9
        FRI 5 PM TILL SUN 7 PM

http://www.lakecomoresort.com/

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by brett1993:

Hi Brett

I guess I missed your post or I would have answered it sooner (been busy the past few days)

I've been visiting Lake Como for almost nine years now. I was a full member off and on for much of that time. The people there are some of the friendliest you will meet. I am a single male also and I've always been treated kindly and felt welcome. Like most nudist resorts the majority of members are seniors, but there are some in our age range (I'm 37). I'd say the best time to meet people our age would be the weekends since most people are working weekdays. Special events usually draw a good crowd of all ages.

Como doesn't have the best excercise facilities. In fact I am not sure if they have any at all anymore. What they did have was just a small building with a few excercise machines. For serious excercise you'll probably want to visit Paradise Lakes next door, which has a nice gym. I'm not sure if this is still the case, but Paradise used to sell a special "gym membership" which was very affordable, but only allowed access to the gym and not the rest of the resort facilities.

Maybe when you move down we can meet up at Como along with some other CFF members. I'm always looking for friends in my age group as well.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I would like to meet up with you and any other forum members when I get settled in in Tampa.

Comment

Working...
            X