Is Blacks' Beach still nude?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Blacks' Beach still nude?

I'll be going to San Diego in mid-June and need to know if Blacks' Beach is CO? If not is there anywhere in the area I could go?

I'll be going to San Diego in mid-June and need to know if Blacks' Beach is CO? If not is there anywhere in the area I could go?

Comment

Yes, check out the Black's Beach Bares page for more info and current trip reports.

http://blacksbeach.org/

Clayton

Comment

Thanks for the info. I had heard something that the city was trying to stop nude sunbathing or something like that.

Comment

I think that because of some residential development along the south side of the beach, there is a move to limit nudity away somewhat from the very south end of the beach.

Comment

Black's Beach is actually called Torrey Pines. The southern portion is a Torrey Pines City Beach where nudity is prohibited. The northern portion is Torrey Pines State Beach where nudity is tolerated.

-Mark

Comment

Hmmm?...Nice photo Mark...Never been to Blacks Beach...We are obviously looking north.. is this the City or the State Park.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Got the photo from the Black's Beach website. I assume the photographer is standing on the city beach, and the naked people are on the state beach just behind the line between the two.

-Mark

Comment

Hey, nakedbuckeye...are you an Ohio State grad? Or a fan? I went to OSU, live near Sacramento.

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by nakedbuckeye:
                    [qb] I'll be going to San Diego in mid-June and need to know if Blacks' Beach is CO? If not is there anywhere in the area I could go? [/qb]
                    I've never been there but if the photo from today's main page is any indication of the average conditions then it definitely seems like it's CO. I would definitely not mind visiting a place like that in the picture, what I see in that photo are friendly people framed in a beautiful alcove of nature.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by nakedbuckeye:
                      [qb] Thanks for the info. I had heard something that the city was trying to stop nude sunbathing or something like that. [/qb]
                      A few years ago the city did make their part of the beach textile. Old news.

The part in the state park is still a nude beach.

Comment

Thats what they get for making all those dumb homes over near the beach, that just brings more people and thus makes the city feel the need to make the beach decent so they dont upset anyone. I think its a bunch of crap and I really think its lame that we gotta sit idly by and let these yahoos who run these cities just take away our nude rights one by one just so a bunch of idiotic tourists can come there and dont have to deal with nudity.

Comment

Mike, a lot of people who run for public office at the city and county level run unopposed. It may be hard getting elected that first time, but once you're in, you generally have to really screw up to avoid getting re-elected.

If you live in an area where the government is cracking down on nude bathing, you can take them to court, have public demonstrations, civil disobedience, or get yourself elected to public office and then give the nudists a break. I don't think nearly enough of us nudists are in government calling the shots.

Comment

I just went to BB last month and it was still a c/o legal place.

Comment

There is a bitter-sweet story in Salon today about a journalist's chance meeting of one of her literary heroes at Black's Beach.

The journalist is Suz Redfearn, and the celebrity nudist she met at the beach was the late author, actor, monologist Spalding Gray.

Redfearn erroneously states that Black's Beach is now closed. Of course it is still open, the city half is now textile only, but the northern State owned half is still nude.

-Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X