Arizona or New Mexico this September?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona or New Mexico this September?

One vacation plan fell through, so I'm scrambling for an alternative. I'd like to go nude hiking in a Southwest area. I've narrowed it down to Santa Fe, NM, & Sedona, AZ. Which has plenty of space to hike, without running into other hikers? Which might have nude group hikes? Or do you know any places better than these two?

You are not going to be alone anywhere in Sedona. Even in the summer when it's hot AF there will be people out in the early morning and evenings

Comment

Correct that you will not be alone in Sedona, but you very definitely can find places to go nude. Get away from the most popular trails (usually means more difficult hikes) and away from the Pink Jeep tour routes. Go midweek and early, if you can. Beautiful hiking. I recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Noodfellaz View Post
        You are not going to be alone anywhere in Sedona. Even in the summer when it's hot AF there will be people out in the early morning and evenings
        But what about the hours between morning and evening? I don't mind the heat when nude, because I want that all-over tan. I've grown a pasty white during quarantine. Do you know any spaces, where few or no one goes?

Comment

Originally posted by seanotanline View Post
          Correct that you will not be alone in Sedona, but you very definitely can find places to go nude. Get away from the most popular trails (usually means more difficult hikes) and away from the Pink Jeep tour routes. Go midweek and early, if you can. Beautiful hiking. I recommend it.
          Thanks. I don't mind hiking the extra miles. Where can I find these trails or spaces?

Comment

Mid day can be well over 100 Alltrails.com will tell you what's popular and avoid those trails Check out the Camp Verde area and Flagstaff as well when you look Less popular and not terribly far from Sedona

Comment

Originally posted by Noodfellaz View Post
              Mid day can be well over 100 Alltrails.com will tell you what's popular and avoid those trails Check out the Camp Verde area and Flagstaff as well when you look Less popular and not terribly far from Sedona
              Yes, Flagstaff. This is the Kachina Peaks trail. Very nice hike through Aspen and pine forest. Parked at Arizona Snowbowl and hiked out and back. Saw a few deer, but no people. It was a mid-week day in May a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Sidh View Post

Thanks. I don't mind hiking the extra miles. Where can I find these trails or spaces?
                I have had good luck with several. It kind of depends on the day in terms of how many people are out and your comfort level with possibly being "caught." I can't say I've ever hiked a full trail around Sedona nude, but there are definitely sections where it is possible to strip off for a while. Munds trail to Cowpies to Wagon wheel loop is an option. This one might sound crazy, but if you park at the very popular Bell Rock trailhead and start out on that trail and then take a right (about 1/4 mile in) on the Courthouse Rock trail you will very likely soon lose the crowds. Back side of Courthouse Rock trail. Then about half way through the loop, you will see some trails branching off. Following those on an out and back or piecing together a loop it is possible to be very alone. Nice thing about Arizona is the relative lack of vegetation allows you to see ahead and behind a considerable distance in many places and gives you plenty of time to throw on a pair of shorts when necessary. The Bell Trail (not to be confused with Bell Rock trail) departs from the Wet Beaver Creek trailhead. This is a pretty popular trail and the creek is a bit of a rarity in Arizona in that it flows perennially. But about 2 miles in you will see a (signed) trail called the Apache Maid Trail. It is lightly used, perhaps because it is a good climb up to the Mogollon Rim. But well worth it if you want a chance at hiking nude. Photo is me after gaining the summit of the Apache Maid Trail on a midweek hike in November '20. From here, you can explore abandoned trails for miles and be unlikely to have company. Most people who start out on the Bell Trail are headed to a swimming/diving hole up the creek another couple miles past Apache Maid. So taking the uphill Apache Maid is your ticket away from the crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by seanotanline View Post

I have had good luck with several. It kind of depends on the day in terms of how many people are out and your comfort level with possibly being "caught." I can't say I've ever hiked a full trail around Sedona nude, but there are definitely sections where it is possible to strip off for a while. Munds trail to Cowpies to Wagon wheel loop is an option. This one might sound crazy, but if you park at the very popular Bell Rock trailhead and start out on that trail and then take a right (about 1/4 mile in) on the Courthouse Rock trail you will very likely soon lose the crowds. Back side of Courthouse Rock trail. Then about half way through the loop, you will see some trails branching off. Following those on an out and back or piecing together a loop it is possible to be very alone. Nice thing about Arizona is the relative lack of vegetation allows you to see ahead and behind a considerable distance in many places and gives you plenty of time to throw on a pair of shorts when necessary. The Bell Trail (not to be confused with Bell Rock trail) departs from the Wet Beaver Creek trailhead. This is a pretty popular trail and the creek is a bit of a rarity in Arizona in that it flows perennially. But about 2 miles in you will see a (signed) trail called the Apache Maid Trail. It is lightly used, perhaps because it is a good climb up to the Mogollon Rim. But well worth it if you want a chance at hiking nude. Photo is me after gaining the summit of the Apache Maid Trail on a midweek hike in November '20. From here, you can explore abandoned trails for miles and be unlikely to have company. Most people who start out on the Bell Trail are headed to a swimming/diving hole up the creek another couple miles past Apache Maid. So taking the uphill Apache Maid is your ticket away from the crowds.
                  This! I haven't hiked Bell Trail, I'll have to try that. One thing is for certain, you aren't getting to devils Bridge nekkid LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X