Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should be the photography policy at nudist parks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How 'bout you come out this way and I'll show YOU around!

Good night and thanks for the banter.

Comment

To take pictures at the naturist event are very important. Pictures are a good remember of past event and give other people who can see this pictures that the naturist events are great, wonderful, natural,..

Comment

Originally posted by natfree View Post
        To take pictures at the naturist event are very important. Pictures are a good remember of past event and give other people who can see this pictures that the naturist events are great, wonderful, natural,..
        I would still get permission before taking a picture, even if it's for a memory. It would put their minds as ease. Granted, it would be hard to ask "everyone" in the background, but I would try to position the camera so there wouldn't be too many people in the photo.
        There are some nudists that like to keep their lifestyle private, for obvious reasons i.e., work, family, friends, etc. They could very well take your reasoning to take a picture, as a threat to their "secret". That is why some places forbid taking pictures of any kind.

Comment

https://myalbum.com/photo/hbuqJ3lg64rk/1k0.jpg

naturist events are normal events except people are naked. photos all have their place

Comment

My wife and I were at a "couples-only" venue last summer. The owner told us that taking pictures there was authorized. My wife and I seized on that opportunity and did a photo session; and now we have great nudist pics that commemorate the event and will always be there as a reminder of how much fun we have when we're nude outdoors.

We were discreet about taking pictures, making sure no one else was in the background; and the pictures are very much "PG." I don't see why it can't be the same at all resorts. Resort managers/owners should trust that their attendees are not going to "run amuck" and take pictures indiscriminately.

Comment

Nudonyii: Thanks for your comments. I agree, As far as I am concerned if someone wants to take photos following the procedures you outlined, then more power to them--go for it.

I suspect, however, that the reason for the rules at many places is that some people could not be trusted to follow reasonable procedures, or did not follow them. As a result, one or more people complained and the louder the complaints, the more stringently new rules were enforced.

Dialing the rules back by discussion or agreement by participants that more things might be possible would seem to be the way to go. But, it would seem to be a local decision and discussion held in many different places.

Comment

Back in the early 1970 and 1980s, several Southern California nudist clubs actually had "photo days" as regular events to raise funds for the clubs. I was an avid photographer and attended many of them. The first ones were real "free for all's" and you could photograph anyone with their permission. As time went on they became more structured with specific models, often hired from the membership. All the photographers had to sign an agreement to abide by the rules and the photos could not be sold or published. Photographers could bring their wives/girlfriends and kids if they wanted and were not required to get naked unless they wanted to go in the pool. A good time was had by all and I don't remember there being any problems. As a matter of fact, it was at one of these photo days at Olive Dell Ranch that I had my first "personal exposure". I was with my wife and a photographer buddy and we were done taking pictures. My wife was sunbathing on the deck in a bikini and my buddy and I went an sat down beside her. The pool was really packed and it was really hot. My wife took off her swimsuit and headed for the pool. Almost immediately, my buddy was naked and right behind her. Not wanting to be the odd man out, I stripped off and followed them in. After that, I was hooked on nudism and have been ever since. I feel that the more people see of nudist gatherings, events and venues, the more mainstream nudism will become. These days, people take pictures of every where they go and everything they do, and enjoyment of being naked among others should be no exception. When discussing social nudism with others, I often show the group club photo I took at Olive Dell Ranch in the mid 90s (see below) to show people that they don't have to worry about the shape their in and it really helps to dispel any misconceptions.Click image for larger version  Name:	Scan.bmp-004.JPG Views:	0 Size:	657.3 KB ID:	550332

Comment

That is a great picture of people who appear to be enjoying themselves. I agree that it would be helpful for some of those with apprehensions about nudity for them to see that nudists come in all shapes and forms and that it does not make any difference. Moreover, a big reservation about photography in nudist situations is the concern that many people have that someone they know may see a photo of them being nude and that that might lead to embarrassment or bad publicity. We can perhaps hope that the increasing numbers of nude photos circulating and less notice being paid to them may ease some of those concerns. We probably have a long way to go, however, to achieve that goal.

Comment

Working...
                  X