Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ercNY:
    AS FAR AS THE PICTURES IN QUESTION:

There was a discussion on some pictures from "Burning Man" where a person was nude wearing a dog collar and another appeared to be holding a whip. These were just costumes and not any erotic content other than the costumes. Anyone familiar with burning man knows that many walk around in all sorts of costumes, paint etc.
    Having a man bound in leather, chained and on a leash isn't erotic? To some people it is. I wouldn't call it "wholesome".

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime Herazo B.:
      [URL=httpXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX] URL edited by Moderator "NG" due to sexual sub links]
      Basically is an acronym of BonDage & SadoMasochism.

For the record, i haven't ever seen anything even remotely resembling BDSM on this site since i'm a member, or the mentioned picture and the extensive discussion (been looking for both the last 20 minutes, and failed). Cyndiann, please post a direct link next time instead of an indirect implication, it saves time for those of us that usually fall behind on their forum reading
      Posting a direct link to it would be against the TOS.

Comment

Cyndiannaked,

A direct or sub link to sexually explicit web site violates the CFI Terms of Service for this forum, and the reason it was edited out.

Comment

Sorry, since it was on the widely popular wikipedia i didn't think it'd be considered objectionable, i just thought it'd expand on the topic far more than what i'd do (and save me some typing time ) Thanks for removing it then, will have it in mind next time.

Comment

Congratulations,Corky and good luck with the new structure.

Thank you for giving all of us the opportunity to particapate on this message board.

Comment

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This lengthy post appeared on the "Rec.Nude" newsgroup shortly before appearing here. Cyndiann is not the author; the original author goes by the name Jenny6833A.

Originally posted by Cyndiannaked:
              quote:
              Originally posted by Corky:
              ClothesFree.com is now a corporation as of January 1, 2006.

Along with this, we have changed our name from The International Naturists Association (INA) to ClothesFree International, Inc. We are also known as ClothesFree, Inc., ClothesFree.com, ClothesFree TV, CFTV and CFI. We have opened offices in southern California as well as northern California.

The new name and graphics will take effect in a few days.

There are many reasons for the name change. First, it goes along with the web address: ClothesFree.com. We are first and foremost a video production company that produces a weekly show about nudist events, news and happenings all over the world for nudists by nudists. Plus, we noticed there was confusion with the name being so close to The International Naturist Federation, located in Belgium. We are concentrating on what we do best, and that is our photographic, internet and video production skills. Through this media we will both entertain and educate the public about wholesome naturism.
              Great choice! Now your name matches what you are. You were never really an international nudist association.

Some people don't like being labeled.

Just like a person who periodically works in their garden might not want to be labeled a "gardener", the words "Clothes Free" doesn't label the person as does the word "nudist" or “naturist”. "Clothes Free" is catching on as the new friendly replacement to "nudist". Many resorts are now calling themselves clothes free resorts instead of nudist resorts.
              Which ones?

The words "Clothes Free" points at the clothes that are gone, instead of pointing at, or labeling the person.

As always, we fully support and belong to great organizations like the Naturist Society, the American Association for Nude Recreation, Federation of Canadian Naturists, and the International Naturist Federation.

Along with the name change we are looking at the future of nudism.

A poll on cheef.com shows most nudists think swingers and others seeking sex is the biggest threat to nudism.
              Since when is cheef.com an independent, neutral, and
              unbiased source? Since when is the readership of cheef.com
              representative of nudism? I have known Cheef many years and like him but his site is hardly unbiased.

We have seen nudism attacked a lot lately.
              Not really. The rate is about the same it has been.

For instance, Virginia's House Bill 158 passed banning nudist camps for teens.
              It's still being litigated actually. Are you doing anything to help?

Naturally California's battle with anti-nudist activist James Hartline caused some of their great events to be cancelled.
              There was no battle. The club owner caved, AANR did nothing to help,
              and neither did anything to prevent more of the same.

Congressman Mark Foley attacked nudism because he believed nudity is about sex and allowing teens to run around naked will only inflame passions. He would rather they be covered up and ashamed of their bodies than to have a way to learn to be comfortable with who they and others are.
              And that ended in no legislation being passed because the nudists in Florida did do battle and won!

When nudism is attacked, the fear of sexual activity is usually the reason.
              Do you have proof of that? I'd also suggest that, even in cases
              where fear of sex is the *claimed* motivation, it doesn't work nearly
              as well as it used to -- certainly not when nudists decline to wimp
              out.

Why give the enemies of nudism any more fuel to fight us? If the "nude equals sex" idea is the biggest threat,
              But is it the biggest threat? I think it's debatable.

shouldn’t we not allow swinger and sexual activities of any kind at family nudist resorts and beaches?
              Public sexual activities are already prohibited at beaches
              and family nudist resorts. Private sexual activities cannot be stopped without
              installing 24-hour video cameras inside every motel room, RV, and tent
              -- which would itself be illegal and would result in more lawsuits.

The only kind of nudism that will catch on with the average family or middle America isn't sexual at all.
              I don't know if that is true either. I see clubs like Paradise Lakes and Hedo doing a great amount of business. Do you have any proof of what you said?

Nudists enjoy sexuality as much as anyone but should we cater to those who would sexualize nudism? It might make more money for some clubs but it can destroy us starting at the very core of our philosophy.
              What is that philosophy? Who defined it? What proof do you have that it can destroy us?

In order for nudism to really grow and gain acceptance in the long run, we need to keep it wholesome at all costs.
              Are you saying it isn't? Please define what you mean by "wholesome."

Some say adults deserve the right to have places for "adult" activities. But should this be at the expense of nudist families and be at family nudist resorts?
              Once again, the distinction between public and private is missing.
              That's dishonest. I've not seen anything that proves any "adult" activities have hurt nudist families and you haven't defined what you mean. It could be only sexy clothing worn at a dance or it could be public sex.

When sexual activity of any kind happens at a nude beach or a resort, the public eye uses that to attack us. By allowing sexual activities, the public will think it is an "adults only" thing, when in fact; it is a safe, wholesome atmosphere for the whole family that allows everyone learns respect and have more self esteem.
              More baloney! First we have "sexual activity of any kind" which is a
              rather broad and thoroughly undefined term. WTF does it mean? Second,
              once again, nude beaches are public places which typically do NOT have
              private accommodations: sexual activity, as defined by law, is already
              illegal in public places. Third, PUBLIC sexual activity, reasonably
              defined, is already prohibited at AANR/TNS-accredited nudist resorts.
              Fourth, if anyone thinks that PRIVATE sexual activity can be or should
              be prohibited at nudist resorts or anywhere else, that someone is
              raving nuts.

If you think that some accredited nudist resorts aren't what
              AANR/TNS claims they are, go joust with AANR/TNS. If you think
              that some clothing-optional beaches lack adequate law enforcement, form
              a "Friends of ..." organization at each such beach, and demand
              additional police presence.

We need to tackle another problem that seems to come from within. We need to stay united.
              Who is we? United in support of what? Are you suggesting that
              everyone must agree with you? Or, is it you who is out-of-step?

It is necessary that we keep strong in numbers. We all may not agree on every nudist philosophy but we must not let that divide us. Friction among ourselves will hurt us all in gaining respect and credibility with the population at large. So let's all unite. Please help, not harp.
              But what you wrote divides us. Unite in support of what? Are we all to do everything your way?

Our society is obsessed with hiding the "indecent" body.
              That statement flatly contradicts your previous theme. First you
              claimed that the problem is society equating nudity with sex. If, as
              you NOW claim, our society is unalterably opposed to _mere_ nudity,
              then your rant about sexual activity is irrelevant.

Together we can fight that. It is such a worthy cause.
              You really haven't said what your cause is in any detail or shown that it's needed.

Cyndiann,

I don't know who Jenny6833A is, but she talks just like Cyndiann, demanding "proof" of everything. I think it might just another alias.

But I will address each of the points she has here:

I know many people who don't like the words nudist or naturist as it labels them, but I am not going to list their names here.

I never said cheef.com is an independent, neutral, and unbiased source? He has a poll that people voted, nothing more. It is a respected voice out there.

Yes, I personally have seen nudism attacked a lot lately, maybe not more, but a lot lately.

Yes, Virginia's House Bill 158 is still being litigated. I personally paid for the plane tickets for many people to go 2,500 miles to Virginia to help fight this. Corey talked personally to John Reid, author of the bill, and presented a speech to the Senate. I wish we could have done more. See show #52 and 53. What did you do?

Yes, there was a battle between Naturally California and anti-nudist activist James Hartline. We were there and saw it firsthand. See show #95. I talked personally to the owner Brian Spence and attended the events that got cancelled. He did not cave in. AANR did help. Both events called him to cancel.

Yes, when nudism is attacked, the fear of sexual activity is usually the reason. I am a second generation nudist. I visited Glen Eden when I was twelve. I have seen it first hand all my life and in this business. That is "proof" to me.

I am not ever out to fight private sexual activities.

The philosophy I talk about is simply my beliefs and opinions. How do I "prove" it.

I define "wholesome" as behavior that usually is acceptable at most family gatherings, or maybe church picnics. Other than the dress code. All things good. Of course, hard to define.

I am talking public AND private. Nothing dishonest. I have seen first hand people who will not attend a nude place because they feel it is too sexual for their family to attend.

I am not suggesting everyone agree with me. I am just giving my thoughts and ideas. If you disagree, that is your right and I respect it. I have a right to express my thoughts. Join us only if you want.

Our cause is to help promote nude recreation through education, our site gets over 100,000 visitors a day and we have heard from many people who have told us that we have changed their lives and they thank us for what we do. We hope to do a lot more.

Let's be team players and get work towards our common goals!

Comment

quote:
                AS FAR AS THE PICTURES IN QUESTION:

There was a discussion on some pictures from "Burning Man" where a person was nude wearing a dog collar and another appeared to be holding a whip. These were just costumes and not any erotic content other than the costumes. Anyone familiar with burning man knows that many walk around in all sorts of costumes, paint etc.
                Having a man bound in leather, chained and on a leash isn't erotic? To some people it is. I wouldn't call it "wholesome".

Okay, Cyndiann, I will take down that photo. Thank you for pointing that out. I wouldn't call it wholesome either. It is hard to be wholesome all the time, but it is the goal.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedGary:
                  Cyndiannaked,

A direct or sub link to sexually explicit web site violates the CFI Terms of Service for this forum, and the reason it was edited out.
                  Gary, that is exactly what I said right above your post. Are all the mods on drugs tonight?

Comment

Gary, that is exactly what I said right above your post. Are all the mods on drugs tonight?

Nope....no dope here Got any to share Cynd

I think "ol gary misunderstood your post.

Comment

Yes, when nudism is attacked, the fear of sexual activity is usually the reason. I am a second generation nudist. I visited Glen Eden when I was twelve. I have seen it first hand all my life and in this business. That is "proof" to me.

The philosophy I talk about is simply my beliefs and opinions. How do I "prove" it.

If it's just your beliefs why are you stating it as if it's factual? You mentioned a personal experience that caused you to believe this way. One experience or even several doesn't mean it's factual for all nudists all the time. You need to reword that to reflect that it's only an opinion and not a factual statement about nudism. (like saying "I feel")

Most people who are "afraid" of nudism have no idea what goes on inside. It isn't about the sexuality, it's about wrong impressions. It's about a lack of education. Barring any hint of sensuality from nudism isn't the answer. It's how to ignore the real problem.

Isn't "wholesome" activities already what is the norm at our clubs? Just what are you fighting? If you can't prove it exists why are you claiming it does?

But many of our goals aren't common at all. All nudists have in common is the nudity. Past that we have as many opinions and beliefs as anyone else does. For instance you want to create your version of nudism based on one website's view of it, and an extremely conservative view at that. It's not what the average nudist would want and it's not reality.

Clubs are becoming more and more loose with their rules, allowing genital piercings, alcohol, clubwear at the dances and such and they do that because their customers want it.

Comment

quote:

Nope....no dope here Got any to share Cynd

I think "ol gary misunderstood your post.

Oh, ok, only Gary is on drugs tonight huh?

Comment

NOOOO thats not what I said

Comment

I don't know who Jenny6833A is, but she talks just like Cyndiann, demanding "proof" of everything. I think it might just another alias.

Corky, I'm not sure what you mean by another alias. The only time I've switched names here is when the last one was eliminated when you had no clue what was going on.

Jenny has been a part of rec.nude forever, longer than even I've been on there. She's very well known.

Of course she (and I) want proof. You posted things you can't prove and probably shouldn't have posted to begin with. At least backtrack and rewrite it to reflect that they were only opinions. You wrote them as if they were facts.

How can you decide what nudists want when you don't know who we are and what we want?

Comment

quote:

If it's just your beliefs why are you stating it as if it's factual? You mentioned a personal experience that caused you to believe this way. One experience or even several doesn't mean it's factual for all nudists all the time. You need to reword that to reflect that it's only an opinion and not a factual statement about nudism. (like saying "I feel")

Most people who are "afraid" of nudism have no idea what goes on inside. It isn't about the sexuality, it's about wrong impressions. It's about a lack of education. Barring any hint of sensuality from nudism isn't the answer. It's how to ignore the real problem.

Isn't "wholesome" activities already what is the norm at our clubs? Just what are you fighting? If you can't prove it exists why are you claiming it does?

But many of our goals aren't common at all. All nudists have in common is the nudity. Past that we have as many opinions and beliefs as anyone else does. For instance you want to create your version of nudism based on one website's view of it, and an extremely conservative view at that. It's not what the average nudist would want and it's not reality.

Clubs are becoming more and more loose with their rules, allowing genital piercings, alcohol, clubwear at the dances and such and they do that because their customers want it.

My beliefs are factual to me because I have seen it first hand. I never said it's factual for all nudists all the time.

I have met many people who are afraid of nudism and think it is sexual to some extent and are scared that that might not be appropriate for them or their family.

I would assume our common goal between you and me is the greater acceptance of nudity. Together let's consentrate on that, and less on philosophies. Realities can come true.

Becoming more loose with the rules may not be the way to reach interested families. Just because "Customers want it" is not good enough unless it is ONLY about money. Customers want porn on the net too, but we won't offer it.

Anyway, thanks for the input and have fun!

Comment

How can you decide what nudists want when you don't know who we are and what we want?
                                I have never met you or her. I know what other nudists want without having met you. There are other nudists I know, and some I have known since birth.

Comment

Working...
                                X