Eve->Groupee! Food for thought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eve->Groupee! Food for thought?

I may have missed a thread here which discusses this already, but the old forum had 'eve' as part of the URI address, where the new one has 'groupee'. I really don't like this, as the latter (new) word seems, to me, to imply 'groupie', which is synonymous with 'swingers', and not naturist friendly at all.

I don't wish to be prudish here, maybe I can't avoid it (?), but if anyone who did not know the clothesfree web site from personal experience saw a URI of the (paraphrased) form:

'clothes-free-groupie'

I suspect I know what their reaction would be.

Rich.

I may have missed a thread here which discusses this already, but the old forum had 'eve' as part of the URI address, where the new one has 'groupee'. I really don't like this, as the latter (new) word seems, to me, to imply 'groupie', which is synonymous with 'swingers', and not naturist friendly at all.

I don't wish to be prudish here, maybe I can't avoid it (?), but if anyone who did not know the clothesfree web site from personal experience saw a URI of the (paraphrased) form:

'clothes-free-groupie'

I suspect I know what their reaction would be.

Rich.

Comment

huh?

Comment

Rich means URL, yes it has changed. The reason is that the company behind the CFF community service software (which it also licences to other companies) has changed name from Infopop to Groupee. The previous version of the sw was called "Eve" (hence that name in the URL), and now it is called groupee, like it or not.

(NB, I have not the least affiliation with this company!!)

Comment

Definition: group·ie
          Pronunciation: 'grü-pE
          Function: noun
          1 : a fan of a rock group who usually follows the group around on concert tours
          2 : an admirer of a celebrity who attends as many of his or her public appearances as possible.

I don't see swinging here in the difinition. Here is their main website: http://www.groupee.com

Anyone who thinks Clothesfree is about swinging because they use Groupee for their forums is pretty dumb. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Perhaps "groupie" is associated with swinging in other parts of the world, if not America. This is an International site, after all.

But you're right, considering Groupee and groupie to be the same word is stretching it too far; they are totally different words! However, Groupee makes me think of a "gang urination!"

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by missouriboy:
              But you're right, considering Groupee and groupie to be the same word is stretching it too far; they are totally different words!

I'm not considering they are the same word at all, I was merely conjecturing that other people on the planet may infer the same meaning to 2 similar words, and be somewhat confused. The Germans (for example) almost never engage in word-play, but the English do it all the time:

"Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe..." does not mean Charles Dodgson was confused about his vocabulary.

I thought 'eve' was a superb URI component for a clothesfreeforum, I don't think 'groupee' quite compares, for the reasons stated above.

quote:
              Originally posted by missouriboy:However, Groupee makes me think of a "gang urination!"

Thought for the day: never eat yellow snow!

;-)

Rich.

Comment

I'm kinda siding with richinud on this one.

Yeah I agree confusing the word groupee with groupie is pretty dumb, and the word groupie doesn't imply swinging in all parts of the world. However, I wouldn't mind beating a lot of people considering nudism now days will research it on the net first and in particular, sites like this one.

Being that first impressions are highly influential and that most "textiles" have trouble detaching nudity from sex, entering a nudist site for the first time and seeing the word groupee could just be too high a hurdle to attempt so early on.

It would be a pity if an inquisitve but concerned potential nudist became turned off the lifestyle by a simple misunderstanding during the inital research period.

Comment

Working...
                X