Microsoft Internet Explorer Final Distribution Version 7 Ready for Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Internet Explorer Final Distribution Version 7 Ready for Download

To make your windows CFF/CFI experience faster, smoother and more secure Download the latest internet browser released today

Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 7
    Release # 7.0.5730.11

The links below will take you to the download site for download, and installation, saving all your old settings.

Link to Microsoft for: "Microsoft Internet Explorer Final Distribution Version 7 Ready for Download"

Link to Microsoft/Windows/Internet Explorer/Version 7 Tour and Features

To make your windows CFF/CFI experience faster, smoother and more secure Download the latest internet browser released today

Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 7
    Release # 7.0.5730.11

The links below will take you to the download site for download, and installation, saving all your old settings.

Link to Microsoft for: "Microsoft Internet Explorer Final Distribution Version 7 Ready for Download"

Link to Microsoft/Windows/Internet Explorer/Version 7 Tour and Features

Comment

Thanks Gary
      Nudeinbama

Comment

I just downloaded this yesterday. It seems like it will be alright once I figure everything out.

Comment

Important note:

Minimum Requirements
          Computer/Processor Computer with a 233MHz processor or higher (Pentium processor recommended) (welcome to 1997)
          Operating System Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)
          Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
          Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
          Memory For Internet Explorer 7:
          Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) - 87 MB
          Windows XP Professional x64 Edition - 168 MB
          Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) - 87 MB
          Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 ia64 - 218 MB
          (welcome to 2004-ish+)
          Drive CD-ROM drive (if installation is done from a CD-ROM) (ok)
          Display Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution monitor with 256 colors (ok)
          Peripherals Modem or Internet connection; Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse, or compatible pointing device (ok)

I was one of many professionals who held off on XP in a work environment.
          Some software we run at work still requires win2K. I have a machine at home that is fine with win2K and doesn't present an otherwise compelling reason to upgrade. Which means, I can't use the new IE.
          I can't tell you how many people are still running Win98 or 98SE and ask for tech support, or "should I buy a new machine?"

A good rule of thumb, though. Microsoft usually Beta-tets the heck out of stuff. BUT the usually end up releasing the first service pack not too long after lots of people begin using it. Real life catches more "oops" than Beta testing can. Depending on your peronal comfort factor, that could push your decision either way.

Joe

Comment

I downloaded this programme a few months ago and had nothing but trouble with it so went back to the previous version. However, they now seem to have sorted the glitches out, hopefully, and it seems to work well for me now.

Comment

Why not using Mozilla-Firefox.
              I am using it for 2 years now.
              Also less danger for virusses to.

Comment

Sorry i forgot the link
                http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/?flang=en-US

Comment

Link to: MS Tip Talk Page

5 reasons to download IE 7

I don't condone downloading and installing random programs just to try them. That's a great way to expose your computer to security threats and performance issues--not to mentions filling your computer with junk. But if something helps you get things done and improves your computing experience, then it's time to download. That said, I highly recommend downloading and installing Internet Explorer 7. I've used IE7 for about two months. It's great. I had some problems when I started; for example, I couldn't log into my online banking site. But those problems have been resolved.

Several people--including me--have written about IE7 and some of the reasons to use it. I've included links to some these articles at the bottom of this article. In addition, here a couple of the things I have liked about IE7 so far.

1. It's cool. Let's face it, IE6 looked dated compared to other browsers. But take a look at IE7. With Tabbed browsing, RSS Feeds, and an instant search box, IE7 has a new look that also improves your browsing experience.

2. Stay more secure. A new IE7 architecture and improved security tools will help protect you against malicious software. For example, a phishing filter proactively warns you against potential or known fraudulent sites and blocks the site if appropriate. In addition, you can download Windows Defender Beta 2 to help prevent spyware from getting on your computer.

3. Save paper. The new printing features automatically shrinks text so that the Web page fits onto your final printed page. It's one of my favorite features in IE7.

4. Use new add-ons. There are several IE7 add-ons that can improve your browsing experience. Again, I don't condone downloading programs just to try them, but some of these are helpful.

5. Tabbed browsing. I've liked the tabbed browsing since I started using IE7, but after 2 months of use I'm hooked. The tabs save me time and limit the number the windows I have open. And I know, other browsers have had this for a while.

Here are some additional IE7 articles that are helpful and that I suggest reading.

5 ways Internet Explorer 7 helps you get more done: [Links on above hyperlink]

Top 3 features in IE7 Beta 2
                  Making Microsoft IE7 your own: The basics
                  IE7 Toolbar: It's your option
                  RSS—a whole new way to communicate

—Jason Kozleski

Published Monday, October 23, 2006 4:55 PM by ahawblog

Comment

Try this one :
                    http://ie7.com

LOL

Comment

I tried it but couldn't customize it to get rid of all the toolbars covering the top of the page.
                      IE-6 let me have much more screen space. It only has one toolbar. Not 3. I have seen othe rpeople browsing with 3,4, or 5 toolbas. I don't have a clue why, when most options could be hidden, giving more screen space.

I uninstalled it hoping for a better version. I also use FF.

Comment

Working...
                      X