X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notification of Modified or Deleted Posts

Comment

Thanks fire....

Looking forward to the results. I am gone for the weekend going to P&C's I'll check back on Sunday

Comment

Have a great time, give them a hug for us!

A & D

Comment

I voted PM only. I think the poster should be informed of the error (perceived or otherwise). I don't think it should be broadcast to everyone. Enquiring minds may want to know, but it isn't their business. If they want to know, they can PM the poster themselves.

Time and again "personal" business between the moderators and a poster have been brought out to the public forum only to cause arguments and ill-feelings between other posters. The arguments do nothing to heal things or to change the moderators minds.

Just think if you are verbally attacked in public, how would you react? Even if you did not respond verbally to the attacker, you would not feel appreciative towards the attacker. You would feel ill will toward the attacker and ANYONE that joined in on the side of the attacker.

Comment

Great post shaybare! I agree with it all.

I've even seen topics started about people who were banned and had no chance to respond to the posts and that was totally out of line.

Comment

The PM/thread option gives moderators a choice of responses. "Borderline" posts might be best addressed in open forum guiding others in their submissions. Posts "deserving" of immediate removal can be replaced with an insertion indicating the poster's name along with a comment as to why the post was deleted with perhaps a PM to the poster with specific warnings.

Having said that, and understanding this is a privately owned website, I remain uneasy with censure,
              especially when it is based upon the same irrational, superstitious, myth-based nonsense which the opponents of nudity cite as "reason".
              b.l.
              (keep up the good work Cyndiann, there may still be hope for rational discourse on this clothes"free"
              site). See you at the Falls Corky.

Comment

Some form of notification would be nice along with an explanation of what the problems are with what was posted. I have asked for this before and I got nowhere.

Comment

It would be a good thing to know the reasoning someone's posts have been altered.

I have noticed posts before being altered and wondered why they were altered later and I have seen posts I thought should have been altered that have not been.

Comment

quote:
                    We've seen this happen many times, posts from members are either modified or deleted but the posters are not always notified why their post was modified or delete.

I'd say "many times" is a bit of an exaggeration.

However the TOS is quite clear that the CFI staff and moderators may edit or delete posts if they deem it prudent, without need for explanation. It isn't done carelessly or on personal whim, however.

quote:
                    Originally posted by ercNY:
                    Thanks fire....
                    Looking forward to the results.

As am I. Will be interesting, even tho the poll is a bit flawed in its reasoning. People are already typically informed as to why their posts were edited or deleted, unless they are obvious trolls, post obscene/inapproprate links & images or register a new account under suspiscious circumstances.

I'd also like to point out that it was my policy for some time to put a note in a post that had been edited, explaining the reason. There were complaints that this was improper and the practice weas ceased.

quote:
                    I am gone for the weekend going to P&C's I'll check back on Sunday

I will be away a bit as well but will still check in from time to time - to delete posts and ban people at my evil, maniacal whim, of course.

Comment

I think a PM is suitable.

The TOS option does not always work because there will always be some grey areas.

Comment

PM only, especially for the less frequent posters like myself. It would help educate us in these matters.HG

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by FireProf:
                          This poll is a spin off of another topic. We've seen this happen many times, posts from members are either modified or deleted but the posters are not always notified why their post was modified or delete.

One member has brought up a very good point, shouldn't the CFI moderators and Administrator contact that person either via PM or within the thread and briefly explain why his/her post was modified?
                          yes the moderators should notify the poster as to why their post was deleted but not for everyone to see. less embarrising that way.

Comment

I also agree on the PM. At least it gives the moderators a chance to 'talk' privately without the rest knowing, as it should be.

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by PascoDoug:
                              I will be away a bit as well but will still check in from time to time - to delete posts and ban people at my evil, maniacal whim, of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X