Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moderators moving threads to different topics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderators moving threads to different topics?

On other boards, I notice moderators routinely moving off-topic posts to different threads. I am trying to decide if I like that idea. On the one hand, it would eliminate some of the chaos that exists on this board now. On the other hand, it might make it difficult for a new poster to find the post they just made. AOL (back in the early 90's) used to rearrange their forums every couple weeks and it was almost impossible to find the earlier topics you had posted. But this forum is much smaller and that might not be such a problem.

What does everyone else think?

On other boards, I notice moderators routinely moving off-topic posts to different threads. I am trying to decide if I like that idea. On the one hand, it would eliminate some of the chaos that exists on this board now. On the other hand, it might make it difficult for a new poster to find the post they just made. AOL (back in the early 90's) used to rearrange their forums every couple weeks and it was almost impossible to find the earlier topics you had posted. But this forum is much smaller and that might not be such a problem.

What does everyone else think?

Comment

I think the posts need to be rearranged and combined at times. When we have 6 different threads on the same subject, why not combine them into one thread, and then let everyone know it's been done? Or delete the old posts to which no one is replying when a new post on the same subject is started. Just my 1 and a half cents worth.

Comment

Every day these forums seem to get more chaotic. I am willing to offer any assistance I can provide in moving posts around. I know the site owners don't know me from the man in the moon, but I just thought I would offer my services in case they are needed.

Comment

I'm working on this right now!!! I'm moving many of the news related topics to our new Nudes in the News Forum!

Comment

Working...
          X