This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about posts

Is there a way to stop someone from posting on threads/topics?

quote:
    Originally posted by Christian:
    Is there a way to stop someone from posting on threads/topics?
    Lots of people have had the IP's blocked.

Comment

'Splain please... :-)

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by Christian:
        'Splain please... :-)

Look Lucy,

There have been some posters that have lost their welcome here. In those cases the moderators have locked out their IP addresses so that they can't continue to post. Some of them, like a certain Kirk from Ontario, have made numerous attempts to get back in with different screen names but the mods always re-boot the offender.

I hope that 'splains it to ya Lucy. If somebody is giving you a hard time here and you want them banned you really need to speak to a moderator. ERC and UNWIRED are both hall monitors that patrol CFF.

Ricky Ricardo

Comment

In the ultimate sense, we truly cannot stop someone from creating a new account from available IPs. If someone wanted to go to a public library or cyber cafe and use public computers to log in to the site, we would have a hard time blocking their IPs as they would constantly change.

However, most people do have an online personality that is reflected in their writing. In that sense, it is possible recognize anyone who has already been banned.

If you need some help with someone who is giving you a problem, please contact me or any of the other moderators.

Bob S.

Comment

I know of who you are talking about and the answer is "NO!"

This person was at one time..."banned for life!" Not sure what "for life" means to you but to me it means........you can't come back ever again.

Guess what, there is a thing called CFF reincarnation, cuz this person came back to life here on these very forums!

As far as I know, there's only been one person banned for life that was banned unprofessionally and unjustifiably....CFF reincarnation didn't work on that person!

Comment

and that person was a nudist,unlike the one you may be talking about....

Comment

Working...
              X