Private Message E-Mail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Message E-Mail?

I know this forum has a feature that sends you an e-mail when you've received a private message. My profile has that little box checked. But I never receive an e-mail when I get a message. I've checked my e-mail address to make sure it's correct, but nothing comes through. Does anyone else have this problem or is there something wrong on my end?

Melissa

I know this forum has a feature that sends you an e-mail when you've received a private message. My profile has that little box checked. But I never receive an e-mail when I get a message. I've checked my e-mail address to make sure it's correct, but nothing comes through. Does anyone else have this problem or is there something wrong on my end?

Melissa

Comment

Sorry Melissa,

I just checked my profile and I have the other box checked that doesn't allow moderators or admin to send us e-mails.

Sorry I couldn't help. Have a good afternoon anyway.

Comment

hey melissa i sent you a private message yesterday and recieved a reply. i just sent another message as a test to make sure everything is o.k.
        this all i know to do. good luck on problem.
        stay nude and stay happy. pahjo2

Comment

Yes, Melissa, mine is exactly the same way, with exactly the same issue. It used to work for me, a long time ago, but hasn't in recent times.

Comment

pahjo- I receive private messages, but I don't receive an e-mail telling me that I got one. It would be helpful to know when I have one so that I check it. The active topics page is bookmarked, so I don't see the flashing 'new private message' thing on my main page. If the e-mail notification doesn't work, maybe we could put the new message thing on top of the active topics page. That would work.

Melissa

Comment

Yes, I agree. I only see my private messages by accident, if I happen to be in my profile page. An e-mail notification would be nice.
              --s

Comment

Don't you get a notice in the bar where it says "Hello,(your name here)[log out]"? I beleive that's where you should look. You shouldn't have to go to your profile page.

Comment

I do get that, but only at the top of some pages. It's not at the top of the active topic page, which is the one I've bookmarked. I often forget to scroll up once I click on a topic (the private message thing is on those pages) so private messages may not get to me very quickly. If the flashing private message bar were on top of the active topic page or if the e-mail feature were working I'd be in business. As things are, I'll just have to train myself to look up top for messages! LOL

Melissa

Comment

Got a private message and an email notification. Have no idea how I got it that way but it is.

Comment

I think they fixed it 2 days ago. I'm so happy. Thanks for fixing this!

Melissa

Comment

does anyone have this problem-- i cannot get some fourm pages to come up just this page cannot be displayed crap. it makes it makes it so i forget where i was at on what topic etc.
                        this happens with "the fun of nude rec" most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                        X