Suggestion: A permanent & separate technology/software/computer subject

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: A permanent & separate technology/software/computer subject

Would it be feasible or worthwhile to establish a permanent, specific, and free standing subject (similar to Misc, Relgion, Non-Commercial, etc.) where memebers could ask quesrions and exchange information about software, freeware, solutions to problems, provide reviews of brands and software, etc., etc. ?

Some memebrs are no doubt very knowleable while others are merely semi-skilled users.

Would it be feasible or worthwhile to establish a permanent, specific, and free standing subject (similar to Misc, Relgion, Non-Commercial, etc.) where memebers could ask quesrions and exchange information about software, freeware, solutions to problems, provide reviews of brands and software, etc., etc. ?

Some memebrs are no doubt very knowleable while others are merely semi-skilled users.

Comment

aren't there zillions of other websites/forums for such (non-nudism) questions/problems/topics????

Comment

usmc1:
        I think this is a fantastic idea.

We are all learning.
        Something one person knows could be very helpful to the next person.

Learning something new in this topic would be an added bonus as we participate in the other clothes free discussions.

Comment

Maybe it could be for computer stuff in regard to something nudism related? For instance people might want to know where/how to build a personal nudist homepage, where/how to host a full-fledged nudist website, etc..

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Naturist4Ever:
            aren't there zillions of other websites/forums for such (non-nudism) questions/problems/topics????

Yes there are. Maybe even a gazillion googles of them, but, acutally that can be a problem.

For instance, say you were searching for freeware to use to edit photos. When you "google" or "ask" search the topic you're taken to a list of sites, each site touts several different programs. Each program offers diferent and/or similar features.

Here, you could post a query to members and perhaps get a response from someone who has actually used and can recommend a program and is available for follow-up questions.

And, I do not think the "TOPIC" has to have a purely nudist connection, the fact that it provides a service for nudists at a nudist forum suffices in that.

Right now such a question would certainly be appropriate in Open Conversation, but would get lost.

Admin? Any thoughts to add?

Comment

Just today I am so angry to Compaq. I got their laptop with an LAN card incoorporated in motherboard but it tells no driver for "other devices, ethernet driver". The same time computer is unable to identify what a driver it needs - just no name for this hardware, but all driver databases needs a name for fhat to search. At the Compaq site them has only drivers for NIC devices or for modem drivers. How I can know, is it a modem or is it a NIC? Okay, I checked both - no reaction, comuter still is unable to work via LAN. Deinstaled all, installed again - the same result. Try to get in contact with online chat - chat is not connected before I push a button with my state name, but such button unexists. I choosed a Finland instead as the near neighbour, but them tells the land is wrong. What a heck them are not allowing to write by a hand if them are such idiots knowing no more States over the World as just dosen plus United States? Then I wrote a mail, other, third. And still wait an answer. Seems at weekend there will be no other way as flood them with a letters.

Comment

quote:
                At the Compaq site them has only drivers for NIC devices or for modem drivers. How I can know, is it a modem or is it a NIC?

If it is an ethernet port (the usual network connection), then it is a NIC (network interface card). "Modem" usually refers to 56K phone line dial-up modems, which are used less and less.

I can sympathize, I have had trouble getting onboard ethernet to work for an old Dell computer of mine. I am a programmer, but not an expert in hardware/driver installation. I finally gave up and bought a $15 ethernet (NIC) card at Wal-Mart, which of course came with it's own driver-install disk. I installed that and it worked great. I figured it was not worth my time to keep researching to track down my driver problem.

Laptops are another deal though, since new hardware installation can be difficul;t and expensive. You might be better off to keep trying to find out what driver you need. Maybe you have a local friend who who help, if you can't get through to Compaq? Another option might be to get a wirless router and install a wireless ethernet crad, if you don't already have one. This could get you connected while you get the regular hard-wired ethernet working.

Comment

Thanks a lot. My understanding allready was too that it should be NIC; and when I drowe a laptop into safe mode than it is be able to see the half-erased drivers. I erased them completely from safe mode side, and when installed a NIC driver fifth time, it somehow started to work. Allready couple of lessons I used it to show pupil a different animations.

Now I am trying to understand why comp is showing a 3 different batteries with metering capacity if I have only one connected...

But generally it is much better computer as those what was stolen from my bag in Budapeszt at july. Oh those Gypsy originated nations, I ought be more cautious if know that Hungars are 50/50% gypsies.

P.S. RE:""Maybe you have a local friend who who help""
                  I have my first education a computer hardware engineer... however last 30 years I worked far off from that I have many friends a big bosses of computer firms to ask advice.

Here even weak laptop counts be something extra and expensive, so only one firm exists servicing them (for unbelievable high) pricing. If normal service costs something as 10 pounds, them asks 150 pounds for 200 pound worth computer. Yet when I called them to ask advice, them told me SUCH fool-stories I dont trust them more than one year old baby be capable to doctoring a comp. Just listen on them they are SOLDERING to change the central processor... (I am falling in laugh) and its the ONLY cure for revive a network card... Just them are fooling wildly banana into both ears for everyone what have bad luck to call them. Them are some branch of big international company, its risk free about licence suspending because them are saved within law of foreign investitions safety.

Comment

Working...
                  X