Members Websites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members Websites

Glancşng over the forums it seems that so many members have wonderful websites to visit and gain inspiration from...

Alas the majority of these are the same:
    http://n/a, or http://none/

Is it really too much trouble

1) For members to edit this themselves so that it no longer appears

2) For the registration form to strictly accept only genuine urls

3) For admin to edit the members profiles once and for all!

This is something that really gets on my wick.

Sorry to have to get so angry

Glancşng over the forums it seems that so many members have wonderful websites to visit and gain inspiration from...

Alas the majority of these are the same:
    http://n/a, or http://none/

Is it really too much trouble

1) For members to edit this themselves so that it no longer appears

2) For the registration form to strictly accept only genuine urls

3) For admin to edit the members profiles once and for all!

This is something that really gets on my wick.

Sorry to have to get so angry

Comment

Evidentally you've assumed that the users have personal websites for you to visit?

Do you want us to make up websites just so you have something to click on or what??? lol

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by Chief78CJ7:
        [qb] Evidentally you've assumed that the users have personal websites for you to visit?

Do you want us to make up websites just so you have something to click on or what??? lol [/qb]
        Quite the reverse.
        There are so many people on this board that think they have websites, whereas only a handful really have.

Those that do actually have sites usually turn out to be fun and informative, and with regards to personal sites they are often a means of getting to know more about the personailty and the members of this board.

A simple message ( I guess it has to be really simple so that people actually understand) something along the lines of:
        "If you are not the owner of a website, please leave this blank"
        would get rid of hundreds of website symbols of sites that don't exist.

The same goes for the other forums international and national. You Americans should decide which country some of your states are actually in.

Obviously this has been fixed.The figures for International looks like 592 subjects - when there are actually only 9 different topics within this forum.
        583 postings from Americans have obviously been kindly reposted in the correct section.

Comment

You are welcome to go visit my website (link is in my signature line.) It's not completely up-to-date yet... I still have to put in my last 2 weekends, one at Gunnison and one at Penn Sylvan. But it's a start and some have found it interesting.

Melissa

Comment

I got inspired... the site is now up-to-date. Enjoy!

Comment

Presumably, most members automatically assume that since they don't have a website, they should put "n/a" or "none" instead of leaving it blank, and how many actually check out their own profiles once they've made it? I bet a very small percentage do, otherwise they'd notice the "link" to their "website" and fix it. Not only that, out of nearly 7,200 members, there's really only a few dozen I see here on a regular or semi-regular basis, so I would imagine that most members register, check things out once to see what there is, and never come back. That is undoubtedly why there are so many of those "links."

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by melissastarr:
                [qb] I got inspired... the site is now up-to-date. Enjoy! [/qb]
                And enjoy I did!
                Thank you for your civil response and a very insightful story.
                Have you ever thought of writing a novel about this? ( now for some more inspiration!)

Comment

I've thought about writing a novel about my life, but right now I'm just not ready. I'd want to include some of the early stuff, which I can't even write in one sitting and certainly have never proof-read. Maybe after some therapy and more healing I'll write the book. When I do, you can be assured that there will be a strong emphasis on how nudism heals! Thank your for your encourageement and positive response!

Melissa

Comment

Great updates Melissa. I think we would be in about the same spot in regards to telling our parents about our lifestyle. Though I am older, I don't think they would think negatively at all being that I have a brother that's desolved his 4th marriage, a brother who can be verbally and mentally abusive to his family and another who is in jail.

We all got um in our families...strange how the "wierd" nudists are the ones that are doing so well! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Hi..I have brought this to members attention before. I guess it is just human nature to put N/A or NONE in there. It would be nice if they would check this now and then...Just have to live with it I guess...Cheers...NoodJuggler. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Anything that didn't apply to me in the profile I left blank. I've had to fill out applications that required me to fill in every line; then I put NA or None.

Comment

Working...
                        X