Change something about the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change something about the forum

I love this site and the forum, but I still think it could use some fine tuning. So I pose the question, if you could change one thing about the forum what would it be?

I, and I know I'm going to upset some people, would get rid of the Open Conversation section.

Here's a better idea.

I don't think the open discussions are a problem, but it would be nice if they weren't commingled with the nudism discussions when you look for new posts.

-Mark

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by Naturist Mark:
      Here's a better idea.

I don't think the open discussions are a problem, but it would be nice if they weren't commingled with the nudism discussions when you look for new posts.

-Mark

Perhaps if the open conversations were not included in search and digest. There are thousands of places to spread political propaghanda and viewpoints, why here? What if we invaded the Radical Right Wing Republican forums and discuss naturism. Many would get upset, some would get an erection, others an education.

Comment

There are several sections and topics that don't interest me. I simply ignore them.

I would not want to eliminate parts of the forums that others enjoy either.

Comment

quote:
          some would get an erection

lol........lol

Let's not start THAT topic up again

lol......lol

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by walter05:
            There are several sections and topics that don't interest me. I simply ignore them.

Ditto on that one for me.

Comment

I know I usually skip any threads that are in the "Open Conversation" section. But, it would be nice to automatically filter out all the "Open Conversation" threads.

Take Care & Stay Bare,
              David

Comment

A couple of changes I would like to see would be a return to the "Skip to new posts" feature and hiding the 'next topic' button when you reach the last topic.

BTW, why isn't this thread in "Suggestions"?

Comment

quote:
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by walter05:

Originally posted by Nacktman:
                  Ditto on that one for me.
                  I find myself saying, "I agree with Nacktman."

Comment

Would be a good category organization to move and separate Open Conversation separate from the nudistcentric topics. Maybe a separate webpage.

Allie

Comment

It would be ideal if each member could subscribe the individual sections they are interested in.

Unfortunately neither that, nor the suggestions you guys have submitted here can be implemented with the current forum software.

The good news is we're supposed to be changing over to new software in the near future that I am told has many more features and configuration options.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Jason Lee:
                        when will the new software change over be implemented ? (2007 or 2008)

I'm told it will happen within the next couple of months

Comment

I wouldn't get rid of the open conversation section, but moderators should instantly delete those radical left-wing hate mongering comments that appear incessantly in "open conversation" and perhaps other areas of the forum. Comments that promote such negativity do nothing to promote the lifestyle for which we ARE on this site.

quote:
                          ...if you could change one thing about the forum what would it be?

I, and I know I'm going to upset some people, would get rid of the Open Conversation section.

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by RunningNude57:
                            I wouldn't get rid of the open conversation section, but moderators should instantly delete those radical left-wing hate mongering comments that appear incessantly in "open conversation" and perhaps other areas of the forum. Comments that promote such negativity do nothing to promote the lifestyle for which we ARE on this site.

The moderators should do that for everyone, regardless of political affiliation.

Comment

"Open Conversation
                              Talk about anything! Cars, politics, current events, etc."

How could it be any plainer that that particular forum is not necessarily nudist/naturist topic dictated?

And there are many threads in that forum that have nothing to do with poltics or current events or that generate heat or controversy.

However, a disclaimer, similar to my friend's pool fence gate's loud and clear "CAUTION, You're about to encounter nudity!"...., that clarifies that this particular forum does contain, debate, rhetoric, and disputation.

CAUTION, This forum often deals with controversial social, poltical issues that generate differences of opinion and ehated debate...

Moderator's do what moderator's do. I've not always agreed with them and have only have one instance where I felt that a very badly biased decision had been rendered--but, they are the moderators, not I.

There are plenty of naturist forums, public and private, that have the usual threads about, getting spouses to join in, what if I get an..., what's the towel for, how do I remain a religious person and a nudist, how to get started, how was your experience at, and on and on.

I think this site is unique in the diversity of forums, threads and opinions and participants. I'd hate for it to lose that.

Some people like tapioca and green tea for brekfast and others like Juevos Rancheros slathered with jalepinos and salsa, washed down with mugs of hot, black coffee--or better yet, ice cold Dos Equis. I think, figuratively, we have forums and threads for both.

But, I don't think the tapioca eaters should hold sway over the belly-bombers, or vice versa. And, I really don't think it fair, wise or doable to say we permit only one, or no political perspective to be expressed.....unless, we're all going to eat tapioca or Juevos Rancheros. If that's all you have, then all you have is an echo of yourself from the amen corner.

It's really a matter of choice, one doesn't have to join in the fray does one? I'm with Walter, Nacktman, and Lamont on this. There are forums and threads in which I have no interest and so I don't plug into them.

The one thing I'd like, but I think it would be an overload for the moderators, is more attention paid to the condensing of threads. Sometimes you find, over a matter of several days, where there are two or three threads started by different people around the same topic of issue.

Personally, I try to find an older thread that is on the same topic..but, that's just me and a personal nit-pick. I don't like clutter.

It also would be nice if the threads were somehow catalogued by topic. But, nevermind, the way they drift, in a kind of Fruedian free association stream--just nevermind.

What I'd like to see..
                              I once suggested a forum for technical, computer related questions. For example, what expereince have others had with photo freeware or shareware. Or, I want to add a hard drive, has anyone done that?

There's many really talented computer people here, and I would welcome some input from time to time, but don't think it's necessary to start a whole new thread each time.

Comment

Working...
                              X