Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Nobody Wore Bathing Suits"

"Nobody Wore Bathing Suits"

A very good blog article. I agree with what he said.

It's a good blog for sure. Her comments were on the mark with how people see sex into our poor naked children. How sad we are lenient on paedophiles while kick the stuffing out of naked children.

Comment

The blog article is great, but the "205 Arguments and Observations in Support of Naturism" he has a link to are spectacular!
      Last edited by Agde; 10-13-2007, 10:24 PM.

Comment

It is nice article. I feel sad how States changed for this years. It use to be free country Now it is trapped by own misunderstanding of pedophilia, homophobia, etc. American society is now socially ill. Simple nudity considered here in Russia normal are sex-oriented in States? Man still go nude and only nude in sauna in Russia and nobody afraid of gay. If you try to wear anything in sauna you will be thrown out form sauna (if you are not Muslim )

Comment

American society has become very repressive and much of that repression is born out of fear, much of it irrational and fanned by the news and entertainment media. Rather than deal with their fears, most will repress or avoid what they fear rather than face and overcome it.

I suspect that what Americans fear most is freedom, especially personal freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey View Post
            It is nice article. I feel sad how States changed for this years. It use to be free country Now it is trapped by own misunderstanding of pedophilia, homophobia, etc. American society is now socially ill. Simple nudity considered here in Russia normal are sex-oriented in States? Man still go nude and only nude in sauna in Russia and nobody afraid of gay. If you try to wear anything in sauna you will be thrown out form sauna (if you are not Muslim )
            Otherwise it is more or less same trend in Europe today except sauna where people still go naked.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_42 View Post
              American society has become very repressive and much of that repression is born out of fear, much of it irrational and fanned by the news and entertainment media. Rather than deal with their fears, most will repress or avoid what they fear rather than face and overcome it.

I suspect that what Americans fear most is freedom, especially personal freedom.
              Well put. Most Americans really do fear freedom.

Comment

I dont like how people are afraid to have children nude in public due to unwarrented fear of pedophiles and feminists who think that just because men and women share the same pool that they need to both wear swimsuits in order to be equal. Pedophiles dont care if children are nude they will still gawk and do their own thing and if feminists want equality so much why not just let women and men share the same pool NAKED! I guess that thought never crossed their minds. While men and women should be treated equally feminists need to realize that in some ways men and women are DIFFERENT and theres no getting around that and they need to respect those differences. Men and women areint just different socially.

Comment

Wouldn't it be great to have coed nude swims for everyone. Bring them back!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJB View Post
                    I dont like how people are afraid to have children nude in public due to unwarrented fear of pedophiles and feminists who think that just because men and women share the same pool that they need to both wear swimsuits in order to be equal. Pedophiles don't care if children are nude they will still gawk and do their own thing and if feminists want equality so much why not just let women and men share the same pool NAKED! I guess that thought never crossed their minds. While men and women should be treated equally feminists need to realize that in some ways men and women are DIFFERENT and theres no getting around that and they need to respect those differences. Men and women aren't just different socially.
                    clothes optional beach a man looking/staring at a nude girl

Does that classify him as a pedophile ? (clothed or naked ?)

Comment

The most interesting bit of that article for me was the pedophile aspect. If I were a parent I would NOT want my child anywhere near someone like that, yet I would not mind them at all swimming nude in a coed environment. Safety is such an issue these days.

Comment

Appreciated the insight as regards to attracting users...

If the observation that, "the vast majority of people would never strip down in front of others because they simply hate their own bodies" were held up as true then it might prove difficult to attract members of clubs to attending nude or clothing-optional swim sessions.

One unavoidable fact of today's consumer driven economy is businesses adjusting everything from product lines to services offered in order to satisfy demand; so this scenario becomes much like, "which came frist, the chicken or the egg..."

Could people demanding clothing-optional swim times drive a normally swimsuit-complusive facility to offer them? I say certainly it could, but only if we ASK! (perhaps through filling out a comment card and depositing it anonymously in a feedback box if one exists) However, we must do this in order for it to happen! Back to the chicken and egg...

Nudists will not simply wake up to find a nearby facility has deemed to add clothing-optional swims on their own initiative one morning, because there needs to be a demonstrated demand that if satisified would attract new members or increased participation (and revenues in some way, even if only from juicebar sales and accessory sales).

In order to increase the likelihood of nudism being considered both "normal" and "commonplace" we can do ourselves a great service by requesting such accomodations from recreational centers, gymnasiums, spas, public pools (with appropriately discreet fencing or prerequisite landscaping), bowling alleys and rented event halls (a.k.a. a Nude Years Eve party at a hotel with ballroom; one that will derive revenue from celebrants staying over after the party is finished).

I keep meaning to write to local bowling alleys and roller skating facilities to inquire about the number of people required to reserve their space for a private party, and whether they would allow such an event as a non-discriminatory (equal access) activity. I think even if they turned us down it at least gets people thinking about the question.
                        Last edited by Centauri4; 10-21-2007, 02:45 PM. Reason: Add a final paragraph

Comment

Originally posted by vanesa1017 View Post
                          The most interesting bit of that article for me was the pedophile aspect. If I were a parent I would NOT want my child anywhere near someone like that, yet I would not mind them at all swimming nude in a coed environment. Safety is such an issue these days.

These days are like before. The difference is that we are more aware of everything and we have better tools to do everything. We have done coed swimming for ever and we do not stop it.

Comment

NObody wore bathing suits

In growing up in the 60's my class mates and I also showered together and took swimming in High School together nude. We thought it was fun to go to the Y, and we were all signed up for the Y swim classes by our parents.They were not concerned about us being nude. We never were concerned about it at all. In the military no one ever thought being nude in front of others was wrong. There was always an adult around in the school pool and locker rooms and at the Y, blanket parties were givien to those who looked at you to long or acted improperly and they never came around again .Supervised is the answer to safe guarding the life syle. NUDE is my style for next season in swim wear.
                            Last edited by benakkied; 10-22-2007, 04:53 PM. Reason: corrected spelling and thought

Comment

Great article

I wasn't around then so I didn't even know it was accepted.

Comment

Working...
                              X