Won't Sleep Nude the Next Two Nights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't Sleep Nude the Next Two Nights

I won't be sleeping nude the next two nights. My area of North Carolina is supposed to have an ice storm with 1/2 inch ice accumulation on the trees. We had a huge ice storm in December. I woke up several times listening to branches fall off trees. I dozed back to sleep but was startled by a crashing sound around 6:00 am. I got up & looked out my bedroom window. A 50 foot tree by my bedroom had fallen and landed 3 feet away from my house. If it had hit the house, I would have made my exit nude in the freezing rain. I slept the next two nights in my basement, and finally checked into a hotel for three more nights till the electricity was restored. As much as I love sleeping nude, I'll be clothed the next two nights just in case a tree falls & hits the house this time.

I won't be sleeping nude the next two nights. My area of North Carolina is supposed to have an ice storm with 1/2 inch ice accumulation on the trees. We had a huge ice storm in December. I woke up several times listening to branches fall off trees. I dozed back to sleep but was startled by a crashing sound around 6:00 am. I got up & looked out my bedroom window. A 50 foot tree by my bedroom had fallen and landed 3 feet away from my house. If it had hit the house, I would have made my exit nude in the freezing rain. I slept the next two nights in my basement, and finally checked into a hotel for three more nights till the electricity was restored. As much as I love sleeping nude, I'll be clothed the next two nights just in case a tree falls & hits the house this time.

Comment

I can't imagine being caught nude in the neighborhood, should an emergency pop up i.e., trees falling on houses, earthquakes, fires, etc. Even though I sleep with nothing on myself, those kind of tragedies do take place. I'm sure emergency response teams have, at one time or another, rescued people in various type of dress, as well as non-dressed. I do remember, about a year ago, there was a fire at a house in Fresno, and some of the tenants were nude. They were evacuated with nothing on, but were able to find some type of coverup. Sleeping in the nude does have it's advantages, but it also has it's risks as well. But the advantages far exceed the risks, so I'll stay nude at night time. Should a tragedy happen, oh well. I'm sure the neighbors have seen nude people before (this area is "kid" infested).

Comment

Scott,

Good luck in surviving the storms hitting your area, without damage. Hope your house comes out un-damaged, and you can get back to sleeping naturally [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Responding EMT's will provide a blanket for any injured party that is not dressed. My worry is when you must escape quickly due to a fire or explosion.

It would not bother me if in an emergency I would be naked in front of the neighbors. Remember everyone is naked sometime in their homes.

Mic

Comment

I hope everyone who sleeps naked or not has a robe or sheet handy if they have to venture out. Since I live in an are that historically had power outages, I always keep a backup heat source that does not require electicity. The latested, most affordable, is the Mr. Heater, Buddy Heater, $89 which is the first LP heater you can use indoors. No I do not sell them and there may be other brands that make indoor approved heaters now.... but anyone with concerns should think about it. Do you know how to winterixe your plumbing if needed? I work with large companies in disaster planning and everyone should do some basic planning. Most items we need, we already have at home, just plan for basic electric outages, etc.
            Maxx

Comment

Good news for me - no damage & I can stay at home since today is a holdiay.

Maxx is right about being prepared. I always keep something close by to put on if I have enough warning to make a quick exit. It isn't the issue of being nude - it's being outside in freezing rain or snow & being nude. I bought a kerosene heater after the December storm. I've been through several hurricanes, ice storms, & blizzards, but the Dec. storm was the first time EMT could not have gotten to me because of the trees & power lines blocking the roads.

Good luck to those of you in areas hit harder by this storm.

Comment

Scott -- Hope you are doing well in the "frigid north." I talked to mymom in Raleigh last night and she said it was sleeting pretty bad and they expected another significant ice storm. Last time, she was without power for a week! Hang in there buddy.... spring is coming!!! Jay

Comment

I live in northern NY, in the last ten years we have had two ice storms and a micro burst, we have been known to get as much as 4' of snow in 24 hrs. I guess we choose to live where we choose, I have been without power for as long as 23 days, I STILL sleep nude, I guess if I have to leave my house naked the neighbors will have to grin and (bare) it, they have probably already seen me naked from time to time anyway, I am who Iam, you don't cover up at a clothing optional place where non nudists are starring at you, why would you worry about an emergency???

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by scottnc:

Good luck to those of you in areas hit harder by this storm.[/QB]
                    Hello Scott,
                    That was really something for me to see ice on the road in South Carolina before I even reached your state. I drive a semi and was headed north on I-77 in the pouring rain when all of the sudden, the trees were white. Within a mile or two, the road began to show signs of freezing water so I slowed down a bit. As I arrived in Charlotte, NC, I saw your ONE ONE salt truck (there may be more, it didn't seam like it) trying to manouver around the various crashes/accidents. I parked it for the night!!! The funnything about your sleeping with clothes on in fear of an emergency is; I parked and slept naked under a big oak tree, and never even thought about it coming down on me. Maybe I should worry about that stuff more often, but I don't think I ever will.
                    I arrived in Ohio to find more snow than I care to ever see again! I hate winter.
                    Don't worry about being caught naked, or freezing... enjoy your freedom when ever you can! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Sleeping nude, whatever the risk from the weather
                      or emmergency,far outweighs the alternative. I have been sleeping in the nude for the last 15 years and am not always careful to remember to have something nearby as a cover. I guess if the
                      emergency is serious enough, the last thing I will
                      be concerned about is what others may see. I'm sure my concern will be to save my behind so that
                      it is still around to be seen. In SC we don't get
                      to many ice storms but having lived in NC most of
                      my life I certainly understand the risk of sudden
                      ice storms.
                      By the way I have been a member of INA for 7 months but this is my first time to get the nerve
                      to post to the forum.

Comment

I sleep nude except for a shirt in the winter since I can't afford to put the heat where I want it. I've never had an emergency where I had to leave the house--yet. I suppose it would depend on the weather and whether or not I would have time to put something on. I would much rather be seen nude by my neighbors than to be severely burned or burned to death because of any fear of being seen nude by non-nudists. If they don't like it they don't have to look. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by crich:
                          I have been a member of INA for 7 months but this is my first time to get the nerve
                          to post to the forum.[/QB]
                          Is that what takes so long for people to respond to posts? Lighten up crich! Nobody knows who you really are. Say what is on your mind and let it flow. You have just inspired me to be more out-going on this forum. It is my second week, and I feel like nobody likes me. I don't know if it is my insecurities or I'm just not doing it right. I read a post by Jon-Marc were he had been critisized by private e-mail and he had the nerve to post a request from all the other users on how he was doing as a member. He is a good guy and received positive responces in all. I probably would have just left the sight... not now!

Worries cause wrinkles and grey... no worries and nude all day!

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by crich:
                            [qb]Sleeping nude, whatever the risk from the weather
                            or emmergency,far outweighs the alternative. I have been sleeping in the nude for the last 15 years and am not always careful to remember to have something nearby as a cover. I guess if the
                            emergency is serious enough, the last thing I will
                            be concerned about is what others may see. I'm sure my concern will be to save my behind so that
                            it is still around to be seen. In SC we don't get
                            to many ice storms but having lived in NC most of
                            my life I certainly understand the risk of sudden
                            ice storms.
                            By the way I have been a member of INA for 7 months but this is my first time to get the nerve
                            to post to the forum.[/qb]
                            welcome crich, don't be afraid to voice your opinion, thats why we are here, you'll see I'm in here alot, I was like you, I read others for a while then it got to the point where I couldn't stay silent anymore, now I'm sure some wish I would just go away, I love it in here, it's fun and gives you a chance to use this base as a place to voice your opinion, so welcome

Comment

Welcome, Crich,

Don't be afraid to voice your thoughts on any subject that interests you; the rest of us do. Some people might not like what you say, but it's all a matter of opinion, or as one person prefers--your point of view.

Some people said that though they didn't agree with all I said, they would support my right to say it. Most people were very encouraging.

So get nude, join in and have fun. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X