Gardeners Grin and Bare it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardeners Grin and Bare it

A writer doesn't have a clue as to why anybody would want to do gardening in the nude. [journalgazette.net]

Be glad that the idea is being broached in the general public media. It is more evidence of the slow erosion of the idea that being nude outside is verboten.

Comment

answered his own question

At the end of his article he asks, "So where does this leave the rest of us?"

I think he answered his own question right at the beginning of the article.

"I must have been living under a rock all this time – fully clothed, of course."

Comment

The first thing I would tell the writer of the article is: "Don't knock it until you've tried it!"

Comment

You bet!

Let's see...gardening is being close to nature-so why not do it as nature created us? Out here in AZ doing the yard work in the hot sun, nude is THE only way

Comment

Naked gardening -- and using our outdoor shower -- are some of my favorite times to be clothesfree. I suffer a few extra scrapes and scratches, but thoroughly enjoy myself.

Comment

Originally posted by naturalmanwa View Post
              The first thing I would tell the writer of the article is: "Don't knock it until you've tried it!"
              And once you've tried it, you will love it!!

Comment

Correct. It's the only way to garden.

Comment

I garden naked all the time. Wife wants me to dress when working in front of the house, even though it's hidden from the cul-de-sac. She's afraid someone will drive in and see me. Otherwise, I'm naked in the back 8 acres all the time.

Comment

It's a cool article because, in an upside-down way, the real question being posed by the writer, and as posed via the quote from Eva Mendes, is "Why not nude?” This is exactly how we naturists would like the public debate framed. Associating nudity with nature and gardening sends all the right signals.

And how appropriate to talk about this today on "Earth Day" ! It also got me thinking about whether "natural gardening" might be a standard exception to public nudity ordinances that everyone could accept. Why not nude?

Comment

Definite nude gardner here. It just makes it so much easier to jump in the pool when I am done!

Comment

what about the neighbours- mine are too close

Comment

I'm nude all the time while doing yard work (backyard only). It's the only way, especially on hot days and the work becomes strenuous. The fresh air cools you down faster.

Comment

The only way to garden is nude. Our yard is very private, so all is good.

Garden

Comment

mine is private too - thanks to high fences and lots of foliage - be working out there today

Comment

Working...
                              X