Just wondering...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering...

I visited my local club this past weekend and, for some reason this thought stuck with me. Why is it htat the folks who work at nudists resorts are generally fully clothed? It would seem to me that if I were lucky enough to work at a nudist resaort I would be nude! Perhaps I am missing something here but I am sure that the members out there will set me right!

for people working in the foodbusiness there are often health and safety regulations that forbid you to be naked while working and the same is true for the groundstaff.

Comment

I'd say it's a good way to differentiate between the guests and the staff. When you go to a regular textile resort the guests wear swimsuits around the pool while the staff usually has some type of uniform on, except for lifeguards who wear swimsuits as they may need to jump into the pool. Back when Paradise Valley in GA was still Hidden Valley exactly what passed for being clothed was pretty broad as people would sometimes wear only a wraparound or sheer cover up while working. Higher end places tend to have their own uniforms with the resort's name printed on it and dress code for the workers. Of course after getting off of their shift I've found that it's common to see the uniforms come off and the workers get nude and join us in the hot tub or wherever.

Comment

Originally posted by justnude View Post
        I visited my local club this past weekend and, for some reason this thought stuck with me. Why is it htat the folks who work at nudists resorts are generally fully clothed? It would seem to me that if I were lucky enough to work at a nudist resaort I would be nude! Perhaps I am missing something here but I am sure that the members out there will set me right!
        Health regulations. Sometimes, insurance regulations. Sometimes, just the way they do things (so you know who's staff and who isn't). Sometimes, the people who work in nudist resorts aren't nudists.

Comment

I visited Shangri La Ranch a couple of years ago and asked this of the office staff. One women wore a long t-shirt but was nude underneath, the other wore shorts and a tank top that was large enough you could tell she was also nude underneath.

Their reasons were...dealing with various people such as the mail man, UPS, FedEx, bottled water delivery, sales people, food service deliveries....etc. They felt that for some that had not visited the Ranch before and were not accustom to seeing naked people, it made it easier to deal with them while they, in the office, were covered.

I asked a woman, working the restaurant at a resort in Palm Springs, this same question and she stated that for Health Dept. reasons they had to remain clothed but that she probably would anyway because she wasn't a nudist. We visited another resort in Florida and the poolside bar servers, all females, were topless....which was a nice thing to see at a nude resort but their bottoms remained covered because they were also delivering food to guests.

At a club I visited a women was the "grounds keeper" and was also a nudist and lived at the club. She wore work boots, levi's or shorts and a long sleeve shirt which was usually unbuttoned. I asked her about working nude and she stated that because she was also an employee and on the clock, she had to remain clothed for health insurance/CalOSHA regulations. She also said she couldn't wait to get off the clock to walk back to here house and take off her work clothes and enjoy the rest of the afternoon.

There are probably other reasons but those are the ones I've actually heard from people working at nudist venues. One other is a female bartender at a beach resort we visit every year. She is a nudist and loves to spend lots of time at a nude beach but not were she works. She visits another nude beach on the island so she can get away from work and enjoy her time off without lots of guests coming up to talk with her. She's very friendly but says when she's off......she likes to be away from work and the guests.

Comment

Working...
          X