Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Thread's for Stu!

To Stu and everyone:
    Since I and some others think Stu should be welcome here, and some don't, why don't we try this out--- here's a thread just for dialog with Stu. Anything about his opinions on nudity he can discuss here with anyone who chooses to respond. Others can avoid the thread. It's not meant to exclude Stu from commenting elsewhere, but it might avoid derailing other threads totally from their topic.
    Has this been tried before?
    Whatta ya say, Stu? And others, what say ye?

To Stu and everyone:
    Since I and some others think Stu should be welcome here, and some don't, why don't we try this out--- here's a thread just for dialog with Stu. Anything about his opinions on nudity he can discuss here with anyone who chooses to respond. Others can avoid the thread. It's not meant to exclude Stu from commenting elsewhere, but it might avoid derailing other threads totally from their topic.
    Has this been tried before?
    Whatta ya say, Stu? And others, what say ye?

Comment

We're sorry. You have reached Stu's answering machine. He and his family are on their annual vacation. They left for Denmark on July 28 and will not be getting back to Yorkshire until August 14.

If this message is important, please leave your name, email address, and a short message at the end of this message.

Thank you.

Comment

quote:

The part about Stu that I don't get, however, is WHY he feels the need to participate in a nudist forum, when he categorically states he isn't a nudist, and never will be.

That's the only thing with Stu: he's polite, thoughtful, provocative, and obviously very smart but....

I just don't get what motivates him to come to this forum. That's all that my posts have been driving at - trying to get Stu to tell me "Why".

Its not enough to say "I'm providing a different perspective, food for thought and discussion" - I want to know WHY he's doing it, because, as with most things, the underlying "what isn't said" is usually more relevant than what is......

Mike

Here are my guesses as to why Stu participates on this forum. I suppose that there is not just one reason but that there are multiple reasons.

Stu indicated in the distant past that he likes to sharpen his expertise in debate on the forum, since he is a lawyer.

Stu has also indicated recently in one of his posts that like us, he is facinated with the subject of nudity.

Obviously Stu enjoys "talking" with us and enjoys the caliber of people on this forum. I would say that he is a "people person" and has some time to indulge in enjoyably communicating with us.

Stu had a very rough childhood surrounding medical problems with his genitals, so he probably still has severe emotional reactions to the genitals (being shown). In fact when he was much younger, he almost fainted from anxiety and had to be helped to the car when he chanced seeing a nude woman on the road, by a beach, as it seems that this had developed into a phobia, (severe anxiety under certain circumstances).

Stu has posted in the past that he also has anxiety upon seeing dolls (this is called Pediophobia) and before visiting a home, the hosts must remove all dolls from sight. Dolls are recreations of the human form, so is the reason that he had developed pediophobia is because he had such serious medical problems in childhood with the human form? Who knows!

Stu has come a long way toward less negative reaction to the sight of the genitals but seems to have a way to go yet before he becomes comfortable with the sight of his and others genitals.

Some while back, there was a nude protest planned for Hyde Park in London, and when Stu learned of this from our clothesfree forum, he notified the police authorities to try to stop the nude protest.
        Thus, all members in the UK must beware of mentioning on this forum board a planned nude protest, as Stu may again interfere.

I have come to like Stu very much from his manner, intelligent, interesting posts and his total persona on this bullitin board.

Comment

concerning stu
          i think for him, it's like a car wreck; you just got to slow down and look,but really don't why.
          stu seems to be in a conflict. i have followed his posts for some time,and while i do not agree with 99% of what he says; this is after all the usa,and i for one will allow anyone to say anything,so i may be able to the same.
          i am anti gay, pro life, pro gun, and a christian, would you deny me because of this? or should i say i deny your right to speak because you are gay, pro choice, or wiccan etc?
          where do we draw that line? and what if we are the ones who find ourselves "outside the circle" ?
          let him speak.

Comment

correct me if im wrong,but was'nt stu banned for life....like cyndiann...but now stus back...but not cydiann.at least cyndiann shares our nudist lifestyle.unlike stu.i say if you let one back let all back.or kick him out again......

Comment

Hey............maybe CFI can add a whole new section here just for Stu!!

That make tons of sense. A complete section devoted to someone who isn't a nudist, doesn't ever want to be a nudist and ..............

I apologize......this is a thread for STU! I don't wish to participate.

Good bye!

Comment

It's totally beyond me why someone who is so against nudism would want to participate in a nudist forum. If there's some activity you don't like then you keep away from it and not jump in amongst those who enjoy it and argue with them. I don't see any sense in a lot of activities that other people seem to enjoy, but I don't go to their group meetings and tell them what I think of their pastime.
                If it was being pushed in his face then I could understand his antagonism, but he's coming to us and pushing it at us.
                Stu seems a very strange boy and just out for an argument.
                Now that I've said this it will be the last contact I'll have with any of his posts.

Comment

quote:
                  Some while back, there was a nude protest planned for Hyde Park in London, and when Stu learned of this from our clothesfree forum, he notified the police authorities to try to stop the nude protest.

David,

From what you are saying, Stu is no friend of nudism and will create serious problems for nudists. He may be very nice and charming, but if what you are saying is fact, then the reality is that he may very well be a wolf in sheep's clothing. Anyone of us might disagree with a nude protest or some of the methods used by some nudists, but I do hope that we are all intelligent enough and suportive of nudism to know never to send the police after nudists as you stated Stu has done. I agree that we should never mention specific places or events in this forum for fear of creating problems for nudists. Perhaps Stu has had a traumatic childhood but that does not give him or anyone the right to take it out on innocent people anymore then it would be justifiable to say that some evil dictator had a rough childhood and therfore their subsequent actions were acceptable.

Comment

quote:
                    correct me if im wrong,but was'nt stu banned for life....like cyndiann...but now stus back...but not cydiann.at least cyndiann shares our nudist lifestyle.unlike stu.i say if you let one back let all back.or kick him out again......

I thought the same thing and when I saw him on here again, I wondered. He was also removed from NetNude. If he was kicked out before, perhaps the moderators would care to explain how he got back on?

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by naturalmanwa:

I thought the same thing and when I saw him on here again, I wondered. He was also removed from NetNude. If he was kicked out before, perhaps the moderators would care to explain how he got back on?

What I remember was that, a little over a year ago, he voluntarily dropped, having felt he was sufficiently harrassed. A self-exclusion, so to speak, and that's obviously reversible.

Comment

Sanslines,

We will await Stu's return home from vacation for his notable response to your statement.

Comment

"Sanslines,

We will await Stu's return home from vacation for his notable response to your statement."

David,

I am sure that he will have much to say. It amazes me how one man in this forum can generate so much discussion!

Comment

While I would disagree with Stu over some things,(such as his extreme phobia over nudity, or rather his thinking that there is no reason for him to try to overcome it to some degree), at the same time he seems reasonable and likeable. He has expressed support for nude places and events, so long as they are not where the general public will be exposed to it. An attitude toward nudity that is not un-common in the general public. In fact, there are many who would condemn it even in a private setting.

Certainly, he doesn't have to become a nudist, just try to cope with real-life situations like locker room nudity without a panic. I have been caught in nude situations that felt embarassing, mainly when I was younger, but it was not panicky. Maybe coming here is slowly helping him over the long haul.

I am disappointed that he would make an effort to foil, disrupt, or ban a nude event he learned of here. But any lurker who doesn't even dialog here could do the same. It would be interesting to know why he gets so involved here. I don't think it is just to be disruptive or a thorn in the side. Maybe he is trying to comprehend how you or I can go to the beach or club and bare everything without discomfort, whereas he would be enormously distressed to do so for even a moment. He may be at an extreme end of the spectrum, but there are many who would share his sense of distress, albeit less intensely.

As for how he can generate so much discussion here, he's a lot less boring than another thread on Pubic Shaving, Circumcision, or Erections. These topics will come up from time to time, and newbies will ask such questions and need answers, and most people here are glad to help. And good for you!

I'll be glad to see him back, and hear how his trip went. I hope he's having a great holiday in Denmark, even tho he doesn't go to a clothes-free beach.

Comment

quote:
                              Wiggle It states;
                              I hope he's having a great holiday in Denmark, even tho he doesn't go to a clothes-free beach.

Stu's wife rented a cottage in Denmark that just happened to be near a nude beach. Stu said that he will try to endure, as much as possible, a walk to the nude beach, and then he will report on his progress when he gets back.

P.S.
                              Wiggle it, I like your above post.

Here is the interchange on this subject with Stu.

David77 said:
                              I remember you saying that your wife rented a cabin in Denmark that just happened to be near a nude beach. You said something about trying to tolerate walking down to the nude beach. How did that work out?

David - wow! You have a good memory! It's not happened yet. We sail to Denmark on 28th July, and we'll be there for just over two weeks. I'll let you know how I get on when I arrive back home, which will be the early hours of Monday 14th August.

Comment

Working...
                              X