Former child nudists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former child nudists

How many of the internaut naturists who visit this forum were practicing nudism/naturism during childhood?
    I, for one, didn't "take the plunge" until the age of 19 as a nude model for art classes, and then at age 24 as a card-carrying nudist visiting a nudist park. To parents out there: I would never confide my strong interest in nudism or in practicing it to anyone in my family, and protested vociferously when my father teased us kids that we were going to a nudist camp. (He wasn't exactly making a practical joke, but he had privately been in favor of our family becoming nudist, even though in the final result we never came close to this.) So, parents, you CAN bring an apparently recalcitrant youngster to the fold without traumatizing him.

How many of the internaut naturists who visit this forum were practicing nudism/naturism during childhood?
    I, for one, didn't "take the plunge" until the age of 19 as a nude model for art classes, and then at age 24 as a card-carrying nudist visiting a nudist park. To parents out there: I would never confide my strong interest in nudism or in practicing it to anyone in my family, and protested vociferously when my father teased us kids that we were going to a nudist camp. (He wasn't exactly making a practical joke, but he had privately been in favor of our family becoming nudist, even though in the final result we never came close to this.) So, parents, you CAN bring an apparently recalcitrant youngster to the fold without traumatizing him.

Comment

No, we weren't nudists, but my parents, especially my dad set an example that there were times when nudity was no big deal.

I went through my reluctant years, but their example was not lost on me in the long run.

Comment

I. along with my 3 brothers and sister were raised in a nudist home. As adults, only my sister is not raising her kids as nudists

Comment

Thanks justnude, it's heartening to me just to know this does happen. I was certainly not raised nudist, in fact I'm pretty sure my mother has rolled over in her grave several times over the idea that I am .

It's also good to hear that you, naked buff, had the courage to do at age 19 what I very, very much longed to do, but did not dare. For me, it took another 20 years of thinking about it and trying to figure it all out. I'm at least trying to make up for lost time somewhat .

Comment

Good topic...I always knew when I was younger that I had an interest in nudism. Unfortunately, I thought that nudist camps really didn't exist. When I was younger, I didn't have the resources available to me like kids of today do. However, the first chance that I had, and knew where a "place to get naked" was, I went to it rather quickly. By the time that I did that though, I was already in my early 20's.
            I commend parents who raise their families in a nudist environment though. I feel that it provides good family values and good self image of ones own body.
            the nakednudists

Comment

I guess I did as a youngster, in my teens. My bedroom was upstairs in our house and there was a door in the hallway that opened to the sunporch. After dark, whenh everyone else was asleep (or so I thought) I would get out of bed and go out that door to the sunporch. I would take off my pajamas and sit out there, under the stars and moonlight during the summer. I remember, I thought it was so neat to do that. I would stay out there for an hour or two. Once my oldest younger sister caught me out there and asked me what I was doing. I don't recall what I said, but I kept on going out there. It was fun and kinda spooky!

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by justnude:
                I. along with my 3 brothers and sister were raised in a nudist home. As adults, only my sister is not raising her kids as nudists

very sad

Comment

I knew since about the age of 11 that I wanted to be naked more often than not. I thought it was a perverse disorder because of the strict conservative thinking my parents had. I was so glad to find INA, which helped me realize that nudity could be a very normal thing, and the many people I have contacted have all the more helped me realize that, being nude can be just as normal as being clothed. Of course today my family will never hear about nudism, but hey, thats there loss.

Comment

When I was a boy I didn't think of myself as a nudist or naturist, however I know I did enjoy being naked whenever I could. I just thought it was a great feeling, (and perhaps a bit naughty).

When about 10 years old, I would go with a few of my friends into a forested area at the edge of our neighbourhood to play. To tell the truth, I can't really recall now why we started taking our clothes off, but we certainly did. I loved the feeling of exploring the trails, climbing trees, running around etc., naked. I still do.

Comment

My family was not nudist, but I always wanted to be. I wonder how many families are not because one spouse disagrees, or both spouses agree it was ok for them, but not ok to force on their children.

Dan

Comment

Mine was definitely not a nudist household; however, I always felt that I wanted to be. In 1986 I left for college and the clothes stayed behind so to speak. LOL! ;-)

Comment

not raised a nudist here! did not raise our daughter a nudist either! if i had strongly practiced my nudism when she was younger things may be different! i can not impose on her the lifestyle at age 25! i feel she has to want to in order to make it a good,relaxing experience!

Comment

Also not raised as a nudist, but was one of 8 children initially in a house where we had one bathroom -so nudity was never made a big issue. When I got a little older (teens & 20s) my father would take me to a gym where there was a sauna, steam room & a tanning "tunnel" (you made your way from position to position every 30 seconds or so until you reached the end -about 5 minutes total), all of which were used nude. While I wasn't raised a nudist, I also wasn't brought up with some kind of warped view of simple nudity.

Comment

I guess I learned of nudists at an early age. I would try to imitate them by finding remote places to get nude. I even went for nude walks in our fields at night in the summer as a kid and sun bathing in remote places or when my parents weren't home in the backyard and being nude in side the house. I have raised my kids as nudists but so far the olderones have rejected it at least saying it isn't for them. My youngest is 12 going on 13 and is still going I hope he will stick with it. One more note. My grandaughter lives with us and she is my budding little nudist. Just today after playing outside in the yard in the sprinkler she came in to change then realized she left her towel outside she ran outside nude to get it giggling as she went. There is hope.

Comment

Working...
                              X