meeting people you know at the resort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meeting people you know at the resort

This is a question for people that are either young enough to remember when they were kids and have kids of there own.
    Have you ever come across a family that lived in neighbourhood at a nude resort by surprise? How did you kids or you react to being nude with some one that may be seeing every day after you return home? I am looking more about the reaction of the opposite sex

meeting neighbors at the nude resort.

Why would you be concerned about this? I think it would be fantastic to meet neighbors at a nude resort, at least you both know that you have a common intrest and it could allow you to have a mutual group of friends for get togethers and what not. I would think it would be great!

Comment

Yep!

First, if you are both at a resort I would assume you are both nudists so there should be an added "connection" rather then the implied moment of panic/shame.

As a former school principal, I have run into one of my school families (and children) while enjoying the resort with my family. We all juist had a great laugh and a wonderful day there.

Comment

There really should be no problem as I see it.

I was a co-host on a radio talk show and ran into a person I had met on my show. It ended up being a fun chuckle.

on a funny note, I had a friend who was an exotic dancer. She was an active PTA parent at her daughters' school. One day the school principal came into her club and they both had a very uneasy feelings. But, she did get a lot of tips from him and her proposals were taken much more seriously.

Comment

i never said that it would be any problem if it did happen to me.
          I am just looking for tales of this happening .

Comment

How would you react to meeting someone from a resort outside of that resort? Would it be strange to see them in their clothes?

Comment

I'd love it.

I would love to meet a nudist someone I know, either inside or outside a resort. It's lonely here in the Midwest USA for nudists. We are, indeed, a rare breed here.

Originally posted by nimrod View Post
              How would you react to meeting someone from a resort outside of that resort? Would it be strange to see them in their clothes?
              Last edited by rone; 09-18-2008, 03:59 PM. Reason: minor typo correction spelling fix, too

Comment

Meetting people you know

I agree, In my area not many people seem to be in the life style or admitting it. They maybe like us, are concerned with the unstable with loose lips and strange ideas. We have to be very discreet where we go due to my friends profession. We would enjoy going to a resort and meeting some one there that we knew that was there for the same reason as we were.We might go more often if that happened. So go enjoy if you have a good place to go. If you saw someone that you knew let them come to you first.

Comment

I'm with Rone on this. I would love to meet people I know. It would be som much easier to meet them at a resort or beach than dropping it into a conversation

Comment

Originally posted by ranul View Post
                    This is a question for people that are either young enough to remember when they were kids and have kids of there own.
                    Have you ever come across a family that lived in neighbourhood at a nude resort by surprise? How did you kids or you react to being nude with some one that may be seeing every day after you return home? I am looking more about the reaction of the opposite sex
                    I would expect that you will get few responses specific to the question asked: since most people have to travel for nude recreation, the odds of running into a neighbor - with family members present - is probably fairly rare. Although - and I don't know if this is done much anymore - the local skinny-dipping spots in the more rural areas most certainly allowed the children of friends and neighbors to run into each other and see each other nude. But for a lot of people, I think it is more of a "back in the day" thing.

Well, in my case, having grown up in Europe during the "topfree explosion", I have ran into classmates and neighbors at the lake or local pool sunbathing topless; one or two classmates I ran into sunbathing nude. Well, being a young kid and suddenly seeing someone - whom I've habitually seen with clothes on - sunbathing topless or nude; there is evidently an "Omygaaaawsh!!!" moment. But in all cases, that initial shocked moment quickly faded; probably because that was such a common occurrence back then. Did it consequently affect my perception or relationship with them? Nope; not in the least. Except that I would know what the person behind the clothes looked like.

Comment

Just this past summer we were at a resort on Prince Edward Island that is about a 3 hour drive from where we live. On the last day we were sitting around the pool talking with others. The sun was in my eyes so I couldn't see one of the fellows I was talking with real well. After a few minutes, he said " By the way I think we know one another" Shading my eyes and looking more closely I saw that it was indeed someone I run into a work on occasion. We had a good laugh and carried on our conversation. What made things a little stranger was about a month after that incident we were traveling in the eastern U.S. and staying at a nudist park in New England. It was our last day there and the owner came over and said " You have visitors." It turns out the same couple we met in P.E.I. had been in the area and just had to find a spot to get their clothes off. They had not been in the park for long and the woman told the owner, "Hey, I know that car". We had a nice brief but nice chat; unfortunately we were heading home within the next hour or two. Since then we have touched base and hope to get together to share our experiences. We think it is great to meet other naturists, even if we already know them from some other aspect of our lives. Just means we have more in common to share with one another.

Comment

I had a co-worker of mine ask me to take him to the resort to check it out. After he got the mandatory tour (he took it nude), we walked aroudn the lake and goofed off all day, had dinner with resident friends, etc. Next day at work, business as usual. No big deal.

Also, ran into my insurance guy at the resort. Well, actually, I had done business with him over the phone for a couple years and eventually had a reason to visit the office in person. I met with him and he looked REAL familiar. I put 2 and 2 together and so did he. He told me "You look stupid with clothes on." I replied, "So do you." And we had a great laugh. Best insurance partner my business or I have ever had.

Comment

I have been in a similar situation all my life. I'm gay, and in my younger days, always worried about being "found out". Friends always pointed out, that when in a gay bar, everyone else was there for the same reason.
                          So, one day at a nude resort, I hear someone from across the pool yell my name, and ask if it was I. He was someone that I knew years ago from back east. I admitted it was I, what else is there to do?

Comment

Originally posted by benakkied View Post
                            If you saw someone that you knew let them come to you first.
                            Following that rule no-one would ever talk to anybody except strangers.

Comment

friend

While we were at our nudist resort on a friday, my hubby and i were sitting there and noticed on the other side of the pool his secretary. We didnt think it was her till he called the office and found out she called off sick. After 20 min of debating weather to go talk to her, she got up and went to the bathroom. We moved to chairs rows behind her, she didnt notice us then i just said oh well and walked up. Boy the shock on her face seeing us. Then she asked where hubby was and told her right behind her. She covered up for 5 min then was like oh well... had a blast and they had no discomfort at work at all over it.... Now someone to join us when we go

Comment

Working...
                              X