Blacks Bleach Trip Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blacks Bleach Trip Report

I haven't been to Blacks in a couple of years. So I whent Sunday 8/12. The weather has over cast till about noon and then it really warmed up. Great beach weather. The water temp was just right.
    I setup my stuff buy the Black Beach Bares. They have flags on the beach.
    I really had a great time and the people were all very freindly.
    People were playing volley ball, body boarding, surfing, horse shoes, and just enjoying a great day! I played some volley ball and swam a lot.
    I would like to thank the Bears for helping to keep Blacks Beach safe, clean, and family freindly.
    Hope to go back next Sunday!

glad you enjoyed the day! i have seen their website and it looks like a great place to enjoy being nude! also remember the hike down a hillside that was rough.

Comment

I wanted to visit Black's on my California trip last year but did not know if I could make it up and down the cliff. Is there another less dangerous access to the beach? I did visit the beach about 10 years ago but just walked down and back up as the wife was waiting in the car. Just wanted to be able to say I visited Black's Beach.

Comment

I haven't done it myself, but I understand that you can park at the La Jolla beach and walk north a short distance to Black's Beach. There would be charge for parking.

We park in the public parking area north of Black's Beach, and walk south. It's probably a mile and a half to get to the popular part, though not nearly far to get to the area where nudity is allowed. We just the like the walk. It's easy going and the scenery is spectacular on a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy:
          I wanted to visit Black's on my California trip last year but did not know if I could make it up and down the cliff. Is there another less dangerous access to the beach? I did visit the beach about 10 years ago but just walked down and back up as the wife was waiting in the car. Just wanted to be able to say I visited Black's Beach.
          I wanted to visit Black's as well. This past June my friends and I drove from Sacramento to San Diego (I recommend just flying) and I told them I wanted to visit Black's but we didn't have enough time. Oh well... maybe next year...

Weather was very cold anyways when we went.

Comment

Black's is a great beach, have been there several times, just wish access was a little easier...

Comment

I've been to Blacks a couple of times; most recently, last summer. I don't know why people make a big deal about the hike down the cliffs. It's fine if you take it slow. I only wish I lived closer and could go more often.

Comment

Black’s Beach is one of the best C/O beaches in Southern California. It is the place that I first experienced social nudity. After reading other peoples comments about San Onofre State Beach I think I would like to go there the next time I get down that way. With the price of gas as high as it is, I have to choose between going to the beach or hiking to Deep Creek Hot Springs. Since when I go to Deep Creek I can stay nude from the time I leave the house until I get home again, it has become my destination of choice.

Comment

I visited Black's Beach a couple of times this past July and it was awesome. The first time, I parked at the glider port and walked down the cliff. It's a nice hike down and up the cliff, but also great exercise. The second time, I parked at La Jolla shores and walked up the beach from the South. It's not a short walk, especially when you're barefoot and having to walk across all the rocks in the tidepools (don't get caught on the wrong side during the high tide). My feet hurt for a couple of days after that. I prefer the hike down the cliff. Just make sure you have drinking water with you. I haven't tried the walk down from Torrey Pines State Park yet. There is a simpler way to get down there. Park on La Jolla Farms Road and walk down the Lifeguard access road (I think that's what it is) and then walk North a couple hundred yards and you're at the bottom of the cliff access. I would also like to check out San Onofre beach someday.

Comment

My visits to Blacks beach have always been great times. I have a photo in my album from an ealrier visit. will return to the beach in th future and hope it stays the same as remembered.

Comment

Thanks for providing the different routes to BB Blindman. With both knees surgically repaired, my cliff climbing days are over. Do not know when I will make it out west again but I will definitely check out your alternate routes.

San Onofre is great, I am sure you will enjoy it. The only negative aspect of the beach is there are a lot of rocks.

Comment

Working...
                      X