I'm having a clothes-free day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm having a clothes-free day

It can be pretty awkward if someone walks in on you while you are enjoying some nude time. What to say? What to do?

I often say "Hi .. I'm having a clothes-free day". I have found that this works very well, better than simply ignoring the fact that I'm nude. It's light-hearted, non-aggressive, unapologetic.

Depending on the circumstances, I might leave it at that and go on to another topic, or I might add something like "Are you comfortable with me being nude or would you prefer that I put something on".

What do you think of this approach? Do you have any alternative ways of dealing with the situation?

Gary

It can be pretty awkward if someone walks in on you while you are enjoying some nude time. What to say? What to do?

I often say "Hi .. I'm having a clothes-free day". I have found that this works very well, better than simply ignoring the fact that I'm nude. It's light-hearted, non-aggressive, unapologetic.

Depending on the circumstances, I might leave it at that and go on to another topic, or I might add something like "Are you comfortable with me being nude or would you prefer that I put something on".

What do you think of this approach? Do you have any alternative ways of dealing with the situation?

Gary

Comment

Since I am nude usually in my home or at nudist venues (i.e beach/resort) the only other people I encounter are other nudes. However, if I ever get my privacy fence built, I will be nude in the back yard...and may encounter a meter reader or two unexpectedly. I guess this approach would work, as I can't imagine a meter reader or cable guy complaining about a nude fat guy! :-)

Comment

I have a private backyard so am nude whenever in the yard. When I encountered the meter reader I just greeted him as I would if I were clothed. He showed some discomfort with intruding on my privacy, so I invited him to go ahead and read the meter. He then seemed comfortable with the situation, read the meter, engaged in some social talk about what a nice day it was and how relaxed I looked and then left. I sometimes get caught by somebody at the door when the door is open and I have no shorts or cover handy. The only choice I have is to ignore them or pass by the door naked. I usually go to see who it is and act as if things are perfectly normal. To me they are. Sometimes I can take care of the business they came for without covering. If they are obviously uncomfortable with my nudity I I ask for time to put something on.

Comment

hikingjim... Glad to here you are able to enjoy your home and yard clothes free.My family is gone for the day and I am enjoying a clothes free day ....a rarity for me .... with shades drawn and a slightly illict feeling .Does feel great! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

To outdoorbare,
            Glad you can enjoy some nude time. The illicit feeling will be replaced by a feeling of nudity being totally normal in a short time.

Comment

Thanks hikingjim for the encouragement.Unfortunately I dont get many opportunities. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X