No announcement yet.

Nudism: Sexy or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife and I have noticed we are always a little more, "frisky," shall we say after a weekend spent in a nudist resort. I don't know how much of that is attributed to being in a nude environment for a number of hours and how much is due to being in a stress free environment i.e. no phone, no computer, no yelling kids, etc. I just know I like it, I like it a lot!

I voted for a sexual buzz but it's a secondary effect.

Comment

Whenever I spend alot of time in a social situation with people whom I really like, people with whom I have an open and honest relationship with, I am relaxed and happy and all of my senses are aroused. I think that I sometimes feel a little aroused when I am in a nude social situation, but I think that has as much to do with the relaxed atmosphere and warm feelings than it has to do with the physical reality of being nude.

Comment

Sure nudity is sexy.
        That doesn't mean that we are nudists for sexual reasons.
        The sight of a nude human body can be sexually stimulating and breathtaking.
        The same can also be said of a clothed human body.
        Sexual stimulation can manifest itself in many ways besides in nudism.
        Don't ask me why, but I find the sight of an ankle bracelet on a woman to be sexy. For some reason, an ankle bracelet gets my attention.
        Ladies, if we should meet and you notice me staring at your legs, it might be your ankles that I'm staring at, so keep that ankle bracelet covered!

Comment

The fact that nearly half of the people who have voted (and these are people who say they're nudists) say that there's at least some sexual buzz from social nudism simply reinforces the belief non-nudists have that nudity is sexual, which is why most of them will never get into it.

Comment

I think an essential part of the equation is that engaging in any pleasurable (non-sexual), relaxing, healthy activity is going to increase one's sexual interest.

Take the converse, you spend a day doing some menial, brain-draining chore, chances are you'll feel a lot less interested in sex than if you went for a nice walk in the woods.

Comment

I only get a feeling of freedom; oneness with nature when I am nude, with or without the presence of a female around no matter if she is nude or not.

That feeling has nothing in common with sexual feelings at all. Both feelings are very pleasant and enjoyable, but the feelings from being nude are much more lasting and fulfilling.

I love sexual feelings and I love the feelings from being nude in a public situation, but the feelings are different because the origin is different.

Even in the presence of a beautiful, nude woman; the feelings are not of sexual origin, but of naturistic origin. I keep the two feelings separate, somehow. It does not take a conscious effort to keep them separate, either.

I guess, maybe if I wanted to, I could mix the two feelings, or maybe it would be sexual feelings taking the place of naturisitic feelings. This is where it gets complicated, I guess.

BUT, anyway, I indicated that for me, naturism is not about sex - not at all.
              Dakota Walker (George)

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Jon-Marc:
                The fact that nearly half of the people who have voted (and these are people who say they're nudists) say that there's at least some sexual buzz from social nudism simply reinforces the belief non-nudists have that nudity is sexual, which is why most of them will never get into it.
                I'm afraid I share your concern.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Dakotawalker:
                  I only get a feeling of freedom; oneness with nature when I am nude, with or without the presence of a female around no matter if she is nude or not.

That feeling has nothing in common with sexual feelings at all. Both feelings are very pleasant and enjoyable, but the feelings from being nude are much more lasting and fulfilling.

I love sexual feelings and I love the feelings from being nude in a public situation, but the feelings are different because the origin is different.

Even in the presence of a beautiful, nude woman; the feelings are not of sexual origin, but of naturistic origin. I keep the two feelings separate, somehow. It does not take a conscious effort to keep them separate, either.

I guess, maybe if I wanted to, I could mix the two feelings, or maybe it would be sexual feelings taking the place of naturisitic feelings. This is where it gets complicated, I guess.

BUT, anyway, I indicated that for me, naturism is not about sex - not at all.
                  Dakota Walker (George)
                  Well said, me too.

Comment

As long as I already reponded twice, why not a third time?

I've been thinking about this a bit. I seem to remember a previous poll with similar results. I wonder if the issue is not some so-called "sexual buzz" resulting from naturist practice as it is questioning ourselves as to what motivates us to participate.

Speaking for myself, if my motivation for engaging in naturist practice were sexual in nature I would feel as immoral about the practice as those who condemn it believe that it would be. I believe in that case, it would not be a good thing for me to do.

That is not my motivatiion. While I do not and cannot deny that sex is a part of who we are as humans and that aspect of us is always present (whether nude or wearing three layers of winter coats), it simply is NOT "WHY" I engage in naturist practice and if it were I would stop immediately as I just couldn't justify it in my mind.

Just my thoughts/feelings about the issue,

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Ben_m:
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by Jon-Marc:
                      I'm afraid I share your concern.

There is a "sexual buzz" because people have that buzz no matter where they are and it doesn't go away when we go to a nudist venue.

I feel that sexuality all the time. Just because I'm poolside at a nudist club doesn't mean it's gone.

If people got more comfortable with their sexuality then nudism would be a no brainer.

Comment

quote:
                        by Cyndiann:There is a "sexual buzz" because people have that buzz no matter where they are and it doesn't go away when we go to a nudist venue.

I feel that sexuality all the time. Just because I'm poolside at a nudist club doesn't mean it's gone.

Exactly!

Comment

Hmm, all day long, in the prudish clothed world, we are required to keep our sexual organs covered...Many times with tight fitting or constricting clothes, underwear to keep the penis unnaturally close to the body. Bras to unnaturally restrict the breasts. etc. etc. And I know I absolutely hate the feeling of my pants and underwear constricting my genitals, no matter how lose my pants seem to be. Maybe mine are larger than average down there so it feels even more uncomfortable in clothes. It's very constricting and completely unnatural in every way.

So it feels really freeing for those (sexual) parts to be out of clothes, for them to be free.

So my point is, when we're nude the only parts of our bodies that are exposed that cannot otherwise be (legally) exposed are our sexual organs. So with those sexual organs completely unconstricted, free to feel the wind and air on every part of our skin, skin that doesn't otherwise feel these sensations and free to move about freely and naturally, it feels really nice. It's a great feeling of freedom. I know my unconstricted organs,,, sexual organs,,, love the feeling.

So is that feeling a bit sexual or sensual, a buzz, having that total freedom for those body parts? I don't know how to label it. Sure sometimes, without the restriction of clothes those organs are naturally more sensitive to every sensation.

If so, I think it's completely natural. And many times with total body freedom *those parts* sometimes have a mind of their own.

that's my thesis.

--s

Comment

Great reply steve-o, your absolutely right though.

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by NudeAl:
                              My wife and I have noticed we are always a little more, "frisky," shall we say after a weekend spent in a nudist resort. I don't know how much of that is attributed to being in a nude environment for a number of hours and how much is due to being in a stress free environment i.e. no phone, no computer, no yelling kids, etc. I just know I like it, I like it a lot!

I voted for a sexual buzz but it's a secondary effect.

I can sort of relate to this. I find that I am more energized in general (more apt to clean, rather than be a couch potato, etc.) The time I've spent relaxing gives me that energy though, rather than the nudity itself. The relaxing comes from the time spent nude, usually in natural surroundings, with wonderful people. I also tend to get more exercise than normal while at a nudist venue, just from being able to be comfortable. I'd guess that I would find, if there was a lady in m life, that those extra "energies" would extend to the sexual realm as well. If I got the feeling of extra energy from washing my truck, that wouldn't make the act of truck washing sexual, would it? Not with nudism either, as I see it.

Comment

Buzz? You bet-its called pure joy of being naked-period!

Comment

Working...
                                X