This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Masturbating at the Beach

Folks...what do you think I should have done. I was enjoying a nice afternoon at Lighthouse Beach last week and noticed the man sitting next to me was touching himself inappropriately. Should I have said something, reported him or done nothing? He had an erection and it was hughly offensive.

nudeinny,

Masturbating in public, especially at a beach, is a major no-no. You should have said something because he should know better than to do that. A simple "knock it off" or something similar to that would have done the trick. It doesn't matter to me if the man is gay or straight, there are laws that prohibit this sort of behavior.

Personally, if I had been you, I would have said something, not to mention even throwing sand on him to make him stop. I would not have made any comments of how he looked, as he was probably looking for you to say something. He wouldn't have done it if I had been there.

Comment

A difficult call - sometimes it depends how big they are compared to you, and whether there are others around that would support you if things got ugly, BUT these people must be stopped - they, along with others actually cruising for sex, are the reason there is constant pressure on authorities to revoke the status of legal nude beaches, and to launch "crack-downs" on un-official beaches.

We are trying to encourage higher standards of beach behaviour - have a look at this sign recently erected at Pt Impossible, Torquay, Victoria, Australia as an example.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by nudeinny:
        Folks...what do you think I should have done. I was enjoying a nice afternoon at Lighthouse Beach last week and noticed the man sitting next to me was touching himself inappropriately. Should I have said something, reported him or done nothing? He had an erection and it was hughly offensive.
        And the reason that you didn't get up and move to another spot on the beach? Your staying there fed into the situation.

Why would you say anything directy to him and risk getting into a fight? Suffolk County Police and Park Rangers drive up and down the beach on ATV's and 4WD's. All you had to do was tell a ranger or cop and the situation would have ended.

Comment

yes! it's obvious he wanted an audience! should have moved to another spot and reported him to the owners of the beach.

Comment

Though you did not state he was actually masturbating, just touching himself inappropriately is cause for his reporting. I have seen males touch themselves just to 'stay hard' without performing the manual ritual, and I gave them an unwelcomed glare, at which they stopped and moved on.

I agree, it's acts like these that makes opponents want to close our nude beaches we are so desperately trying to establish and keep open.

Comment

Originally posted by nudenwv:
              reported him to the owners of the beach.
              Owners of the beach? Lighthouse Beach is part of the national seashore lands, so I suppose we are all owners.

Comment

I am not familiar with the area, but if there are lifeguards or police, he should have been reported. As far as saying something to him, depending on size and circumstances, it may have led to a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by NudeTopher (christopher):
                  quote:
                  And the reason that you didn't get up and move to another spot on the beach? Your staying there fed into the situation.

Why would you say anything directy to him and risk getting into a fight? Suffolk County Police and Park Rangers drive up and down the beach on ATV's and 4WD's. All you had to do was tell a ranger or cop and the situation would have ended.

I agree with Chris.

If you were so offended, you easily could have told him to stop, you could have got up and moved to another area, or you could have alerted the authorities.

I suspect you weren't THAT offended since you chose not to act.

I was once in a similar situation years ago. I was irritated and bothered by a man who was "eating out" his fat wife right in the middle of the beach. The scene was too gross for me to have a good time so I got up and told him to knock it off. There was a brief argument. I stated to the guy that the beach is at risk. There are talks amongst the citizens of the town to shut it down to nude use. The man continued to argue and my friend walked over and whatever he said shut him up. My friend is well aquatinted to board members of TNS and somehow when he mentioned that, the gentleman realize who he was dealing with. He stayed around for 20 minutes and as he was leaving, informed us that he was gone. I thanked him for leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by naturalmanwa:
                    I am not familiar with the area, but if there are lifeguards or police, he should have been reported. As far as saying something to him, depending on size and circumstances, it may have led to a fight.
                    It has been my experience that size is not a good indication of strength. I purchased some furniture one time and the guy that put the wood pieces in my vehicle looked kind of scrawny. He looked like he weighed maybe 135 pounds versus my 165.

When I got home, I could barely carry the stuff into my house and he had carried it like it was nothing. Made me rethink the whole concept of size and strength when it comes to saying anything to someone that they might not like.

Comment

If I can include my 2 cents, First off a nude beach is NOT a place to be doing that. I mean if you have enough class, and respect for others that's the last thing any man should ever take upon himself to do in public.

I mean if he's that damm horny stay home and do it, That's what your house or apartment is for, your own privacy, away from others !!!!

Comment

It never hurts to try to stop such behavior. Such individuals get encouraged by the indifference of the other naturists. If the others tell them to stop, they will stop and move away. Otherwise, IF they see you are "enjoying" their "show", they will continue and become even more irritating. Just take courage and stop such behavior to keep the naturist beaches clean. There is always an answer to that ;o) Yeah, reporting the authorities it does help too.

Brim

Comment

I would have said something or would have moved to a different location. (if it was convenient to move) Staying there and saying nothing encourages the behaviour.

I am puzzled about the assumption that there would probably be a fight. Are people more inclined to fight in your world?

Comment

My responce?

Time to put on my steel toed boots...

Comment

Something like that happened to me a few years back, at Haulover beach.

Once I was certain of what the "Jerk" was doing, I alerted the lifeguards and they promptly removed him from the beach.

He was lucky there were lifeguards there. I wouldn't have been so gentile.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X