Nude Funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nude Funeral

I had a first this weekend. I had never before attended a nude funeral. The service was held at the club I belong to for a friend and office worker of the club. He had little blood relations, only a few cousins that live out west somwhere. So they allowed his lady friend and nudist family to deceided what to do. As it was his wish we had his service at the resort. It was a very touching and nice tribute to a very good man who only had 58 years on this plant but was a true inspiration.

wow! young to be passing away. glad you were able to carry out his wish! this is the second nude showing i heard of. can't remember where i read but a woman only saw her husband nude around the house and that's how he wanted to be shown.

Comment

Interesting. I've heard of nude weddings, but never nude funerals. But if that's what his wishes were, then I see no problems with it. I've just never heard of it before. That's a first for me.

Comment

I suppose that my post may have been a little misleading. There was not an actual viewing of the body at the service, because he wanted cremation. The actual funeral service was held by the friends and the members while they were nude.

Comment

That is a cool idea! My will does need to updated anyway...

Comment

I am not Jewish but I do feel much like they do in regards to the expired body. That is, when a person dies, then dispose of the body immediately. I see no need to cart a dead person around in display. The person that was in the body has left. The body is the vehicle of life and now cannot anymore support that person. The job for that body is done. Finished.

For us to gather togather and honor that person with prayer for the soul is gold. To share memories is gold. To be nude togather in your grief is gold. But to 'play' with the dead body is not good at all. Let it return to dust and the elements of the earth from where it came.

Am about to loose my mother to cancer. Is a tuff go but I will prefer the same thing. When she dies, her soul, her spirit, what ever God put into this body and gave life to is now gone. The body is just junk left behind.

May God keep all souls in his Kingdom. Amen.

Comment

I agree Rabid Clam I personally see no reason to have a deceased body on display. To each their own but, as for myself I think it is much better to honor the person rather than the shell that is left behind.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Rabid_Clam:
                I am not Jewish but I do feel much like they do in regards to the expired body. That is, when a person dies, then dispose of the body immediately. I see no need to cart a dead person around in display. The person that was in the body has left. The body is the vehicle of life and now cannot anymore support that person. The job for that body is done. Finished.

For us to gather togather and honor that person with prayer for the soul is gold. To share memories is gold. To be nude togather in your grief is gold. But to 'play' with the dead body is not good at all. Let it return to dust and the elements of the earth from where it came.

Am about to loose my mother to cancer. Is a tuff go but I will prefer the same thing. When she dies, her soul, her spirit, what ever God put into this body and gave life to is now gone. The body is just junk left behind.

Rabid_Clam, I completely agree with you. It would be more appropriate if the mourners were able to mourn the deceased in the nude instead of having a nude corpse in display like an art exhibit or something. Just my opinion....

-Fred

Comment

THere are so many people waiting for transplanted organs, corneas, skin, etc etc. Wouldn't it be a wonderful tribute for the deceased to have signed an organ donor card, or if not, have family members agree to the harvesting of available and undamaged organs and skin.

Comment

A few years back, a member of VVRC passed. His widow brought the ashes so we could have a memorial service/ scattering of the ashes on the grounds he loved so well. Very touching.

Comment

That is....unique.

I had kind of a unique experience last Friday. I was at Cypress Cove in Kissimmee finalizing some stuff for Youth Ambassadors. Well, the space shuttle went off. So....all the naked people gathered by the lake to watch it go up. I thought "well I've never quite seen this and may never see this again". It would have made a good photo.

Unique.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Rabid_Clam:

We (Jews) make the effort to bury the deceased within 24 hours. There are exceptions. If a person dies on a Friday afternoon, no burial is allowed to take place on Shabbat (the sabbath), so then it takes place on Sunday. Exceptions are also made for times when it will take the close family more than 24 hours to attend, and when the person is some kind of VIP (like a famous rabbi, or among the ultra-Orthodox a rebbe of note - such as when Menachem Shneerson of the Lubavitchers died about five years ago.)

Also since the coffins are always presented closed, the body is often just covered in a shroud, and traditionally, the simpler the coffin the better - a plain pine box.

No need for favorite garments or anything else, and if the departed is to be cremated (traditional Jews will not cremate )then whatever garments are on are also vaporized by the intense fire.

It makes more sense to charitably donate the deceased clothing to charity.

It also makes sense to donate any healthy organs to someone who could desperately use those as well.

Zevei

Comment

I use to work in a funeral home and never herd of this before.

Glad you were able to carry out his wishes.

quote:
                          Originally posted by Nude and Tanned:
                          I had a first this weekend. I had never before attended a nude funeral. The service was held at the club I belong to for a friend and office worker of the club. He had little blood relations, only a few cousins that live out west somwhere. So they allowed his lady friend and nudist family to deceided what to do. As it was his wish we had his service at the resort. It was a very touching and nice tribute to a very good man who only had 58 years on this plant but was a true inspiration.

Comment

Working...
                          X