Caliente: Not fun nude recreation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caliente: Not fun nude recreation

I wanted to share an unsettling recent experience at Caliente resort in Tampa Fl.

I’ve been there before with friends and enjoyed it, though the nightclub scene has always seemed a little racy to me. But a chance to spend the 4th of July weekend came up and we decided to go. We’d heard that Caliente had been booted from the AANR because they’ve started catering to swingers, but we didn’t think it would be a big deal. Live and let live, they can do whatever they want as long as they leave me alone. Right?

Wrong. We’d blundered into one of their swingers weekends and the experience was appalling. The entire scene was tawdry and seedy beyond belief. There seemed to be no "normal" people in the whole place except us. Women with bad plastic surgery prancing around in stiletto heels and negligee clothes. Men swaggering their genital piercings and making lewd comments. Way too much drinking. Lots of passionate necking (and more) in the pools, which stopped briefly whenever one of Caliente’s transparently obvious guards stalked by. Everyone with a lean and hungry look in their eyes, sitting just a little too close to us in the hot tub. Gross conversations unavoidably overheard. A bikini contest at which women displayed themselves for popularity judging, first in bikinis and then without. None of the friendliness usually found at nude resorts, but nobody you’d want to talk to anyway. And a scene each night at the restaurant and club that just cannot be described. The whole weekend was like a nightmare parody of what naturism is supposed to be all about.

And then, Sunday, when the swingers had all crept back to wherever they’d come from, everything was normal again. It was like a switch had been flipped. Grandparents, kids, teens, families. Reading books, laughing, relaxing. We ran into a friend who told us that the regular Caliente members mark their calendars for these swingers events and don’t go near the place. Unfortunately, we’d failed to ask the right question when we booked the weekend.

The whole thing was very disturbing and discouraging. I doubt I’ll darken their doors again; I don’t want to play guessing games with what kind of nasty surprises might be found in the future.

Opinions?

- gn225

Re: Caliente: Not fun nude recreation

Slightly similar experience over New Year's holiday. We missed the NYE party but were there for the rest of the weekend and it turned us off to Caliente as well.

I think the biggest irritant was that the front desk people asked us to make sure to report any activity that didn't follow wholesome, family naturism and when we did....they pretended as though they didn't see it or they out and out lied and and stated that that type of activity is not and does not happen at Caliente!

A real shame cuz the place is beautiful. Too bad the naturist continue to patronize. If we boycotted it for a long enough period....maybe they'd get their heads screwed back on straight and kick the swingers out!...............but I know I'm dreamin'.

Comment

is Caliente Caribe any better? I know the club scene isn't the same there so I wonder if there's much of a difference between the two.

Comment

Unfortunately, I expect you are very correct, in that someday there will be a stop put to cliente,and it will reflect badly for all the good nudist resorts that have worked so hard to run good clean resorts.I regret that I'm not being able to enjoy the true nudist resorts out there, while we still have them:disappointed:
        nudeinbama

Comment

I don't know about the Caliente on DR but I wouldn't want to vote for them with my wallet anyway.

What's infuriating is that naturist resorts and clubs are able to open at all because of legions of mainstream nudists who, for decades, have advocated wholesome and non-sexual nudity as natural and healthy. Progress in this effort has been slow but steady, though it's always a struggle. Now comes Caliente which opens on that platform; but once they don't "need" ordinary naturists anymore, they ditch AANR and its non-sexual behavior code, and simultaneously erode the very foundation of non-sexual naturism that they - and all nudist clubs - are built on in the first place. The distinction between sex and nudity is blurry in the public eye anyway, and this sort of thing makes the job more difficult for everyone.

I'm not sure they'll be shut down anytime soon; no doubt their lawyers know the law and carefully stay just inside the limits of what is permitted. And if this kind of activity makes it harder to open up other naturist resorts, well that no doubt fits in their business plan just fine! In the end, they've sold their principles for sex money, and I recall that there's a word for that. Not a nice word.

Not the kind of commercial enterprise I can support with my business.

- gn225

Comment

Working...
          X