Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your first meeting in the nude with a friend or co-worker

Hi everyone.

I am just wondering if anyone ever had the experience where they met a friend or co-worker in the nude at either a beach or resort and you were not aware that they enjoyed being nude in public. What was your reaction to each other upon discovering that you both enjoyed social nudity?

Haulover Beach is about 45 minutes from where I live so I am not expecting to ever meet anyone that I know and I am not sure how I would react to finding a co-worker there in the nude. Any ever have that happen to them?

Re: Your first meeting in the nude with a friend or co-worker

Many years ago we were camping at a naturist club in Sussex ,which is about 60 miles from home and it was not long before our elder son came and told us that he has seen H ,a girl in his class at Primary School. I assumed that he had been mistaken, but we soon ran into H, her brother and parents, who we learnt were members of that club. None of us felt at all awkward, as we were all nude together and we met up with them for a chat a few times during our stay. The family attended the same Catholic church as me and I found it slightly amusing when I went up to Communion with them and thought “If only the congregation knew!”. J, the wife, told me that one of the elderly ladies in the congregation lived in the same block of flats as them and when J went around the grounds in her bikini she complained-we both thought that very amusing!

On another occasion I was taken to task by an attractive teenage girl member of our naturist club for ignoring her, when I was in a local town, despite her waving to me- I had to admit that I probably did not recognise her with her clothes on!

I cannot imagine ever feeling embarrassed if I met somebody I knew in a naturist setting, as they would be either naturists or voyeurs and, if the later was the case, then they would be the ones to feel ashamed!

Comment

I've met a couple of acquaintances, but never anyone I really knew.

The opposite has happened quite a few times - meeting people I know from naturism in the "real" world.

Comment

A college classmate.
        It was my first visit at a resort (WTP) with the wife. I saw from a distance a guy that seemed to be waving at me; I thought "not possible". A few moments later, as my wife and I were exiting the hottub area, he suddenly popped in; and that's when I put "2 and 2" together; all I had seen was a nude guy, and I hadn't focused on his familiar face. Sure, there was a "whoah!" moment initially; but as he began joking ("Dude, you're in my Stat class!!", we soon began chatting without discomfort. Even my wife, who had had been startled by this unexpected encounter and had jumped behind me when the guy approached us, began emerging and stood by my side with her towel around her shoulders. It was her first social nude encounter, and I think she discovered at that point that she could be nude around her familiar face without any hang-up about it. After all, we were all nude and equal.

Comment

I was a cohost on a local talk show years ago, and we had a guest on a radio program to discuss her business. A week later when I was at the local nudist event she can walk in and to promote her business within the group. She was already a member for quite a few years and I was a new member. It was worth a chuckle because neither one of us knew that we were members of the same club while we were on the radio program a week prior to this.

On another occasion, I was at a local fundraising walk. A couple walked up to me and started talking to me for a while as if they knew me. Finally they con that I did not remember who they were and commented "... I guess we look different with our clothes on don't we?"

If we meet people that we know and a beach or at an event there is absolutely no reason for us to feel uneasy. In fact, if anything, you see that you have something in common in the camaraderie could help you get along even better because you both to share something in common.

Comment

My wife and I visited a club, a couple of years ago. I had gone to the restroom and was returning to where my wife was sunning and a co-worker said hello. I hadn't seen him for awhile, because he had retired. I met his wife and introduced mine to them. Amazingly, I wasn't fazed at all in meeting him in that situation.

Comment

i recently found out that a coworker is a nudist. she's got a boyfriend with a farm and they don't wear clothes out there. i was telling her i want to try wildwood, and told her where it was. she'll probably go there. maybe we'll go together...as long as i can be sure my fiance (who has no interest in nude recreation) understands that i have no sexual interest in this woman or any other woman. she's already said she has no problem with me going, just that she wouldn't go.

Comment

In 1992, I stumbled upon Santa (along with Mrs.) Claus soaking in the hot tub at Sunny Rest Lodge. Imagine my surprise!

Santa Claus was the man's legal name. He made his post-retirement living by playing the role of Kris Kringle. With his natural white hair and full beard, ruddy complexion and rotund figure, he was the spittin' image of ol' Saint Nick.

A few years earlier, the downtown department store I worked at employed 'Santa' for the Christmas season. He kept a red golf cart with Santa Claus written across the front. During his breaks, he'd drive it around town and wave at the people. I asked him what he used the cart for during the rest of the year. He replied that he used it at the campground where he and his wife have a cabin. I didn't think anything else of it.

A few years later, I decided to check out nearby Sunny Rest Lodge. I went on a weekday, so it was pretty deserted. I relaxed by the pool, did lots of hiking on the trails adjoining the property and also explored the camp. I was walking around the cabins when I came upon it: A red golf cart with Santa Claus written across the front. Holy $#/+! Santa's a nudist!

After I got over my surprise, I continued on my self-guided tour of the grounds. I came to a building and went in to check it out. It contained a hot tub. There were two people in the tub, both had white hair. "SANTA! Fancy meeting you here, I exclaimed. Santa said hello, but seemed a bit uncomfortable. I don't blame him, because his career could have been over in an instant if he'd been 'outed' as a nudist.

His secret was safe with me.

Joe

Comment

One Friday we were attending beautiful Sunny Rest Nudist resort and while sitting on our chairs, I asked my hubby if that was his secretary on the other side of the pool. he said no she was at work. After 5 minutes of me bugging him he called in to only find out she called off work since the boss was gone. Well he was worried and didnt know what to do, so i took care of that and jsut walked over and said hi to her. Boy was she surprised. After few minutes she asked where my Hubby was and i told her on the chair behind her. After the initial embarrassment on both of them I said lets go in the pool and we all did... $ yrs later they still work together and she goes with us once and a while to the resort....

Comment

Originally posted by Procrastinator View Post
                    In 1992, I stumbled upon Santa (along with Mrs.) Claus soaking in the hot tub at Sunny Rest Lodge. Imagine my surprise!

Santa Claus was the man's legal name. He made his post-retirement living by playing the role of Kris Kringle. With his natural white hair and full beard, ruddy complexion and rotund figure, he was the spittin' image of ol' Saint Nick.

A few years earlier, the downtown department store I worked at employed 'Santa' for the Christmas season. He kept a red golf cart with Santa Claus written across the front. During his breaks, he'd drive it around town and wave at the people. I asked him what he used the cart for during the rest of the year. He replied that he used it at the campground where he and his wife have a cabin. I didn't think anything else of it.

A few years later, I decided to check out nearby Sunny Rest Lodge. I went on a weekday, so it was pretty deserted. I relaxed by the pool, did lots of hiking on the trails adjoining the property and also explored the camp. I was walking around the cabins when I came upon it: A red golf cart with Santa Claus written across the front. Holy $#/+! Santa's a nudist!

After I got over my surprise, I continued on my self-guided tour of the grounds. I came to a building and went in to check it out. It contained a hot tub. There were two people in the tub, both had white hair. "SANTA! Fancy meeting you here, I exclaimed. Santa said hello, but seemed a bit uncomfortable. I don't blame him, because his career could have been over in an instant if he'd been 'outed' as a nudist.

His secret was safe with me.

Joe
                    How can you top that story? I would never have guessed that about Santa.

Comment

Yep just happened this weekend. The club I belong to, Kaniksu, had a nude run this past weekend and while there I ran into a friend from college. We were both laughing about it we had no idea that the other one did anything like this. We both made a promise to wear our nude runner T-shirts on the first day back at school. I thought it was cool to find someone from your regular life in a nude setting.

Comment

Several years ago I saw a former co-worker, (female) at a nudist club and we both laughed upon seeing one another.

Another time I found out my former boss was a nudist via his secretary, so I never visited that particular club because he was a very reserved person.
                        Last edited by malia; 08-14-2009, 09:21 PM.

Comment

I don't think it to be big deal if you run it to someone nude you know or work with. It just like if your at clothes beach or what ever. Same thing all round, much better and more relaxed being nude, and no hang ups and you have someone you know to talk with etc. The best clothes to wear at the beach is the one's God gave us.

Comment

I visited a nude beach 1,200 miles from home this summer and was loving it. Walked to a trash can to dispose of some stuff and waled face to face with a collegue! We both just started laughing and then talked about "who knew."

Comment

So far not a colleague, but I did run into the person who has cut my hair (for 20 years) once. It wasn't strange or uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                              X