inconsistency of beauty salons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inconsistency of beauty salons

Today more and more men are looking for the same kinds of treatment as women have enjoyed since time immemorial. However, in these so-called enlightened days it is amazing how they vary in their attitude. For example, my local sun salon refused to tan me because I dared to ask for an allover treatment even though they wouldn't have to touch me(they evidently found the idea of even looking at my naked body quite disgusting!) yet there are a few salons (albeit only a few) where they are willing to a wax a man's entire body, including hit most "private" areas. Do your readers think that this situation will improve quickly over the next few years as more and more men demand this kind of treatment?

Today more and more men are looking for the same kinds of treatment as women have enjoyed since time immemorial. However, in these so-called enlightened days it is amazing how they vary in their attitude. For example, my local sun salon refused to tan me because I dared to ask for an allover treatment even though they wouldn't have to touch me(they evidently found the idea of even looking at my naked body quite disgusting!) yet there are a few salons (albeit only a few) where they are willing to a wax a man's entire body, including hit most "private" areas. Do your readers think that this situation will improve quickly over the next few years as more and more men demand this kind of treatment?

Comment

Salons are generally small businesses with only a few employees. Individual owners are always going to make choices about what services they believe are appropriate to provide, taking into account both their own views and the comfort of their employees.

Having said that, if there is indeed a growing market with money to be made, someone will provide the services the market demands. That's the way free enterprise works.

Comment

If I as a woman and you as a man had the same hair cut and we both walked into a salon, I would pay considerably more than you. I would like to see that change! In other words, I would like to pay what you do.

Comment

quote:
          I would pay considerably more than you. I would like to see that change! In other words, I would like to pay what you do.

Try walking into a barber shop next time.

Seriously, just ask for the 'man price'. See if they turn down a sale.

-Mark

Comment

There are a number of women who go to my barber because the price is so much less.

Comment

If you're a man looking for a tanning or waxing salon, try one that caters to gays. But for "any" salon to offer these to guys in the future? Probably not in the next five years or so.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by texasjoe:
                If you're a man looking for a tanning or waxing salon, try one that caters to gays. But for "any" salon to offer these to guys in the future? Probably not in the next five years or so.

I have to admit that I have never come across a tanning salon that caters to gays. Around my area, most tanning salons are used almost entirely by women. Still, I have never heard of any males complaining about problems getting an all over tan at a salon. All salons I've known about have private booths and the staff would not know if a customer was nude or not.

Personally, I like to go to a salon at a nudist resort in Palm Springs. No problems there! I don't need waxing (eeek!) but a massage, skin cleansing, manicure and pedicure, hair cut, and facial are always on my list! Us old men need pampering!

Comment

Working...
                X