Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed

We are having a teenage friend of my kid staying with us for the weekend. Not sure what her comfort level is as far as nudity, or even semi-nudity is, and can't figure out how to approach the subject. I am NOT going to walk around the house nude while she is here, but we usually don't close the bathroom or bedroom doors. I try to remember to close the bathroom door, but will not close the bedroom door so that the animals can come and go. I sleep nude, and the bathroom is right next to the bedroom, so not seeing into the bedroom is next to impossible. Also, if I get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, I don't want to bother to get dressed to do it.

Any thoughts on how to handle this?

Re: Advice needed

Originally posted by lightmetal View Post
    We are having a teenage friend of my kid staying with us for the weekend. Not sure what her comfort level is as far as nudity, or even semi-nudity is, and can't figure out how to approach the subject. I am NOT going to walk around the house nude while she is here, but we usually don't close the bathroom or bedroom doors. I try to remember to close the bathroom door, but will not close the bedroom door so that the animals can come and go. I sleep nude, and the bathroom is right next to the bedroom, so not seeing into the bedroom is next to impossible. Also, if I get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, I don't want to bother to get dressed to do it.

Any thoughts on how to handle this?
    Just be cautious and know where she is in the house before you step out into view nude. You owe that to her as a guest to not make her uncomfortable, especially given her age and gender. I'm sure you can give up one weekend of free ranging the home to make everything go smoothly. Have a towel in your room to throw around you if you need to walk to the bathroom, just in case.

Comment

in my opinion, you're going to have to be uncomfortable for one weekend, and cover up. The risk of it becoming an issue is way too great, and the consequences, even though it's your house, can be far too high to be worth it. If it were me, I would just pretend to be a textile for one weekend. Kids and teenagers are a very touchy subject, don't risk it.

Comment

Thanks all!
        Those were kind of my thoughts as well, especially since she seemed a little weird about my wilfe usually walking around the house in panties and a t-shirt. The biggest concern I have is sleeping nude, and having the covers come off while sleeping, and having her glance into the bedroom. I tried sleeping in PJ's last night, and got about 1 hr sleep total. Can't go through it again tonight.

Comment

Dear Lightmetal,

Enertronik and the other member's who replied are right : cover-up and be a tad unconfortable for a few days.

I would'nt worry about the sleeping naked and sheets flying off your body/bed ; she will be sleeping too. If she is like any other teenager : the sleep forever!

But do take the suggestion ; have a robe for night trips out of the room.

Montréalluke

Comment

The last thing I want to do is offend anyone....not just her.....so I always keep a robe handy. Having a furnace that isn't working right makes a robe almost manditory anyway

I agree with all the posters here...just wanted to know the thoughts of others, in case I was being too cautious.

Comment

I wanted to make sure I got the facts right.

We are having a teenage friend of my kid staying with us for the weekend. Not sure what her comfort level is as far as nudity, or even semi-nudity is, and can't figure out how to approach the subject.
              You are having a teenage girl coming over to the house, and you are unsure if it is OK to be nude in front of her.

I am NOT going to walk around the house nude while she is here, but we usually don't close the bathroom or bedroom doors.
              You are only planning on being nude in your bedroom and bathroom and leaving the doors open.

I try to remember to close the bathroom door
              ...well maybe not the bathroom door if you remember to shut it.

Also, if I get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, I don't want to bother to get dressed to do it.
              You are planning on walking nude to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

The biggest concern I have is sleeping nude, and having the covers come off while sleeping, and having her glance into the bedroom.
              You are worried about becoming "exposed" in the middle of the night and her accidentially seeing you. Yet you were planning on walking nude to the bathroom?

The last thing I want to do is offend anyone....not just her.....so I always keep a robe handy. Having a furnace that isn't working right makes a robe almost manditory anyway
              Now you are insinuating that you always use a robe in your house to not offend your family, BUT two quotes up you were stated that you did not "want to bother to get dressed."

I agree with all the posters here...just wanted to know the thoughts of others, in case I was being too cautious.
              Now for my questions.

Why were you planning on walking nude to the bathroom while she was there, yet you use a robe (normally?) to not offend your family...oh yeah, or her?

Do you usually kick off your covers and are exposed when you wake up in the morning? Do your kids normally "see" Dad when they go to the bathroom? If you have a robe, why would you not use it when in your bathroom and bedroom too while she is visiting? You can always remove it and slip in bed when the coast is clear.

It seems as if you already knew the right thing to do: covering up while she is visiting. When you stated that you were wondering if you were "being too cautious," it set off the red flags for me. Re-reading your posts it seems as if you might have wanted to be nude in front of her from the start. This leads me to one final question. Were you just trying to get our "permission" to be nude in front of a strange teenage girl just because you are doing it in your own home? If so, you don't know us very well. I apologize if I interpreted the facts incorrectly.

Comment

Right. It's all about consideration and being considerate for your guest, no matter who it is. You don't want anyone to freak out, or you could have bigger issues.

Comment

Being cautious is a good call. In this enviroment of the pedo witch hunt and sue happy people it is better to ere on the side of caution.

As a nudist I would have no problem being nude in front of a teenage girl or boy, any age really, but I know that they or their parents might take issue with it. I think that this is when communication should come in and be open with the parents of the girl or at least find out what they think of nudity in general, then make the decision to open up to them.

If your wife is understanding and accepts your nudity and nudist ways or is a nudist herself, then maybe she can do the talking to the girls mother, that might seem less "pervy" if they are not open to the idea of nudity.

Comment

If your visitor is under 18. Best to keep a robe on except behind closed doors. Even if she doesn't mind, her parents or Barney Fife might.

If she is over 18, just ask her.

Comment

I am new here but from reading the responces given I feel I must ask a question. Are you and your family nudists and if so are you just in-home or do you go out and enjoy the lifestyle as ell?? The reason for thses questions is simple...have you ever thought of talking to this girl and explaining to her the lifestyle you and your family practice? Explain to her that nudity in the house is normal and natural to her but offer to cover yourself if she is uncomfortable with the concept of nudism. Perhaps educate her about nudism if only through Naturist websites. Last but not least, sleep naked with or without covers...nothing stopping you from closing your bedroom door, right?

Comment

Originally posted by nudiarist
                        Yeah, get a robe.
                        Agree. You maybe be comfortable in the nude, but she may not. Show respect for her.

Comment

i am travelling w/new friends & if they dont like my nudity then its their problem & it probably would repel me from them..i cant deal w/inhibited people.

Comment

ok if you are a home nudist then your kid knows this so talk to her about it then after that you should talk to the parents then take it form ther
                            Last edited by wish2bnude; 12-01-2009, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Cover up. YOu owe it your guest to not make her uncomfortable. You can crack open BR door just enough for animal to enter. Wear a robe around the house.

Comment

Working...
                              X