Little Kids & Nudity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Kids & Nudity

A relative, who has no idea that I'm a nudist, just sent me these little anecdotes under the heading, "Why we loe our kids." (There were several other stories in her email, but these were the ones about nudity.)

-----

A little boy got lost at the YMCA and found himself in the women'slocker room. When he was spotted, the room burstinto shrieks, withladies grabbing towels and running for cover The little boy watchedin amazement and then asked, "What's the matter? Haven't you ever seen a little boy before?"

------

I was driving with my three young children one warm summer evening when woman in the convertible ahead of us stood up and waved. She was stark naked! As I was reeling from the shock, I heard my 5-year-old shout from the back-seat, "Mom! That lady isn't wearing a seat belt!"

-----

Lee

A relative, who has no idea that I'm a nudist, just sent me these little anecdotes under the heading, "Why we loe our kids." (There were several other stories in her email, but these were the ones about nudity.)

-----

A little boy got lost at the YMCA and found himself in the women'slocker room. When he was spotted, the room burstinto shrieks, withladies grabbing towels and running for cover The little boy watchedin amazement and then asked, "What's the matter? Haven't you ever seen a little boy before?"

------

I was driving with my three young children one warm summer evening when woman in the convertible ahead of us stood up and waved. She was stark naked! As I was reeling from the shock, I heard my 5-year-old shout from the back-seat, "Mom! That lady isn't wearing a seat belt!"

-----

Lee

Comment

Ah! Innocence, isn't it great? Then society ruins it by teaching innocent children that their bodies and the bodies of other people are "bad" and should be kept covered. They're taught that certain body "parts" are indecent and should never be seen. They are taught body shame. I don't care how much anyone denies it, it IS body shame when someone is embarrassed by their own body or someone else's.

OK, Max, so tell me that I'm ranting and repeating myself again. Do I CARE what you or anyone thinks?

Comment

jon marc, rant away when you are absolutely right. the little stories were right on, little kids have no idea that nudity is bad, cause it isn't bad. our society is bad......

Comment

Well said gentleman: My girlfriend has two young children who go around the house naked without the slightest embarrassment. It is refreshing to see such purity in a child. Unfortunately, we all know that society will get a hold of them and convinve them that nudity is evil and the body shameful. Imagine how this world would be without shame or embarrassment?

I also have a secret that I must share with y'all; I was born naked.

Comment

You too? I guess that makes two of us.

This sort of reminds me of a story I heard on a talk show. Caroline Rhea (a comedianne) was discussing her family, and she told a funny story about how her 3 y.o. niece caught her brother (the baby's father) in the shower, then ran to her mommy, exclaiming "Daddy's got a tail!"

Comment

Our grandkids, grandaughter 3 1/2 and grandson, 1 1/2 love running around naked. When they come over to our house they always call first to ask if the pool is warm. If not, I heat it...I'm a softy.

Once they get here, it's off with the clothes and into the pool. They have such a good time and hate to have to put their suits on. It'll take a few more times before my daughter and son in law finally just let them be. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

FireProf,

I hope those kids are potty trained, or is it just a small child's wading pool? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Kids are precious,

When Thom and I visit our youngest daughter, who has two small kids on her own now, we always stay at a hotel that has a swimming pool, so they can swim there. As soon as they are back in the room with us, off goes the tiny bathing suits, body dried off and stay naked to play around or watch TV or read books together.
                  We enjoy it, the kids enjoy it, and daughter and hubby enjoy it (time away from the kids to themselves)
                  Cindiee

Comment

I'm glad you are enjoying these little stories, and relating experiences of your own. That's exactly what I was hoping for. Any more?

And as for your "rant," Jon-Marc: Perfectly appropriate. That really is the point.

Lee

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by florida-david:
                      [qb] jon marc, rant away when you are absolutely right. the little stories were right on, little kids have no idea that nudity is bad, cause it isn't bad. our society is bad...... [/qb]
                      Our society has taught it's members that it is proper to be clothed and improper to be unclothed that it created shame. Or in the case of the women, fear.

Fear that they might be discovered. Fear that their secret parts will be violated by . . . a little boy?!?

Fear.

Comment

Here's a twist..my two year old, who has been a nudist since he was born, has suddenly developed a lack of interest in going "potty" with his mommy in public restrooms. If she takes him to a womens' room, he pitches a fit and wants to go to the men's room. Any ideas? We have not encouraged this "phobia" at all, but I wonder if it's something he picked up at a baby sitter' house?

Comment

TXK,

Someone has probably told him that boys and girls don't use the bathroom together, or something like that. Society will do it's worst to undo whatever you teach your children about not being ashamed of their bodies.

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by Jon-Marc:
                            [qb] TXK,

Someone has probably told him that boys and girls don't use the bathroom together, or something like that. Society will do it's worst to undo whatever you teach your children about not being ashamed of their bodies. [/qb]
                            Here we go again w/ Jon's usual "someone told him...." and his constant ranting of "society teaches....shame of body yadda yadda yadda." Jon, not every person who doesn't go around naked is ashame of their body. One can love their body and be comfortable with it w/o being a nudist. Not every parent who rather have their kid wear suit to pool is teaching body shame. For many, nudity isn't something that is thought about.

TXK, ignore Jon-Marc's constant explaination and ranting about society this and that. As a psychoogy major (and business), I have taken tw courses in child psychology. Your son's behavior is common among kids. Basically, young kids see themselves as something bigger than they are. For ex; for their age it may be appropriate to keep them in pull up diapers but the child may feel he is a big boy and ready for real underwear. This is the same situation, your son thinks he is a big boy and as a big boy he wants to do big boy things and that includes going to the john like other big boys. He may even be picking this up from you. At such young age, kids aim to please parents and want to be like mom or dad. Like daddy, he wants to use the big boy John. As you can see TXK, this has litte to do w/ Jon's "someone must have told him it is bad or society is teaching blah blah blah"

Comment

Did someone hear a strange noise? Here's another "expert" in "pyschoogy" no less (whatever that is) who thinks he has the answer. I said "probably". That's the same thing as saying "maybe". I have no idea why a two-year-old would act that way. I DO know that body shame IS taught, and children who are born WITHOUT body shame are taught not just by their parents, but by society and their peers that their bodies are shameful.

Anyway, anything I say is just an opinion. Unlike some people here, I don't claim to have the answers.

Yes, anyone can ignore anything I say since it's just an opinion. Prattle on oh expert Croydon. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X