Nude dining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nude dining

This ubject has baffled me. Some places allow you to eat lunch in the nude but not dinner. Or they will say if you eat dinner naked, you will feel awkward bc everyone else will be clothed. If i ever go to a CO resort, i will eat both lunch and dinner nude. Your thoughts?

nudemikcey: I agree with you! C/O or nude resorts cost more money than textile resorts on the average. Therefore you are paying extra for the privelege of being naked so why not be naked as much time as possible including all mealtimes?

The only thing I have wondered about though is how to keep the napkin on your lap as there is nothing to tuck it into and it usually slides off your skin more so than if you had clothes under the napkin.

I wonder if the Emily Post naturist guide says that is is okay to anchor down your napkin with your penis?

Comment

I try to never eat clothed.. What's with the lap napkin?

Comment

Tinner666
        quote:
        What's with the lap napkin?

To stop hot soup falling on something that would hurt

JAMES

Comment

But my suggestion wouldn't help that!

Comment

Have the gaspacho soup instead. It's served cold.

Bon Appétit!

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by Fuzzy Nuts:

I wonder if the Emily Post naturist guide says that is is okay to anchor down your napkin with your penis?

The mental image of that made me crack up. Ha!

Comment

quote:
                Tinner666
                quote:
                What's with the lap napkin?

JAMES
                To stop hot soup falling on something that would hurt

Another good reason for a napkin is that it's hard to find dropped peas in your pubes Perhaps thats why resorts don't allow naked diner guests - imagine the sight of all the people (who don't use napkins) burrowing around between their legs looking for peas

JAMES

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by nudemikey:
                  This ubject has baffled me. Some places allow you to eat lunch in the nude but not dinner. Or they will say if you eat dinner naked, you will feel awkward bc everyone else will be clothed. If i ever go to a CO resort, i will eat both lunch and dinner nude. Your thoughts?

Sigh....

Question - Do nudist parks require members to dress for dinner or meals?

Answer = NO.

Take it from an old time -- three decades of social nudism -- nudist, this malarkey of nudists getting dressed for dinner is just that.

Malarkey. An urban legend.

This myth almost certainly has been perpetuated by a television comedy gag. It's been used at least three times in sitcoms , and there likely will be some in the future.

The skit theme goes like this - with variations. The characters of the show find themselves spending time, reluctantly, at a nudist park. They spend all their time hiding, clothed, staying in their rooms, etc. while looking out the windows and being shocked at what they see. A few anecdotal jokes are also scattered through the show.

Well - they do have to emerge sometime, so they decide to bare all and head on down to the restaurant or dining area for a meal, and they're in the nude -- and they get there to see all of the nudists clothed, and are admonished that nudists dress for dinner.

I can tell you -

THERE IS NO RULE OR CONVENTION WHERE NUDISTS ARE REQUIRED OR EXPECTED TO DRESS FOR DINNER. AT LEAST IN NORTH AMERICA. THIS IS AN URBAN LEGEND.

In fact, in Philadelphia, New York, and now New Hampshire, groups hold regular nudist dinner parties at restaurants. Many nudists - my wife and I included -- have been guests at nude dinner parties at others' homes, and have hosted them here at the house.

Someone has told me that at SOME places in Europe it could be a conventional practice -- my wife and I stayed at a naturist b&b in Devon, England, where we didn't eat at the dinner table in the nude, but that might have been owing to the chilly weather that evening.

Other than that -- I have visited perhaps 25 nudist parks and resorts in the last 29 years and have never seen such a rule or convention.

At the "super resorts" in Florida - Cypress Cove, Caliente, and Paradise Lakes, no such rules exist and you will see people dining either clothed OR nude in the restaurants there.

Anyone who tells you that this is a "rule" or "standard" , at least in North America, is probably showing his/her inexperience and like many here in the CFI board, probably have never been in a social nudist situation themselves.

I'm not meaning to be rude by saying this, but I've seen this "mythoid" brought out so many times over the years, it needs to be debunked.

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Fuzzy Nuts:
                    nudemikcey: I agree with you! C/O or nude resorts cost more money than textile resorts on the average. Therefore you are paying extra for the privelege of being naked so why not be naked as much time as possible including all mealtimes?

The only thing I have wondered about though is how to keep the napkin on your lap as there is nothing to tuck it into and it usually slides off your skin more so than if you had clothes under the napkin.

I suppose that would work, as long as your penis dosen't get blown away.

Zevei

Sorry, it was just way too much of a straight line to let it go... OK, I know, you're going to delete this....

Comment

Zevei - Good response!

Comment

I've never seen it where you were required to dress for meals, it sounds bizarr.

I have been to aobut a dozen or so nudist resorts and many other gatherings of nudists and a meal is often one of our focal points of the event. We eat naked no big deal. I wonder how this urban legend got started? Was it that old episode of Golden Girls? The one where Rose books them to stay at a nudist resort by mistake and they hide in thier rooms until they work up the courage to come downstairs nude only to find all the nudists have dressed for dinner and the waiter then makes the comment that in their case he wishes they always would dress. I thnk something like this may be behind this misconception.

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by NudeAl:
                          I've never seen it where you were required to dress for meals, it sounds bizarr.

I have been to aobut a dozen or so nudist resorts and many other gatherings of nudists and a meal is often one of our focal points of the event. We eat naked no big deal. I wonder how this urban legend got started? Was it that old episode of Golden Girls? The one where Rose books them to stay at a nudist resort by mistake and they hide in thier rooms until they work up the courage to come downstairs nude only to find all the nudists have dressed for dinner and the waiter then makes the comment that in their case he wishes they always would dress. I thnk something like this may be behind this misconception.

EXACTLY. It had been used as early as 1966-67 in a short lived (actually very good) sitcom called "Good Morning World" -- about two DJs who were hired to do a remote broadcast from the "Honey Nude Ranch".

It was also used in an episode of another short-lived show -- not quite as good -- called "On Our Own". And also, the Golden Girls episode you mentioned. Look for it to pop up again.

Comment

There is some requirement in Mexico that you have to dress where food is being served.

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by beachnudist:
                              There is some requirement in Mexico that you have to dress where food is being served.
                              ...not true...at Hidden Beach Resort south of Cancun (hiddenbeachresort.com) you can be nude 24-7 anywhere on the resort property...and dressing for dinner is your choice...I usually wear a towel to dinner when there...to sit on...

Comment

Working...
                              X