No announcement yet.

Fathers & Sons Sharing Nude Recreation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All three of my children were raised in a "clothing optional" household. All three reacted differently. My oldest daughter has always enjoyed being nude. Now she and her husband hardly ever wear anything at home.

My younger daughter became extremely modest for about 3 years. However, at 17 she asked to start going to Laguna Del Sol again with us. Now she has her own membership and visits LDS often with her boyfriend. (She's nearly 20 now so it's been a few years.)

My son likes to "air dry" after a shower, but has no other interest in nudism. He's OK with walking around nude at home, but basically feels better with his clothes on.

As for nude moments with my son, he often comes in to talk before getting dressed for school or a date, but it just seems normal for both of us because it's always been that way in our home. Same with my wife. If she forgets to bring a towel to the bath, she really doesn't care who brings it to her...son, daughter, me, whoever. I gues that makes us a very fortunate family.

Comment

Reading these comments I sure wish I had been brought up in a clothing-free home. I have never seen my parents (89 and 91) naked and they havent seen me naked since I became a teen.

Maybe this is why I took so long to come out of the nudist closet.

Comment

All three of my children were raised in a "clothing optional" household. All three reacted differently. My oldest daughter has always enjoyed being nude. Now she and her husband hardly ever wear anything at home.

It's great that you raised your children in a clothing optional household and let them decide for themselves what feels good for them.

Still, it's really nice to see parents and their children sharing the life style.

On a recent visit to the beach I saw a young dad and his son (probably about 3 years old) playing as they were walking naked along the beach. They looked so happy and carefree. It was so nice to see.

SD

Comment

My wife and I were most always naked at home. The kids 1 daughter and 1 son took saunas, went to nudists resorts, nude beaches the pool and hung around the house naked. We had nude parties and the kids were always there. My friends and I could be in the sauna and the wife and kids would just come in naked to shower. We also had a nude brunch every Sunday.

Now they are both grown and have kids of there own and they are hardly ever naked.

Comment

Please excuse me, I forgot my stepson Chris. He waas also always naked with the family. He lives in Connecticut and can only get naked with me two or three times a year. Then we hang around naked and take a sauna together.

Comment

Never had this experience with my dad, I am sad for this....now its to late, he passed.

Comment

Re: Fathers & Sons Sharing Nude Recreation

Have been swimming and using hot tub with my son.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauna View Post
                  In my country at least the Lutheran church organizes father and son camps where all join naked sauna and swimming. In family nakedness is local habit.
                  We need more of this in the States...still so puritanical here.

Comment

Took my son to the local CO beach. He liked to ride his boogie board and build
                    sand castles, always in his birthday suit. He always made new friends, some
                    that were not nude.

Comment

The family has seen me many times nude, and it really doesn't bother them 'that' much, but they (the sons) are uncomfortable, so I'll cover when they are around. Like my Grandmother used to say, "To keep peace in the family".
                      Last edited by nudeM; 12-05-2009, 07:05 AM.

Comment

We are clothing optional family. Wife, myself, 26 year old son and 13 year old son.

The 26 year old used to go to the local club with us until he was about 18 1/2. He had to join himself at 18, but abt 6 mo later lost interest. He'll be nude for a few minutes around the house after a shower, but then he puts on boxers and stays that way until going out.

The 13 year old used to be nude even when it was too cold for me, but as soon as his pubic hairs became noticeable (he was 11), he started wearing boxers like his older brother.

Before that 'dreaded' change, he went backpacking and canoe camping with me and had no problem being naked in the wilderness. When he goes with me now, he stays dressed and even goes in the tent to change. And the only time he goes to Cypress Cove with us is when his older brother is not home. He'd rather stay at home with bro than go swimming with us.

Comment

My dad was not a nudist & didn't grow up in a "clothing optional" environment. But he was very comfortable and natural about being naked in front of me. My earliest memories are of his running around completely naked. He always slept naked and frequently didn't wear underwear.
                          It was certainly the imprint for my being a nudist and always living completely naked as an adult. I was already practicing living as naked as I could during my teens at home and knew I would always live naked. Tim

Comment

I think my Dad would have raised us nude if he would have known more about it. He was never nude around us, or us with him. Mom wouldn't let us. We learned a whole lot of body shame with her.

I don't have sons. If I did, I would have raised them up in the nudist style. But I have 2 daughters. They're both grown and out. So the opportunity isn't there, nor do I go looking for it. However, sometime after my last daughter moved out, she came over on a surprise visit. My wife had just left for work, and I thought she was returning because maybe she had forgotten something. I had just gotten on the computer - nude, and my daughter walks in. I hear the door, so I get up to go answer and see what's up. My daughter and I talked for about 5 minutes about nothing, just making conversation. Then I tell her I better go get dressed. I probably should have stayed nude. It was too awkward I guess. Oh well. haha.

Comment

My parents raised three sons and it was not unusual growing up to see my parents nude. My mother used to take us into the shower with her when we were little, and there was the times when all three boys took bathes together – until we got old enough to take showers by ourselves. My father slept in the nude and my parent’s bedroom door was usually open so it was no secret. I am sure there was nothing unusual about our family life growing up in the 60s and 70s – nudity was not promoted, nor encouraged, however; it was not hidden or shameful. Fast forward to a couple of years ago and I find out my father was a member of a national nudist organization. Prior to finding out about my father’s interest in nudism I had developed my own interests. My father and I have not experienced naturist activities together, however; we have talked about it on the phone. My dad lives a couple thousand miles away and we only get together for an a week every other year. He has a nudist lifestyle around his house and I could enjoy it when I visit except for the fact that my wife and daughters do not approve. I have to restrict my activities to those times when my daughters are not at home.

Comment

I was raised in a household where my mom wouldn't even get changed in her bedroom...she used either the closet or the bathroom. I wish that nudity was more accepted in my home growing up. I never participated in activities with my father in the nude. I hope things will be different for me when I have kids of my own.

Comment

Working...
                                X