Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do girls think of guys who shave

Hi all.

I want to get some feedback from some of the girls on whether they generaly like the idea of a man shaving off all of his pubic hair. Do you enjoy or even prefer the appearance? And if so, why? What is it you like most about it? Do any of you think that it's a little bit kinky or weird in any way, or even unmasculine, or that it doesn't matter?

I know some people who think that only women should shave their legs and armpits for example, and that men shouldn't remove their body hair, that body hair is part of being masculine.

Removing all of the pubic hair, particularly in a nudist environment, can be seen by some people as really making a fashion statement, and in some way drawing attention to the genitals. Making them in some way more of a focal point.

I've tried shaving a couple of times and I really enjoyed it. It felt like I was doing something really unusual, that I wouldn't share the knowledge of with most of the people I know, except other nudists. I was curious to see what I looked like, and also drawn to the idea of making my penis and testicles stand out more, being even more naked than normal.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hi all.

I want to get some feedback from some of the girls on whether they generaly like the idea of a man shaving off all of his pubic hair. Do you enjoy or even prefer the appearance? And if so, why? What is it you like most about it? Do any of you think that it's a little bit kinky or weird in any way, or even unmasculine, or that it doesn't matter?

I know some people who think that only women should shave their legs and armpits for example, and that men shouldn't remove their body hair, that body hair is part of being masculine.

Removing all of the pubic hair, particularly in a nudist environment, can be seen by some people as really making a fashion statement, and in some way drawing attention to the genitals. Making them in some way more of a focal point.

I've tried shaving a couple of times and I really enjoyed it. It felt like I was doing something really unusual, that I wouldn't share the knowledge of with most of the people I know, except other nudists. I was curious to see what I looked like, and also drawn to the idea of making my penis and testicles stand out more, being even more naked than normal.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Comment

Hi Fred26.....I have a theory that whether man or woman you prefer others to be like you....shaved prefer shaved ....hairy prefer hairy. Am I wrong? Lets here it folks. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Let me just apologize in advance if I sound a little self-righteous but I have a few things to say about the topic of shaving. First of all, I think the very topic is very superficial and I started in naturism to get away from the superficial. I don't feel this topic deserves space on the boards, not to mention being rehashed over and over and over again probably more than any other subject. I guess a little curiousity is healthy and so ok, one or two threads are ok but please people, can we finally let it go. Some people shave, some people don't and others are in the in between stage where they groom as they see fit. It is a preference and no one out there has the right to say it is a wrong or right thing to do. It's like saying wearing green shoes is ok but not red shoes. IT'S ALL GOOD Be concerned with your own crotch and leave O.P.P.'s out of it. One more thing, to those who have posted on this subject in a leary, pervy and thinly veiled way, don't think we are so stupid we don't see it. You all know who you are, please get a life. There is more this world has to offer than cheap thrills obtained through naturist bullitin boards and if you must get your jollies on-line, go somewhere skanky, don't contaminate our purity please.

Wow...did I type all that? I haven't went off like that in a while...hehe...Anyway, I hope I speak for the majority out there when I say "there are better things to discuss so let's do just that"

Comment

Hooked: I must say I totally agree. Here's
          a suggestion with those of you continually
          fascinated with this subject. Instead of
          posting a new topic on "whether or not
          public shaving is attractive" why don't you
          scan the dozens of threads on this very
          same subject that are listing under the
          "Body Acceptance" topic..
          This subject has indeed worn out it's
          welcome!

Comment

That's the problem with these posts. The same old topics over and over. Rarely is there anything new. Most of the posts I just skip since I'm bored with them--like this one.

Comment

I find it strange that Hooked says "I don't feel this topic deserves space on the boards.." and then goes on to perpetuate the discussion by giving us the benefit of his opinion on the subject. The title of the topic gives a perfectly clear guide to its content so if you think it's superficial and not worthy of discussion then why waste your time reading it - and worse still responding to it?

Sad as it may be, it seems that shaving (and of course errections) do occupy the minds of many nudists and would be nudists. Perhaps Bartamus, you could arrange for an article on shaving to be referenced from the INA home page so that when people like Fred26 (a brand new user of these forums who may now be disillusioned with the responses he's had) ask questions which the rest of us are bored with they could be directed to the article.

Comment

Rik: That's a great suggestion. I'll mention
                it to the web design people..Corey and Corky

Comment

Sometimes, I'm convinced there are only two topics on this board; shaving and men who are concerned about the size of their genitals. That aside, the fact remains Fred26 asked for opinions.
                  My feeling is that people into nudism are doing it for decorative effect. We're not wearing clothes, so why not express ourselves by shaving, piercing, etc. Whatever works for the person. I prefer to remain hairy. My ear is pierced and I love to wear jewelry. That's my choice.

Is anyone else going to respond to this poor guy?

Comment

MikeyBear1964: You're right. Let's be fair
                    to Fred26. My take on the subject..most guys
                    I know who shave do it..cause women they
                    know like that look better

Comment

Bartamus and MikeyBear1964, thankyou very much for responding. I appreciate this topic is rather well investigated to say the least. However, it is important to remember that, as you said, I did ask for opinions. Also, while this may be a popular subject, it is something that is kind of new to me, in that although there may be lots of info out there on it, I've yet to actually hear whether girls enjoy this or not and why they do or don't. I would not say that it is something that I am "continually fascinated with" as was inferred by one post.

I've not previously come across any opinions from women themselves until I started investigating this topic myself. I've since been able to get some feedback from a couple of girls on chat sites, and also a couple of responses by way of private messages from a lady who uses this site regularly that were really sweet, and I really do thank her immensely for taking the trouble to do so.

My purpose for bringing this topic up in the first place was to address some concerns I had about the meaning that people may place on men removing their pubic hair. I am very interested in not giving out the wrong signals and being erroneously labeled by people. Also, bear in mind I come from a background where the general feeling as I understand it to be is that men don’t remove their pubic hair or shave their legs, as this is seen as something that is unmasculine.

I was genuinely concerned that people may regard men who remove their pubic hair as being weirdos, or even worse gay. And I did actually get some feedback along these lines from some people on a chat site. They noted that male genital shaving was popular amongst gays and swingers, and they felt that it was basically a form of exhibitionism and as a result contrary to the ideals of naturism. Interesting to note that they were older people, and also seemingly part of a minority.

I'm starting to understand that there seem to be as great a number of girls who like guys to shave, as there are guys who like girls to remove all their pubic hair. And this really is a very pleasant surprise indeed believe me.

Comment

Although I specifically requested responses from girls, it is valuable to get some insight from the guys. However, while I'm appreciative of the responses above from Bart and MikeyBear, any feedback from some girls would be very much appreciated, and I really would value it highly.

Comment

Fred26; Thanks for your thoughtful posting.
                          I guess those of us who've been in the forum
                          for a while take it for granted that some
                          topics (as they say in legal terms have
                          been "asked and answered". Your inquiry
                          is well reasoned. I apologize for any
                          caustic comments.
                          Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Maybe you should come to Turkey - the majority of young guys remove their underarm hair and their pubic hair as a health thing - and there is certainly nothing unmasculine or gay about it in the least - do whatever feels natural to you.

Comment

My 16 and 13 year old sons have started shaving their privates. Both said their girlfriends liked it. I tried it and my wife loves it.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X