Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should gay couples be accepted at "family" naturist resorts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should gay couples be accepted at "family" naturist resorts?

Here's a new topic I have not seen:
    My partner of nine years and I would love to go to more resorts. The sad thing is, we cannot get in to many, as we do not fit into the definition of "couple" so many resorts require as we are two guys.
    I understand the whole "need to keep the numbers fair" issue. We are a couple, we would like access. Why should we be halted because we do not fit the definition of "couple"?
    We are not perverts, we are not looking to molest, all we wnat to do is go naked like everyone else!
    We really could offer any organiazation that would allow us entry a nice bit of diversity, as we both have many interests, life experience, etc.
    Isn' it all about acceptance? If we beg the textile world to accept us, shouldn't we accept eachother?
    Hope this does not cause too many hurt feelings.
    Enjoy the freedom (if you are lucky enough to get it...)
    crchris

Here's a new topic I have not seen:
    My partner of nine years and I would love to go to more resorts. The sad thing is, we cannot get in to many, as we do not fit into the definition of "couple" so many resorts require as we are two guys.
    I understand the whole "need to keep the numbers fair" issue. We are a couple, we would like access. Why should we be halted because we do not fit the definition of "couple"?
    We are not perverts, we are not looking to molest, all we wnat to do is go naked like everyone else!
    We really could offer any organiazation that would allow us entry a nice bit of diversity, as we both have many interests, life experience, etc.
    Isn' it all about acceptance? If we beg the textile world to accept us, shouldn't we accept eachother?
    Hope this does not cause too many hurt feelings.
    Enjoy the freedom (if you are lucky enough to get it...)
    crchris

Comment

Hi crchris,

I've been called prejudiced because of my stand against your lifestyle. However, it's the lifestyle and not the people I'm against.

Having said that, here's my two cents worth--if it's even worth that.

You're rejected in many nudist venues because of your lifestyle AND because you're single. I and many other men are rejected simply because we're not married--no matter what the reason for that. Nudism is SUPPOSED to be about first accepting one's own body and then accepting others' bodies without shame or embarrassment. I personally, despite one person's opinion of me here, don't care what a person's lifestyle is. I can be friendly with anyone as long as they don't try to change my beliefs or force themselves on me.

Some places do accept gays. A place called Turtle Lake Resort here in Michigan does. I've seen them there, and they were very friendly and kept to themselves. I'm divorced, a father and grandfather, and some places won't let me in. Others will only let me in because I'm an AANR member.

There's just as much mistrust and suspicion among nudists who TALK about wanting to be accepted by the world, but too many of them don't practice toward others what they want for themselves. For one who is called prejudiced because I don't accept a lifestyle, I am more accepting of other PEOPLE than many who claim that nudists are accepting.

I'm fairly new to social nudism since I've only been into it for two years, and I've observed that it is primarily for families, or at least married couples. That leaves you, your partner and me out of a lot of it. Even as a heterosexual I know where you're coming from with this non-acceptance of men who aren't married.

Like me, you just want to enjoy being nude with others. However, also like me, you're rejected because you don't have a wife.

Comment

This is not a couples or singles issue. The question really is, "How dose the stright society club member feel about having homosexuals in their nudist enviroment, expecially where children may be involved?"
        Over the last 20 years or so, homosexuals have made themselves well known publicly for their various types of "diversity and life experiances". I for one would be not comfortable being in a nude enviroment with them. There are ample clubs for their type of attitude. Places where the stright world will not and has no interest to trespass. Let the homosexuals find their relaxation amoung their own.
        By the way, there is nothing "gay" about being a homosexual. It fosters the vilest, most un-natural side of their devient, chosen life style. Even a large towel will never cover up their potential depravity and damage they are capable of inflicting on a club and its members. Until they are able to identify the real function of their anus, they are best off not being allowed into our clubs and spas.
        I am sure that my statements will bring forth a torrent of name calling from the homosexual community. That is OK with me. Their name calling is only their opinion and not proof of what hey are saying. I on the other hand have only reported what is generally known by the public and practiced by the homosexuals! (For aditional information, see the latest reports on the AIDS epidemic.)

Comment

Chris,
          Check your private messages. I've sent you the info that will get you started into places to go, that AREN'T going to give you a hard time about your relationship. Some of the info is gay based and others carry a MATURE, GROWN-UP attitude about your relationship, unlike many of the responses you have gotten here. It really is too bad that many still haven't realized that the gay and lesbian society is NOT the child molesting, "DEVIENTS" that the uninformed see you as. I wish you and your boyfriend luck in your quest!

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by jetmanstwo:
            [qb]This is not a couples or singles issue. The question really is, "How dose the stright society club member feel about having homosexuals in their nudist enviroment, expecially where children may be involved?" [/qb]
            What does the straight club member imagine will happen to their children?
            quote:
            [qb]Until they are able to identify the real function of their anus, they are best off not being allowed into our clubs and spas. [/qb]
            Perhaps you'd also like to ban the many straight couples who enjoy anal sex? But how would you know?
            quote:
            [qb]I am sure that my statements will bring forth a torrent of name calling from the homosexual community... [/qb]
            No, what you'll get here is reasoned and informed debate from both the homosexual and non-homosexual communities.
            quote:
            [qb]That is OK with me. [/qb]
            Ok then, you're a ...... No I can't bring myself to say it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
            quote:
            [qb]I on the other hand have only reported what is generally known by the public and practiced by the homosexuals![/qb]
            Hmm, I don't think so. What you have reported is your own ill-informed prejudice although I would agree that it may be shared by an equally ill- informed public. As naturists don't we just know how ill-informed the public can be?

Rik

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by Jon-Marc:
              [qb].. and I've observed that it is primarily for families, or at least married couples.[/qb]
              I take the view that naturism is for anyone who wants it but the fact that it appears to be for families/married couples is merely a symptom of restrictive policies of clubs/resorts.

Rik

Comment

Steve,

I just want to say thanks for the information to Chris. It is refreshing to see other individuals who recognize that gay people are not perverts. I am sure Chris appreciates the information you gave him concerning alternate sites where he would feel more welcome. I've noticed a thread of homophoia on this site in other messages as well. I thought naturists were supposed to be accepting. Yet more and more I see a very judgmental attitude expressed. This applies not only to sexual orientation but marital status as well. Single men are often not accepted at naturist sites due to the belief that they want to oggle and harass women. How sad that we are judged and descriminated against by what other's believe rather than who we are.

In my own experience,I was finally admitted into a naturist resort that relaxed it's "couples only" policy. Before they would agree to admit me they had to call another resort I frequented to make sure I was "OK". I found this humiliating. I was treated as if I were a sex offender simply because I am a single man. I also happen to be gay. Of course I didn't dare mention that or I would have probably been banned. Instead, I am able to visit this resort, swim, lounge by the pool, read a book and mind my own business. In other words, I fit in just as any straight or married guy would. Nude recreation is fun, wholesome and should be available for the enjoyment of all regardless of their sexual preference and/or marital staus. Many gay people are in committed relationships and contrary to popular belief aren't out to molest straight people and kids. In fact, we may be standing right next to you in a check out line or on a bus.
                We go to work everyday, pay our bills, mow our lawns, and so on (surprise!) just like straight people.

Steve, I'm glad you're out there. Your attitude towards others appears to be accepting and positive. You're a role model for other naturists. As a gay may I appreciate you offering acceptance instead of judgements.

Comment

I'm really shocked by some of the "gay bashing" I've just read in a couple of posts. But, I guess that's why we have an open forum. As a straight married man perhaps I don't have the proper perspective to discuss this topic, but here's my two cents worth anyway. I believe we should be accepting of all people, reguardless of race, color or sexual preference. After all, isn't that what nudism all about? Don't we all ask to be accepted "as we are"? The homosexual lifestyle doesn't appeal to me, but why should I condemn another person because it appeals to him? As long as there isn't open sexual contact, reguardless of gender, all men and women should be accepted as the individuals that they are. If that particular person causes a problem, then handle the problem with that person. Women who go to beaches and resorts, often go in groups as most feel there's safty in numbers, or that they just prefer to have a friend close by. Most clubs try to attract single women to their locations to achieve "gender balance" while restricting the number of single men. Why gender balance is so important in a nudist venue is beyond me, and obviously not something that's going to be changed in the near future. So, to answer the original query, men, women,gay or straight should be welcomed openly into our society, if not then we're not really different than those whose oppose us for our nudist lifestyle choices.To steal a quote here "Can't we all just get along?"

Comment

Kenny G, all I can add to that is AMEN.

Comment

Some comments by jetmanstwo really deserve a response as they perpetuate stereotyping and hatred that is unwarranted.

quote:
                      Over the last 20 years or so, homosexuals have made themselves well known publicly for their various types of "diversity and life experiances". I for one would be not comfortable being in a nude enviroment with them. There are ample clubs for their type of attitude. Places where the stright world will not and has no interest to trespass. Let the homosexuals find their relaxation amoung their own.
                      I don't know particularly what "diversity and life experiences" are being referred to here, but pretty much all of the sexual practices that homosexuals engage in are engaged in by at least some straight people as well. Furthermore, some of the most depraved sexual crimes, against adults and children alike, are committed by so-called "straight" people. There is nothing inherent in homosexuality that makes homosexuals more prone to deviant behaviour that will impact on others (such as those who might stay in the same resort as them) than straight people.

quote:
                      By the way, there is nothing "gay" about being a homosexual. It fosters the vilest, most un-natural side of their devient, chosen life style. Even a large towel will never cover up their potential depravity and damage they are capable of inflicting on a club and its members. Until they are able to identify the real function of their anus, they are best off not being allowed into our clubs and spas.
                      It's unclear what you're getting at here, but the only real objection I can discern is to those who engage in anal sex. There are plenty of homosexuals who do not engage in anal sex, and as was pointed out above, there are plenty of straight people that do. If this is the real basis of your objection, stop misdirecting your comments at homosexuals. Perhaps what you would advocate is a questionnaire for all people entering resorts to declare their sexual practices, with those who are considered deviant by your standards banned?

Comment

I am saddened to see the comments by Jetmanstwo, I had begun to think that there would be a little more tollerance and understanding on a board such as this.

I read an old book reasently which used the sort of arguements you put forward to prove that slavery should be continued and indeed it was a moral duty to enslave blacks to protect the family...at least that was what the author thought... He was a christian minister.

I will not call you names, that would only give you satisfaction and a chance to gloat on how right you were. Instead I would ask you to review some of your prejudices, rather than continue posting myths and untruths, look to find out what it is that scares you so, when you confront your fears, often they turn out to be only in your head.

As to the original post, sadly I have no experience of gay couples in naturism, however I wish all people who want to enjoy the naturist/nudist lifestyle all the best and that you encounter people with less blinkered views than have unfortunately been showed here.

I once heard that Bigotry was the sign of a small mind. Lets be as open with out minds as we are with our nudity.

B

Comment

By no means am I surprised or saddened by Jetmanstwo's comments. Many people think like him and it comes to no surprise. It is clear that Jetmanstwo's comments are just based on ignorance and speculations as to what he THINKS gay people do and who they are. I doubt that he has taken the time out to educate himself about gay people. I believe if he knew a gay person, he would not have the views that he has. All in all, Jetmanstwo is doing nothing but making himself look stupid and ignorant. People who speak like him only make themselves look bad.

I think many people are forgetting that naturists are no different than non naturists. The only difference is that one group enjoys being nude. That being said, like people of the clothing community, naturists hold the same ideas and views as non nudists, however ignorant or not. Despite the whole accepting and loving "campaign" the nudist community seems to market, many do not follow the idea. Many discriminate, many judge and many do not love and accept. Never have I bought the "love and accept" ideology of the naturists community because it is all a crock of bull (pardon me). Not many naturist follow the ideology or buy it. This shows how many in the naturist community are hypocrites. This shows my point that naturists are no different than non naturists.

Comment

Wow, the reponses put forth are pretty amazing!
                            From the bottom of my heart, I thank those of you who were so supportive, kind and non-judgemental.
                            For those of you who were not (and YOU know who you are) I shake my head and ask that God (or whoever your creator was) have mercy on your judgemental, arrogant, bigoted, ignorant souls.
                            Guys, maybe all of us (gay, straight, bigoted, etc.) really need to challenge the fact that, just because we are of the male species, does not mean that if there are more of us at a resort, the rest have to worry. Isn't it very sad that with all of our advances in medicine and science as humans we still feel we must be seperate from eachother (male, female, straight, gay, etc.). Again, we complain about the textile world not accepting us, yet, we cannot accept eachother...Very sad indeed...

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by fred950:
                              [qb]Kenny G, all I can add to that is AMEN.[/qb]
                              Fred & Kenny G,

I'm glad you and some others responded as you did. I know it's idealistic but I still believe if we focus on our similarities instead of our differences we can all "play well together."
                              The hatred that is expressed in some of the responses to this "Gay Couples" topic were eyeopening indeed. It just goes to show how far we all have to go to simply "live and let live."

I guess I bought all dialogue the naturist's are accepting I read on many of these boards.
                              I've looked on other naturist sites such as Netnude and they and I was pleased to see a more accepting attitude by those who respond to thier message board.

Please know that I do appreciate those who are supportive. It gives me hope for the future of all of us as human beings.

Comment

Working...
                              X