Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you define 'Nudist'?

Hi,

I'm monica. Fresh nudist woman. How do you define 'Nudist'?

Re: How do you define 'Nudist'?

How do I define Nudist?

It is when you can walk down the stairs to get to Wreck Beach. Then strip off your clothing and soak up some rays while half asleep. While this is happening, 3 young (20's) attractive LADIES set up shop within a few feet of myself.

I strike up a conversation with them about the nice weather and how this beach is 'THE PLACE', etc. All 3 are still wearing Bikinis, then one of the Ladies decides to go topless. Then the other 2 go topless. I decide to go for a dip in the ocean,come back to my spot, have some idle chit chat again. They live in Vancouver and this was their first time at Wreck. I told them I was from Alberta. Then, one of the ladies asks me: How come none of the guys have Boners!

I told her this rarely happens at a nude beach! People are here because they like being nude! Within a few minutes, they were nude themselves. They would put their bikini bottoms on to go in the water at first, but later, they were totally nude when they went for a dip. I think they are 'SOLD' on this lifestyle!

Comment

My defination of a nudist would be anyone who loves and enjoys living everyday life totally clothesfree. Be it at home by yourself, at home with others or social nudity, if you prefer to be nude, then I would say you are a nudist. Are you considered a nudist if you are unable to walk around nude at home or anywhere else? Not really. You could be labeled a nudist, but due to circumstances, you are not at liberty to practice as you wish. Many of us are in that position. Even though we prefer to be naked, many are not able to openly practice because of non-nudists living at home. All 'true nudists' abide by the laws and take steps not to 'push the envelope', so to speak.

Comment

nudist- someone who would spend more time nude than clothed, as long as the laws and weather allowed, and who sees nothing wrong with hanging out with other people in the nude at the same time.

And welcome to the boards Monica.

Comment

A nudist (or naturist IMHO) is one who prefers to be clothes-free as often as is practical.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheri View Post
            A nudist (or naturist IMHO) is one who prefers to be clothes-free as often as is practical.
            Quite true and a great reply Cheri.

Comment

I agree with Cheri. As much as I enjoy being nude, weather and being part of society limits being nude all the time. A nudist is someone who looks at every opportunity to be nude.

Comment

I don't know. I think a nudist is one who is comfortable being nude. I don't think that s/he has to be nude a majority of the time. It is less that they are nude and more that it does not matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaewok1 View Post
                  nudist- someone who would spend more time nude than clothed, as long as the laws and weather allowed, and who sees nothing wrong with hanging out with other people in the nude at the same time.

And welcome to the boards Monica.
                  I'd like to, but this is Canada! We had our 1st frost 2 weeks ago.

Comment

A nudist is someone who puts on clothes when needed and then puts them back in the closet when done.
                    (clarification: beach nudists use their beach bags as "closets" for travel clothes.)

It's a default mentality issue. Some people take clothes off to be nude. Nudists are nude till they put clothes on.
                    Last edited by Agde; 09-26-2010, 07:47 PM.

Comment

I think that's a good description. It's not one that those who never sunbathe on a beach nude or swim nude would use (they'd consider that nudism in itself)- for me there has to be the step beyond just being naked where others would wear a swimming costume.

Comment

Yup.........agreed.

Comment

Working...
                        X