Le Cap d'Agde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Cap d'Agde

Has anyone been to this nudist village in France?

Has anyone been to this nudist village in France?

Comment

Joeynaturist

There has been many posts on Cap d'Agde over the years.

Learn how to use the Forums search engine page, you can find most anything that's been posted:

Forums search engine page "Link"

Link to previous mention of "Cap d'Adge"

Comment

In my earlier life, i spent almost 3 months living and working there-perhaps the "best" job I have had in my life! I shared a small apartment with, if I remember correctly, 5 other people and worked at one of the local eateries as a glorified "go for" clearing tables, cleaning, stocking-whatever-all nude except for my little apron!

Comment

Dear Joey,

Yes, I have visited le Cap d'Agde twice, in the summer of 2004.
          There is much you can do there, including camping and boating. If the weather is bad, it is easy from that location to visit other places of interest in France.
          The nude beach is wide and very long, so I don't think you'll find it uncomfortably crowded. The surf can be very calm most of the time. I'd have a pair of sunglasses handy, because the breezes can kick up quite a bit of sand, though not necessarily.
          I would classify the Quartier Naturiste as more of a resort, just as Walt Disney World has a host of hotels and campgrounds surrounding its artifical lake as a resort. I say this not in order to compare Cap d'Agde's Quartier Naturiste to Disney World, but rather in order to distinguish the place from a "city" or "town." The nude part of Cap d'Agde is like a town in terms of the quantity of people staying there, and in terms of its self-sufficiency. But it is not like a town with its Main Street, High Street, churches, etc. A wide canal with a marina separates the resort from the clothed beach to the west. Large hotels and apartment complexes have their shops and restaurants on the ground floors. Wide expanses of lawns and parking separate these structures. Some are directly behind the beach. That beach stretches on to where the hotels do not lie directly on it, first transitioning to a park for campers and finally to protected land with dunes and tall grasses lining the beach. Where the nude area ends at the eastern extreme of the beach, the nude area is still visible several yards in from the shoreline, only a large sign indicates the end of the nude area.
          Many of the people there are not French, either, but many are. On the beach, everyone is nude. Going about the shops and restaurants, the staff is usually fully dressed. Some men working there will indicate that they are really nudists by covering themselves very little to comply with the regulations. Some of the people milling about will be clothed, most adults won't be.
          It's a wonderful place, definitely worthwhile for a nude vacation. I hope to return there some day, and if I could afford it, I would purchase a flat of my own there.
          Keep us posted as to how you like it!

Comment

Hey Joeynaturist,

We visited Cap d'adge (as a monogomous, married couple) just this past summer and stayed three nights at Hotel Eve. Surreal is the word that comes to mind! We had a good time there, but there are SO many excellent naturist places in France that it's difficult to make a case for Cap d'Agde unless you're really looking for the racier edge of nudity. Just making your way past the lingerie shops during the day, (and the swinger and strip clubs during the evening) is an education in itself. We have been to much nicer nude beaches in France, and I would say ANY restaurant we've visited outside of the Cap was better (and cheaper) than what we found there.

I'll try to get our trip report posted later this week with a few photos as well. You should also check out the book, "The Naked Truth about Cap d'Adge." We found it to be helpful and entertaining!

Everybody should go once to say they've been there, but if you're going to make the effort to get to France, there are much better choices. (Again - depending on what you're looking for.)

P

Comment

OK - Here's our two cents on the topic - Check out our trip report from our visit there this past summer.

P

Comment

P&C -- Super report on Cap d'Agde! How things have changed since my family summers there when I was a kid! Your reports at www.pandctravel.com were also wonderfully written and right on target for all the places I've visited! A great resource for anyone planning a holiday!

Comment

Thanks for your kind words - espescially coming from a Frenchman! In the coming months, I'll be posting additional reports about La Sabliere, Belezy, Euronat, Oasis-Leucate, and La Pallieter in Normandy.

It is truly difficult to beat naturist holidays in France. Best options on the planet as far as we're concerned!

P

Comment

Great reports - very well balanced comments. Many thanks for the links. Club Origan sounds particularly appealing

Comment

Working...
                    X