Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nudist Questions

Hi everyone-

I have two questions that I was wondering if anyone could help me out with. My first question is, can you get in trouble for being naked on a very secluded and unpopulated beach? And for my second question, is there any age limit on clothing-optional beaches? My friend and I want to go, we are both 17 and have cars.
    PS I live in Palm Beach County, Florida if that helps with the legal question.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Thanx for your help!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hi everyone-

I have two questions that I was wondering if anyone could help me out with. My first question is, can you get in trouble for being naked on a very secluded and unpopulated beach? And for my second question, is there any age limit on clothing-optional beaches? My friend and I want to go, we are both 17 and have cars.
    PS I live in Palm Beach County, Florida if that helps with the legal question.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Thanx for your help!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If you're nude anywhere in public other than a nude beach, nudist club or resort, you could be in serious trouble if someone sees you who is offended by your nudity--particularly if it's a child. I've been there and done that--so just be careful.

To the best of my knowledge you have to be 18 to get into a nudist club or resort without your parent's permission. Be nude and have fun.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Why risk getting arrested on a "secluded beach" in less than an hour you can go to Haulover Beach in Miami. All legal, safe and clean. Your age shouldn't be a problem. I would use care in going before you are an adult (18). Remember this is not something you can "take back". Your friend needs to be discreet or you may find yourself the subject of some discussion among people at school or at home. Less concerning after you're 18. Good luck. Remember, no one on the beach is there for your entertainment. If you're going for the "sights", wait 'til you're old enough and go to a strip bar.

Comment

No I am not going for "sights" and my friend I have known for a long time and she will be naked too...Just considering the idea of going

Comment

Just forgot to say thanks for the info [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a different philosophy than others who have posted before me. I believe that there is nothing bad or immoral about being nude as long as I don't intrude on others' space. In other words, nudity at a distance is OK. If someone passes close by and I see that they are bothered, I cover up. I don't worry unduly about being hassled by the police or anyone else because I'm friendly and my motives are pure. I don't let myself feel guilty about being nude.

Gary

Comment

I agree with Jon-Marc and Burntbuns (shall I call you Reda**?) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Any time you venture out of a private residence or establishment or designated area with the purpose of nude recreation, you are risking legal troubles. However, it may depend on how well you tried to stay away from the public. Sometimes, the authorities will just give a warning to someone who is caught in an out-of-the-way, secluded area where there was no expectation of other intruders. And be sure that it is on public land and you are not trespassing on private property.

Most beaches are public domain and therefore cannot be restricted with age limits. Although you are both technically still minors, you are at the age that the authorities could consider you an adult for legal purposes, but if you are warned, they could call both your parents and definitely will if you have to accompany them to the station.

Best bet, if you go someplace secluded such as that, you may want to tell your parents and if you can talk to them about nudism, explain to them that you plan to go skinny-dipping. They may have more info about that place than we do considering we don't know where you are talking about.

Bob S.

Comment

Gary N, I don't remember saying that being nude is bad or immoral at any time or any place. I'm with you in that I see nothing wrong with being nude whenever and wherever we want. Unfortunately, the world in general and particularly the law, are the ones who say when and where we can be nude to some degree.

As stated, if you're nude in a secluded place with no expectation of company and are seen, you will probably get no more than a warning if they report you. Before I got into social nudity I wouldn't have repoerted someone if I saw them nude in a secluded spot, but not everyone thinks that way.

One time at a local beach a little girl about 5 changed her clothes on the beach with a towel over her. I saw her and just went on my way. Some idiot actually called the police on her! On a 5-year-old! I'm guessing at her age, but that's about how old she looked. She wasn't standing up in full view of anyone, and even if she had so what? She was sitting on the ground covered with a towel, and someone was actually offended enough to call the cops! Personally I thought it was cute. Be nude and have fun. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Nude Always: My first two sentences were intended to be independent thoughts: -- different philosophy; nothing bad or immoral. However, they do read as if connected. Sorry, poor drafting.

Gary

Comment

According to the Florida Supreme Court, nude is not "lewd." So nudity, in and of itself is not a problem in a secluded area. The problem comes from busybody bluehairs (who predominate your county) and redneck law enforcement. I agree that it's stupid to take a chance. Drive down to Haulover Beach this weekend and have a ball. Nobody is going to ask about your age or anything else for that matter. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

So did you take your friend to Haulover Beach for the Labor Day weekend or did you wimp out? Haulover is a very safe, police-patrolled beach, with absolutely no structure. That means there's no place to check in or pay, or get asked any questions. You part in the lot (the county charges for that) and you walk through a tunnel under A1A to get to the beach. Once there you spread out your blanket, strip off your clothes and enjoy the day. What's holding you back [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X